• Nept, Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous and 5 others like this

d1eZeG3.png

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I'd prefer the outer ring corresponds to the cone on breacher flak. Charged and secondary will hit the centre dot.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

It makes it way harder to aim with charged shots though which is especially an issue on Vytro. You should be aiming at the center of mechs while using shotguns anyway, so estimating the spread with the larger circle doesn't really help much. 

d1eZeG3.png

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
Static dot is only xhair any game ever needed ever
  • dorobo likes this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

and little something for the weapons that shoot archs

Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Nah, real men use squiggly lines in the shape of a... I mean. Ahem. We use straight lines perpendicular to one another with a two-humped catch at the bottom and a simple triangle at the top. For those targets that are just a bit too low or high to target normally. All a man ever needs in a video game really. Xhair's are so 90's man.

Edited by Leonhardt, 25 May 2017 - 10:47 PM.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

It makes it way harder to aim with charged shots though which is especially an issue on Vytro. You should be aiming at the center of mechs while using shotguns anyway, so estimating the spread with the larger circle doesn't really help much. 

I would correct that the aim should be in maximizing the area of the hitbox in relation to the effective area of the spread. In close ranges this is indeed done by aiming in the middle, but in the midranges where as long as you can fit the hitbox completely inside the spread area, it doesn't matter where you aim, as the probability space is the same for each type of event (hitting all, the cases for hitting partially and hitting none).

Which is why I think there should be a set (or at least a weighed random) spread, with a bias aiming towards the middle for maximum damage.

Chickin

Chickin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Circle can scale down for unknown reasons (for breacher charged/uncharged no matter).

It is /was random but I wish that it would stay small.

I wouldn't mind if it scaled down for charged shots and remain larger for flak shot. 

chickin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users