DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Everyone looks to the past as the golden times,

A place to return to in their dreams.

When one thinks of machinery, especially old machinery, what comes to mind? 

Hot steam pumping from exhausts? Gritty and tarnished metal degraded after years of use? 

Alright, now how about Mechanical robots in a locked down world with limited resources and a seemingly endless war?

I know lore is a bit buried here, but at this point, it's pretty much a war of attrition. Years have gone by and resources have become few and far between. Scavenging would become a top priority, especially for functional and rare parts. Whatever Mechs are still functional are going to be old and worn, patched up with replacement parts from different mechs, heck even from the different companies. 

I feel the aesthetic needs to go back to its roots, now more than ever. 

Going off on a tangent here, but In terms of the scavenging not only is that a thing that is basically a requirement lore wise but would also be an amazing mechanic in this game. The ideas to run off would be endless. I do not know how such a system would be introduced, but it would help a bunch of issues including the fact I have a bunch of useless mechs sat in my garage that I will never use since they are dupes I have received from the daily reward system. If I can transfer that into XP or MC, perhaps with the chance to receive a mech part to use on my other mechs would be awesome.

On another Tangent, more of the original music NEEDS to be used. As in come on, some of this stuff is amazingly immersive. 

Edited by DingdongJR, 15 June 2017 - 08:31 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer, DieselCat and Gueber like this

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

i look at the past as a crappy time...

blood, sweat, tears, clashing, that's the real !@#$!  @!$!@#$!!$..... 

(any past that doesn't have me making over $79,000 was a crappy time)

Edited by angryhampster, 15 June 2017 - 08:44 AM.

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I have a bunch of useless mechs sat in my garage that I will never use since they are dupes I have received from the daily reward system.

What daily reward system that gives you mechs? I have bought all the ones I own and until the most recent update I have never seen a mech given away for free.

I think they should re-launch the old hawken as a separate game, maybe make all the mechs look rusty and call it 'Rusty Olde Hawken' and sell it for $20 on steam. I would buy it.

• claisolais, DieselCat, Brother3J and 1 other like this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Rust and grit left us with Ascension.

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Rust and grit left us with Ascension.

The way things are now, I'd gladly take Ascension back..... :pinch:

• claisolais likes this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

The Return of Rust, Grit, Grime, and FPS Tanking.

Sorry, I kid. :P

Just saying, it would only be rewarding for those players with nice enough rigs to run Hawken at better than, like, 20 FPS at best.

This signature is under construct

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users