• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

i can't zoom in,  the shots don't seem to do as much damage.

what is the proper way to play the mech?

because i need halp

Edited by angryhampster, 10 June 2017 - 03:31 PM.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

with a pn-223: if you want the broken OPness just shoot the pn223 all day

with a dual magnum: very very carefully

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

peacecraftSLD

peacecraftSLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

with a pn-223: if you want the broken OPness just shoot the pn223 all day

with a dual magnum: very very carefully

Pretty much.

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I have a lot of fun dual magnum-ing. I mean, I only hit like ~20% of my shots, but with the enhanced servos and the afterburner, it's a very strong mech (especially against a-classes). I typically don't use the pn-233, because it's not as versatile.

Play it like you would play a sharpshooter or reaper no-scoped. Also, if you're going dual magnum, alternating your shots increases the probability of at least one of your shots hitting, so interchange between double firing and alternating depending on the situation. Ord excels at mid to long-range combat, but is also still very effective at close range. The magnums are very accurate, even when dual firing (unlike the Kerby's Hawkins' that have a maximum angle before they cross).

Also, I haven't looked at the numbers, but Ord seems to have the most fuel in the game (it can boost constantly from Frontline base to one of its EU stations), so utilize it in the air, to escape, and to outlast your opponent in duels. It has decent armor, so as long as you preserve your fuel and effectively keep moving, you can easily outlast every other mech in the game. This gives you a ton of time to land your hits. Personally, I like the bounce about on the Ord because its movement makes it feel very light compared to other b-class mechs.

For heat, manage your heat differently than other mechs. When you get the near-overheat warning, that's when your hits start dealing the most damage, so keep track of how close you are and utilize that moment to close in and defeat your opponent. I'm not completely sure on this one, but I believe the Ord's heat stays with it longer than other mechs, so be careful of overheating in tight situations. The G2 variant of the Ord seems to numerically have half the overheat duration, so it should fare better even if you overheat (I don't have the G2 yet, so I can't say for sure).

Other than that, like any other mech, the more accurate you are the stronger this mech becomes.

Edit: Actually, scratch enhanced servos. I found deflectors and fuel converter works better for me. Though, pick whichever internals suit you.

Edited by Hecatoncheires, 10 June 2017 - 10:58 PM.

• angryhampster likes this

What the Heca-

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Hey, thanks a bunch for the tips. I was considering trying the Ord as it looked like fun with dual mags, and your post just backed up my decision. 

This signature is under construct

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users