• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Asus Q550L Quick Specs

Intel® Core™ i7-4500U

NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M  

8GB System RAM

Hi, 

I first started playing Hawken a little over a year ago. I loved the game, but due to life issues I had to put the game down after about six months. I have been dying to play since and now I finally have the time.

When I was playing previously, I was on a slightly lower than midrange system at the time. I put about 400-500 dollars into it and it ran Hawken on high settings @ 60fps never skipping a beat. I would list the exact specs here, but I got rid of the desktop in favor of a laptop this past October.

I haven't had any trouble playing any other games on this machine as far as frame rate is concerned. The ability to run HAWKEN at 60FPS was an important factor when purchasing a new machine. I was not able to test HAWKEN before purchasing, but I was able to run 3dmark and a couple newer games. Based on what I saw I didn't think there would be a problem.

Sorry for the long explanation. I really love HAWKEN would love to be able to play it comfortably at ~60fps. 

So at least with the information I have provided would it seem reasonable to be able to run HAWKEN @ 60fps - even on minimum settings?

Please let me know if there is any other information I can collect to help fix this.

Thank you

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

So at least with the information I have provided would it seem reasonable to be able to run HAWKEN @ 60fps - even on minimum settings?

Well, your CPU is decent but your graphics card is just barely over to the minimum hardware requirements. I think 60 fps might be impossible unless you play on a really low resolution or tweak you config files to turn the graphics settings even further. Here are some links for you if you want to try the latter option:

http://steamcommunit...57398978698909/
https://docs.google....94YnhHN0E#gid=0
http://hawken.mirror...for-low-frames/

Edited by ReEvolve, 03 April 2015 - 04:00 PM.

Silent_

Silent_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

hmm, my laptop has similar specs and fps stays at 60 pretty much at all times. 1920x1080 even, but i do use custom graphic settings for "ultra low". Also, for those that are willing to forsake everything for fps, it is possible to turn everything almost off, ie. no textures or particle effects. However that does bring some problems such as invisible tows.

SPECS;

Intel i5-4200M

Geforce GT 750M

6GB RAM

Edited by Silent_, 03 April 2015 - 04:08 PM.

sknrn

sknrn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Also, for those that are willing to forsake everything for fps, it is possible to turn everything almost off, ie. no textures or particle effects. 

I am sorry, I don't think I made it clear in my original post that I was playing on the lowest possible settings from the in-game graphics menu.

Silent_

Silent_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Menu is quite limited in what you can do it with. Tinkering with ini files allows much lower quality settings or little fps boost without changing graphic quality that much. It is just matter of how far you are ready to go. Tho id say that achieving playable fps comes before graphical quality.

sknrn

sknrn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Menu is quite limited in what you can do it with. Tinkering with ini files allows much lower quality settings or little fps boost without changing graphic quality that much. It is just matter of how far you are ready to go. Tho id say that achieving playable fps comes before graphical quality.

I am sorry, I should have been more clear in my post. I am not trying to preserve any graphical quality above what is necessary to achieve 60fps and maintain the integrity of the gameplay. So as long as I can achieve 60fps without crippling or sacrificing core gameplay mechanics I will be satisfied.  

I admit I should have done more research on the graphics card. I knew I wanted to be able to run HAWKEN (which the machine very well can), but I require it to run at 60fps. It would have been worth it in hindsight to have investigated further for HAWKEN specifically. 

Thanks to everyone who responded, I will update if I manage to get the game running @ 60fps.

Silent_

Silent_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Maybe I werent clear enough that you definitely can run that 60 fps by editing .ini files to gain more fps by lowering quality beyond what in-game menu can do.

If needed I can provide my own settings. My settings are sort of middleground, preserving some quality while gaining considerable amount of fps. However, like I said, its possible to go much further by removing textures and particle effects and such. Im not sure if I still have .ini for that, but one I use should be enough since our specs are so similar and I dont have problems running the game outside of 6 v 6 teamfights when fps might drop to 50-ish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users