• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Wondering if a test server or 2 could be placed in Perth Western Australia.  I was wondering if using Perth as a zone would allow Sydney players in NSW to play with Singapore players (using a Vocus route) with a more even ping.  I am in Perth however I get the same ping from where I am to Singapore and Sydney (so I have the best of both worlds).  

It might also be another idea (this was proposed by someone during a game the other night) to join Singapore and Sydney into a South-Asia region given that the ping to the Tokyo servers are quiet higher.  This was evident the other night when the Singapore servers came back and had a lot of players connect to them.

Thoughts?

• Zavier_ likes this

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

It might also be another idea (this was proposed by someone during a game the other night) to join Singapore and Sydney into a South-Asia region given that the ping to the Tokyo servers are quiet higher.

It might be a big downfall for Sydney and Singaporean players. Only Perth seem to benifit from it. They've tried it before it didn't work out.

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Draco averages around 70-90 right? That  doesn't seem too bad compared to the 150-200 I get from playing on the Asian servers

But for this to happen, we do need a few more players

talons1337

talons1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

There used to be independent OCE servers, but they were merged when Reloaded bought Hawken due to low player counts in both OCE and Asia as I remember.

Edited by talons1337, 11 June 2017 - 12:58 PM.

When in doubt, attack your own team. You will still get points for it!

5Fv3Gsb.jpg

NBv9U8X.gif

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Draco averages around 70-90 right? That  doesn't seem too bad compared to the 150-200 I get from playing on the Asian servers

But for this to happen, we do need a few more players

Average around 76ms.  Might not having the servers here in Perth possibly attract more players from Singapore and Sydney?  Singapore doesn't play Sydney as the ping is too high and vice-versa.  Maybe this is a happy medium that will satisfy everyone......?

At least for a trial.....

Edited by Draco3, 11 June 2017 - 08:19 PM.

talons1337

talons1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Are there even direct cables from Perth to SG?

When in doubt, attack your own team. You will still get points for it!

5Fv3Gsb.jpg

NBv9U8X.gif

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Sea-me-we3?
Dont know exactly where it comes ashore, but it is widely referred to as the perth-singapore cable. https://www.itnews.c...ed-again-398344
Its history of needing repairs may sway the decision to host on the southern side of it.
Apx-west/Indigo cable may be finished in next 12 months to help.

Edited by 6ixxer, 14 June 2017 - 12:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users