Photo

Votekick in it's current form doesn't work.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ezodev

Ezodev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

It seems to require EVERYONE to vote someone out before it happens. Which... won't ever happen. There will always be someone who doesn't follow the chat, won't know how to do it, doesn't understand English... or someone on the same team as this person, who values "winning" more than fair-play.

I mean, today this guy whose nick shows as black rectangles sits on the server all the time and makes every game horribly unbalanced. He is playing CRT, which isn't even fully leveled up. So I'm pretty sure he's a smurf. Unfortunately I can't check his playtime because his nick seems to crash herokuapp. Here's the link : http://hawken.heroku...om/user/зшзудфс

Anyway, votekick should probably be a majority vote.

Edited by Ezodev, 26 May 2017 - 07:56 AM.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

This is a tactic employed by some who just create an alt account SPECIFICALLY for the purpose of parking an idle player on the opposing team.

They can get around the idle timers with stupid things like taping a button down or putting a rubberband on their controller.

There was a long-standing problem with previous version of Hawken (don't know if it still exists) which would even allow a player to open multiple instances of the Hawken.exe client on the SAME machine.  Yeah, that's right, people could have 2 to 3 live game sessions open at once.  Hopefully this has been eliminated with the new requirement to log in with Steam.

So, "yes", vote-to-kick, now that they've decided to use it, needs to be easier to use and not require everyone to vote.

My opinions on the best implementation of a VTK system are:

A.  Must be initiated by the game, not by players. The game can watch for things like "no score in X minutes", "X number of suicides", "X number of team kills", "muted by X number of players", etc. - things that obviously indicate a non-player or player who needs to be dealt with.

B. When the game recognizes one or more of the conditions set, it visibly (and audibly) prompts players ON THAT PERSONS TEAM ONLY to press a single key to register a "yes" vote (not voting = "no")

C. Player who is VTK'd cannot join that same match/server again for X number of hours.  Multiple successful VTK's on a player begin to initiate online matchmaking bans starting at XX minutes and go up as more are accrued.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Don't need complex routines that needs development and may give false kicks.

Just the half of present players +1 and it's ok.

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

Ezodev

Ezodev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

And additionally, we could get some more info, that would help. On stats screen - there should be player playtime(how long have they played), accuarcy stat and MMR. That way it will be easier to judge if someone is a smurf/cheater/both.

Automated checks could be helpful, but I think there's 0 chance they will happen with the pace of development of Hawken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users