- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Incognit0

Incognit0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Rename and rearm them. The G2 system is flawed and confusing to new (and returning old) players.
I'm not suggesting a massive project. Just handle it one at a time and treat it like "rework". G2 assault becomes "Gunner" or something. Give them their own personality and weapon configurations if they don't already. Make new weapons and put them on there. There shouldn't be mechs that are just better because they cost more as well, obviously. Sorry if any of this information is outdated or wrong.
P.s. get rid of the flipping energy skin. It's an abomination.
P.p.s. thanks for bringing the speed back.
  • dorobo and Sokram like this

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

It's funny because the G2's were originally meant not to be stronger versions of the originals, but to just be weird abominations to have fun with.

I feel like it would be better if they changed the G2's to be this way again. Make them into a unique take on the originals' functions rather than being upgrades.

Lore-wise, what if they're named after their pilots? Like story-wise, the G2's were customized mechs specialized for certain characters or war-heroes. They could even be painted or have features specifically to match these characters' personalities and allegiances (and probably be cosmetically customized thereafter). I feel like this would make people more interested in the lore of this game and actually give the lore purpose.

• FRX23, dorobo, Incognit0 and 2 others like this

What the Heca-

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I have no problem with G2's,  as long as there is a reason to keep G1's.    Why not have the G1 mechs as the better balanced mech,  and make the G2 more focused?   I.E.  buff 1 or 2 attributes such as speed and boost recovery,   and nerf 1 or 2 attributes such as fuel regen and  radar range or land speed.

Make each mech have a different attribute adjustment. 

• FRX23, Miscellaneous, Incognit0 and 2 others like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

It's funny because the G2's were originally meant not to be stronger versions of the originals, but to just be weird abominations to have fun with.

I feel like it would be better if they changed the G2's to be this way again. Make them into a unique take on the originals' functions rather than being upgrades.

100% Agree

Lore-wise, what if they're named after their pilots? Like story-wise, the G2's were customized mechs specialized for certain characters or war-heroes. They could even be painted or have features specifically to match these characters' personalities and allegiances (and probably be cosmetically customized thereafter). I feel like this would make people more interested in the lore of this game and actually give the lore purpose.

This is one of the best ideas I've heard here.

• DieselCat likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I had a suggestion that the Tech have a G2 helix that does lower healing and higher DPS (and therefore reasonable self heals to the tech when dealing damage). Perhaps Amplify can apply to vamp beam to increase damage (which indirectly increases self heals) rather than only increasing the heals. I think the change to amplify should be for both G1 and G2 and just the HPS/DPS figures of the helix get adjusted between them.

It means the Tech G2 would be more battle-tech and less pocket-tech.

I'd like to see Fred get some love by swapping the standard tow for the proximity-tow that is currently a hidden asset. That way its either a direct hit or it self air-bursts if close enough (much more noob friendly).

Nolo24

Nolo24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Proximity Tow?

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Nothing new, but , yes, the G2 system sucks.  Now, it is painfully obvious that if I don't select the G2 version of a mech, I'm going to lose most encounters... because everyone else is using their more powerful G2.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users