• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Trying to join a server has always normally been difficult during off hours. But with the new patch, it seems damn near impossible. 

First, there's typically something like 5-8 servers with only 1 person in each of them playing Co-op TDM. Wouldn't it make sense to put them all in 1 server together? And why can't I join a Co-op TDM server beyond my fitness range? Do we really care if the bots get wrecked too hard?

Second, the auto-queue no longer forces you into servers beyond your fitness range. So if I try to queue, it will always put me into an empty server, even if there are no other players online able to join.

I can't always play Hawken during times when the population online is high. My current lifestyle doesn't allow it all the time, and I would prefer to play at other times as well.

• Nov8tr, Pumapaw and popeco like this

2XhpJes.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

You're right on all counts.

A: If there is another open server in Co-Op Bot TDM, it shouldn't allow players to keep creating new servers - they should be playing together.  The only explanations to why a person does it intentionally are that they want to farm easy XP and HC and/or are afraid of real players - and neither is a valid excuse in my book.

B: Don't create a new server for just me if there are no others inside my stupid star-fitness range (which is also completely broken right now).

C: Who the hell wants to play with these dopey bots anyhow?  I play online multiplayer games to play online with multiple players.  Otherwise, just make it a single player game.

• WillyW likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

The bots get harder when a high MMR player joins, usually all the people left after I joined their game because the bots got to hard for them and they only want easy mode farm.

• Nov8tr likes this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

The bots get harder when a high MMR player joins, usually all the people left after I joined their game because the bots got to hard for them and they only want easy mode farm.

That's an easy fix. Use the median MMR, rather than the average MMR. That way, it will make the bots more profound in either high or low MMR, depending on the situation. So that having only one high MMR player in a mainly low MMR server wont make as much of a difference (until the higher MMR players outnumber the low MMR players). The problem is when one super high MMR player joins, then it will affect the average by a lot more than it will affect the median.

Edited by WillyW, 14 June 2017 - 11:58 AM.

2XhpJes.png

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Agreed, I wish they would fix this. I've only been able to find one or two proper TDM matches since the patch, and they were lousy with only 2-4 players. I have no idea what's going on, I could always find a proper match before the update.

• WillyW likes this

This signature is under construct

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

that is all I play now when I'm playing its just the fact that I cant play a full tdm match without the game freezing adless with bots tdm its manageable also dosnt help that the devs added G2 mechs so  people that only have G1 is playing with another handicap along with the potato game. even the forums are pretty dead even with all platforms included.

popeco

popeco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Yup, same problem here.  Before patch, would eventually be able to find a few good AM matches on the east coast before starting work.  Recently been trying to give the new patch a go and literally can't even find a TDM to play.  Every one is locked outside my range, and I just end up in a server by myself or joining a co-op tdm, which isn't really my cup of tea.  

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

That's an easy fix. Use the median MMR, rather than the average MMR. That way, it will make the bots more profound in either high or low MMR

Along that line, the mode is probably even more appropriate.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

So, is it our MMR that's keeping us locked out? Do we have to play a bunch of BotsTDM until our MMR goes up, then we get to play proper TDM a bit until the season resets?

Oh no.

This signature is under construct

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

So, is it our MMR that's keeping us locked out? Do we have to play a bunch of BotsTDM until our MMR goes up, then we get to play proper TDM a bit until the season resets?

The opposite.  You need to lose a whole bunch of BotsTDM matches until your MMR bottoms out, then you'll be able to find proper matches.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Case and point...

OClSLIl.png

2XhpJes.png

WillyW

WillyW