• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Well, fuzz.  I just sat for an hour trying to find a match to join in the server browser and not one single match would allow me to join.  There were plenty of matches which were "3 Star" and weren't full, but they were grayed out/unavailable to join.

I don't expect that anyone has any idea what the bunny is going on... just want to make a focused topic on this specific issue to highlight it for any devs that might be looking in on us here.

• WillyW and popeco like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Story of my life

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

It's a mess since the update....Still no word on why I'm not able to login to my Legacy account. Seems all that time played and money invested is down the drain now.....really pissed ! 

http://steamcommunit...61197973153024/

Even with the numbers in the player population that seem to be getting smaller since this update, it's almost near impossible to get in matches, whether they are PvP or Co-Op.

Most of the servers may have one or two players in a Co-Op match or plenty of openings in a 6v6 match and yet I'll get a msg of ...this server is out of your skill level....or.... this server is not accepting any new players...there are usually just a handful of these, where the rest are totally empty.....really sad  :sad:

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

A second time today that I've logged in to find 0 Siege, MA, DM or TDM matches available - just 3 Co-Op matches with 1 person sitting in them waiting.

They should start doing double-XP/HC for Siege and MA to get players into those.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 25 June 2017 - 05:44 PM.

DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

A second time today that I've logged in to find 0 Siege, MA, DM or TDM matches available - just 3 Co-Op matches with 1 person sitting in them waiting.

They should start doing double-XP/HC for Siege and MA to get players into those.

That would be a great incentive to entice people into those game modes.  They're really fun game modes if people would give them a chance.

lafinjokinnumnut

lafinjokinnumnut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

nobody wants to play this in the state its in...

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

I play every day;

I have no idea what you are talking about.

There are Always empty co-op games to start, and their bot AI  is getting pret-ty tricky! I'm having fun with Hawken for the first time in a long time, and encourage all to play a solo co-op/bot TDM - they are the BEST! Who cares who's online; grab a bunch of bots and request assistance! Watch for the jaw-dropping tactic of opposing bots performing three successive, Backward/Upward blind leaps while not missing you with a single round! Or the hunter/killer mode where they simply track you down. My only real suggestion would be to repair some of the Facility walls, as shots still go through them - oh, and fix the Wreckage bots from sticking inside the collectors, and never joining the battle. I've has great matches in co-0p bot TDM; close, exciting duels, blowouts, and fun!

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

After one or two matches with just yourself against all bots, gets boring....it's at least it's a bit more fun when the server is occupied with at  least 2 or more other players.

Also, the in game chat since being disabled during and after matches is an added downer. There was a time before this update where many people I recognized played together at certain times as a friendly group...and the in game chat was really great. But that's now been taken away and not everyone is able to use a headphone and mic.

But there is still the issue of the few servers that are occupied and may only have a few players in them telling me that this server is outside my skill level. Anyone in any skill level should be able to join in a co-op bot match at anytime since there are so few active PvP matches going on....that is a real issue.

• popeco likes this

*+

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I found a solution the game queue: Stop being awesome. The less awesome you are the better your chances of finding a game. 

Basically, it seems that when you reach a certain level of awesomeness, the game cant handle you anymore.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Unfortunately with a small pool of people to pick from, the system does not seem to work well. To be clear, we don't want brand-new players being in the same match as high-skill players - in almost all cases, high skill players end up causing lower skill players to stop playing the game entire just because they're dominating the low-skill players too much. This is part of what is causing the population drop to begin with. However, not being able to play the game at all is unacceptable as well.

We're looking into potential solutions and when we have something to share regarding the issue, we will share it.

Edited by CZeroFive, 26 June 2017 - 11:29 AM.

• LRod likes this

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I found a solution the game queue: Stop being awesome. The less awesome you are the better your chances of finding a game. 

Basically, it seems that when you reach a certain level of awesomeness, the game cant handle you anymore.

I'm definitely not awesome and can't get into over 90% of matches (co-op or Pvp) where there is still plenty of room for more players to join....so being a high level player not being able to access a match isn't exclusive.  

First and foremost....I think players of all mmr skill levels should be able to join any CO-OP Bot matches, Doesn't make any sense to have restrictions here. Everyone should be able to play here.  ****Also please add a few more maps to the current CO-OP map rotation !

Next, why not if possible, create servers to accommodate only higher skill players only...say 10-12...so those players in maybe the 2100+ range (or whatever the mmr tiers are now a days) can access servers at anytime without being restricted. 

On the other end, make all other servers open to any other player with up to say a 2000 mmr. Now you may say this also causes a disadvantage but with the current pop numbers this might be a viable short term solution to make matches a bit more competitive and more easily accessed until this game can increase it's new player numbers...and to keep them from leaving (Hopefully)

As a side note...SIGH !.... I still can't login to my 2 Legacy account(s) where I have tons of hours and tons of stuff...no replies back from my support tickets issued.  :sad:

Edited by DieselCat, 26 June 2017 - 12:42 PM.

*+

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Watch for the jaw-dropping tactic of opposing bots performing three successive, Backward/Upward blind leaps while not missing you with a single round !

This is real. Skynet is adapting and thus must be stopped...

wmmoney.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Unfortunately with a small pool of people to pick from, the system does not seem to work well. To be clear, we don't want brand-new players being in the same match as high-skill players - in almost all cases, high skill players end up causing lower skill players to stop playing the game entire just because they're dominating the low-skill players too much. This is part of what is causing the population drop to begin with. However, not being able to play the game at all is unacceptable as well.

We're looking into potential solutions and when we have something to share regarding the issue, we will share it.

Thanks.

What you should know about me:  I am not a "high-skill" player.  Sure, I've been around a long time... but I'm just not good at aiming and predicting.  In the previous MMR system, I was generally rolling between 1900-2000 (+/- 50)  Now, I'm rolling at about 1650.  But, the majority of even that score I would attribute to a strong technical understanding of how to win the objective based modes, not because of my ability to get kills or keep from dying.

What is happening that is causing me to see nothing other than "3-Star" or "0-Star" matches?

Why would an average player (cuz that's all I am) not be able to find matches?  Back when there were more players and the star system seemed relevant, most matches were 2-star for me.

I don't expect you folks to have a solution to the low player count, I'm just thinking that the matchmaking has something buggy in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users