• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Add in pairs only 1 to each team.  I know that is tuff programming.

• FRX23 likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I believe 'benching' the incoming player when the teams would be odd numbered has been suggested.

It would take some coding so don't expect it to happen soon, as its is adding features when they are currently focused on fixing broken stuff.

It doesn't help when someone leaves which then creates an unbalance. Its also been suggested that if one team has more players then you rotate players through the bench as they die, so that the team with more players cannot have them all on the field at once. Also has the impact that if your team has more players but they don't die much then one player could be on the bench for most of the game.

• FRX23 likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I wouldn't mind an auto-team-swap option that i could turn on.

eg If one team drops two players it could be evened up by moving one player across, but the re balance doesn't act so quickly. If you have players with auto-team-swap turned on then the next one on the larger team to die could respawn on the other team to even the numbers

Also if a mid-match rebalance needs to happen it could auto-F8.

So long as this is an opt-in rather than default then it shouldn't offend people to have this function.

• FRX23 likes this

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

That was suggested an infinite times.

Now it's just infinity +1.

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I still say......

Add a Bot as a team balancer.  Bot AI is good,  and the extra body will absorb gunfire.  As soon as an even-matched human shows up,  Bot terminates, human spawns in.  

• FRX23, Malyngo, Liederkranz and 1 other like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Malyngo

Malyngo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I like the idea, but it would mean quite some work to pull it off. The AI currently is only programmed for the Wave stuff and combat training. I am sure it would take quite some work to make them work on the different maps and the different modes.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

As a Hawken player, I don't mind being switched around teams regardless if it's the winning or losing team. All I care about is my personal performance. I justify this by pretending that I am merely a mercenary for the Prosk and Sentium corporations, and if one corp buys out my contract mid-combat then who am I to complain?

While what I've described may put me in the (very small?) minority, I think that total server player shuffles mid-match should be a thing. The process of players joining, leaving, and switching teams during an ongoing match is what turns balanced teams into wildly unbalanced teams. To address this, whenever teams become too "imbalanced" by some measure, then a server player shuffle should be initiated. Maybe this happens frequently, or maybe it doesn't. While there's room for improvement, I think that matchmaker does a decent job balancing teams by skill at the beginning of the match, and I think that it would do a decent job balancing teams mid-match too.

I also think that volunteering to balance teams should be done away with because there's no skill-balancing taken into account when a player volunteers to switch sides. This often causes even further team imbalance. For public servers, the team balancing should be handled impartially by MM - and maybe it involves moving / swapping more than one player.

To avoid a wave of deaths every time MM decides to shuffle players, maybe it only moves a player when they die.

This solution may be far too involved and convoluted to implement, but it's a thought I've had.

• FRX23 and Liederkranz like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

It needs to be looked at thank you for your consideration.

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

adding an  AI to fulfill a gap is good

i see some good samaritans stepping out, but at the same time, they really want to play. i really pity them, but respect them at the same time.

"heroes of the storm" is doing something good..  when someone decides to leave, they add in an "elite" mech that plays *like a casual player.  no difference or change in the outcome of the game.

they also have this crap and system that forces me to play 5-8 games a day...  it's slavery at this rate , but im still clocking in my games. check out what i mean, but before you do. watch this video.

Edited by angryhampster, 05 June 2017 - 04:58 PM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

... but before you do. watch this video.

and KARATE and MEGITSUNE are worth watching too...

oh and why not... https://www.youtube....h?v=M8-vje-bq9c

Edited by 6ixxer, 05 June 2017 - 06:02 PM.

Malyngo

Malyngo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I also think that volunteering to balance teams should be done away with because there's no skill-balancing taken into account when a player volunteers to switch sides. 

I think there is skill-balancing involved. Basically, when the message appears asking me to volunteer for a switch, I always do.

But most of the time, someone else is switched. So I guess they do take skill into account. It can't be just a random selection of one of the volunteers, or is it?

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

I think there is skill-balancing involved. Basically, when the message appears asking me to volunteer for a switch, I always do.

But most of the time, someone else is switched. So I guess they do take skill into account. It can't be just a random selection of one of the volunteers, or is it?

Good point, it may perform some skill selection based out of the pool of volunteers. Maybe if nobody volunteers it then does skill selection out of the entire team.

Regardless, I don't think that the skill selection pool should be limited by volunteers, especially when the maximum pool is as small as as 6.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 06 June 2017 - 12:10 PM.

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I've noticed that the teamswitch volunteer option no longer comes up if teams are imbalanced. I've taken to just leaving/rejoining the server so the teams will be even.

It'd also help if we didn't have so many leaver scum in this game who leave when they're losing or even think there's a possibility of losing. Or, in a few instances, just stay and feed or refuse to play while they complain about how unfair life is. You know who you are.
  • DieselCat, Bad_BennyAK and WmMoneyFrmMissouri like this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

Leghorn10314

Leghorn10314

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I like the idea, but it would mean quite some work to pull it off. The AI currently is only programmed for the Wave stuff and combat training. I am sure it would take quite some work to make them work on the different maps and the different modes.

Well have you played the co-op TDM lately? Those bots know what they're doing!

• DingdongJR likes this

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Well have you played the co-op TDM lately? Those bots know what they're doing!

That awkward moment when the bots do better than the players in some cases.

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I also think that volunteering to balance teams should be done away with because there's no skill-balancing taken into account when a player volunteers to switch sides. This often causes even further team imbalance. For public servers, the team balancing should be handled impartially by MM - and maybe it involves moving / swapping more than one player.

To avoid a wave of deaths every time MM decides to shuffle players, maybe it only moves a player when they die.

This solution may be far too involved and convoluted to implement, but it's a thought I've had.

Very good thoughts on random volunteering.  Perhaps this?:   Make a decent enough reward to voulunteer... MC?  points towards an award?  Have the autobalancer  prioritize which player would MOST keep both sides balanced, and offer the suggestion to switch first to them,  working the way down the list after an appropriate time,  say, 10 - 15 seconds?  

Probably too complicated,  but it might help keep teams  better balanced... that is,  if my AI Bot balancer suggestion doesn't work.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Make a decent enough reward to voulunteer... MC?

No.
Stop suggesting RLD give away the only thing that will stop the game going broke.
There is already the team balancer reward in HC.

If the fairness and the personal challenge are not enough, then I will laugh when you rant about being team-switched.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
IMO the only way someone should get MC other than opening their wallet, is if if they win a tournament (whether that be community sponsored or by RLD).
That's simply because its not easy to do and proves you are worthy of such a reward (although I'd rather see a bespoke chassis/paint or other exclusive bling handed out rather than MC)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users