• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Nilithium

Nilithium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
So, after remembering how the M4 Brommens combat model was upgraded into the M5 Vytro model that Sentium then proceeded to mount Vulcan-XTs on, it same with some subtle but important differences compared to Brommens:
-Increased fuel tank capacity
-Higher HP
-No burst weaponry
-Slower boost speed, faster walking speed
-High air maneuverability

Noting the changes between Brommens and Vytro (yes, that's the G2-Assault's chassis name in lore), why not make it a sidegrade from the regular Berserker, following similar lines?

Only weapons available for this new mech are the so brand new they don't exist yet, henceforth known as SMC-XT. The Submachine Cannon provides a great sustained firepower that has great amplification power by Ballistic Barrage. Considering that the Berserker was the most durable Type A mech before the update, why not apply similar change to the L3 Piston chassis? Not sure what a new codename would be though. L7 Scarab, considering small size and high durability? Of course, the guns would be nerfed like the Vulcan-XT compared to the original Vulcan.

G2 Technician should absorb the Repair Field Generator and have it be a passive for that mech. It's Repair Amp is a lot less effective as a consequence of healing many target at once, but it retains more durability and higher footspeed to keep up with roaming mechs, while the original has a higher boost speed and larger fuel tank for saving individual mechs? Codename: L8 Turion, built as a new hope as L5 Zos was crumpling under the pressure in the battlefield. Another nice addition could be allowing the Technician to pull HP faster from enemies with the Deconstruction beam, transferring it to friendly mechs instead of itself.

Those were my off the top ideas. Anyone else have ideas for sidegrades instead of blatantly outdating old mechs? Especially since you can't give them custom parts...

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I still want the tech to be more 'vampy'.
Doesnt do as much healing to teammates, but can do more deconstruction and self repair.
I had hopes the PN would get more front-loady and less bloom considering its effective range isnt great.

Edited by 6ixxer, 28 May 2017 - 01:24 AM.

• FRX23 likes this

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Make the scout faster. :D

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Nilithium

Nilithium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Make the scout faster. :D

Internal: Boombox
Theme:
  • Shade__ likes this

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
I'd only support this if there were completely different chassis for G2s as there were for the old assault and G2A. The current iteration of G2s are the same exact mech. Same chassis, etc. This is naming convention focused though.

I'd support the sidegrade though. I dont like your suggested sidegrade but it's a start.

Edited by Silverfire, 28 May 2017 - 06:47 AM.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Nilithium

Nilithium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

I'd only support this if there were completely different chassis for G2s as there were for the old assault and G2A. The current iteration of G2s are the same exact mech. Same chassis, etc. This is naming convention focused though.

I'd support the sidegrade though. I dont like your suggested sidegrade but it's a start.

Sure! Brommens bears little resemblance to Vytro. But why not SMC-XTs?

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Smg xt bad idea. Sustain in that form rots your brain.

wmmoney.png

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

G2 Tech needs dual repair torches.

• FRX23 likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

G2 Tech needs dual repair torches.

Cos 40dps wouldnt be under-powered at all.

Random thought, maybe give the tech g2 the ability to suck repair orbs with helix and it lowers cooldown on amplify rather than healing... Kinda like it is storing the energy from orbs rather than consuming immediately...

In conjunction with being more vampy, it wouldn't be able to pass it all back as heals to your team, as g2 would do less team heals. It would just make the tech more viable to do extra vamp damage. Ie: its not designed to buff the pocket tech.

Edited by 6ixxer, 28 May 2017 - 06:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users