• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

CosmicCasey59

CosmicCasey59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
I know this part probably isn't at the top of the list with all the other things going on right now but i would like to see some improvement here. I'm getting so many mechs, some i have 3 of, that makes it hard to locate the mech that i want for a particular match even harder to change out during a match maybe have a top 5 with ability to move mech to the top maybe a class system with them in their own area A,B,C that would make selection easier also
  • Elite_is_salty, Bad_BennyAK and SaintR like this

spRaven

spRaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I agree, when  you have a lot of mechs you spent much time to find need mech, and why we now can't change weapons in  fight? i mean when died..

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I don't mind not changing weapons on a mech mid-match as I have duplicate mechs with different loadouts.
I did notice however that the changed name doesn't show above the mech in garage management, but it does show when you are at the launch screen during a game. Its minor, but I'd like to see in the garage what I named a mech without having to open it up.
  • Bad_BennyAK likes this

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I agree.   I can sorta get keeping the same weapon mid-match,  but we should DEFINITELY be able to change weapons between levels.  To not allow that  smacks of "buy more mechs, get content for content's sake".  I usually had about 3-4 mechs of each type,  designed for specific uses and specific loadouts.  Much more than that is confusing,  ESPECIALLY with all the new mech content,  which I LOVE, by the way.   

We need to be able to sell or get rid of excess mechs,  rename ours,  and place  them in order, or groups that WE choose.   I.E. on Siege mechs,  I like the Extractor internal,  to help get EU quicker.  I usually have 1 mech of each type JUST for Siege,  with an Extractor.  Let me make a "Siege" group.  in TDM, I would choose another internal,  as that is kindof wasted. 

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

H1F1BRBN

H1F1BRBN

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I might be overlooking it, but I don't see a way to buy more mechs of the same model any longer.  If this is still an option, please explain how to do it.  Running on pc.  Thanks.

Edited by H1F1BRBN, 11 July 2017 - 06:14 AM.

CosmicCasey59

CosmicCasey59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I might be overlooking it, but I don't see a way to buy more mechs of the same model any longer. If this is still an option, please explain how to do it. Running on pc. Thanks.

. I don't think you can although I bought the G1 bundle and received copy's of all mechs plus the log in giveaways

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I might be overlooking it, but I don't see a way to buy more mechs of the same model any longer.  If this is still an option, please explain how to do it.  Running on pc.  Thanks.

. I don't think you can although I bought the G1 bundle and received copy's of all mechs plus the log in giveaways

Yeah, it's really jankey right now.  No way to actually buy a duplicate mech, but I can earn duplicate mechs through Daily Rewards and whatnot... mkay.  And, the navigation of the garage is uber-clunky - especially during a match when I want to pick a new mech between spawns.  And two columns I have to scroll through because they only display 6.5 mechs at a time... organized sorta alphabetically... what is that?  The worst is the stupid popups that come up over the top of the mechs as you scroll past and block the ability to select one.  ArGH!  At least, put a hover timer on those popups so they don't appear until the cursor focuses on them for 2.5 seconds.

• SaintR, popeco and CosmicCasey59 like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

SaintR

SaintR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I know this part probably isn't at the top of the list with all the other things going on right now but i would like to see some improvement here. I'm getting so many mechs, some i have 3 of, that makes it hard to locate the mech that i want for a particular match even harder to change out during a match maybe have a top 5 with ability to move mech to the top maybe a class system with them in their own area A,B,C that would make selection easier also

Yeah, drag n drop ordering like the old UI would be good (favorites maybe?), and also agree the popups in the mech screen need a timer - they are very painful.

• CosmicCasey59 likes this

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

It would also be nice is we could set the default mech when you go to the garage on first login; mine is stuck on the G2-Scout; I can't stop it from being the default mech.

I bought another G2 mech.

I renamed the G2 Scout.

I bought another G1 mech (also found out "G1" refers to the old mechs with no "G" designation, except the older added G2's...confusing, eh?)

I renamed a mech to go alphabetically after the scout.

Nope, G2-Scout is the start-up mech. Be nice to choose it myself (or didn't it default to the last mech you played?)

Also put me down for mech weapon access during combat, like it always was.

Also agree with the renaming quirks; once renamed should be that name everywhere, and sort on it. Hey, wouldn't choosing how the mechs are sorted be cool!

I did like the switch to grid mode rather than net.

Biggest loss, imho, is the presence/absence/presence of chat. No One Chats Anymore! Even a simple "GL HF" goes unanswered. And why is Everyone level 30? What does that tell ya?

Watch your six - the damn bots won't! :thumbsup:

CosmicCasey59

CosmicCasey59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

It would also be nice is we could set the default mech when you go to the garage on first login; mine is stuck on the G2-Scout; I can't stop it from being the default mech.
I bought another G2 mech.
I renamed the G2 Scout.
I bought another G1 mech (also found out "G1" refers to the old mechs with no "G" designation, except the older added G2's...confusing, eh?)
I renamed a mech to go alphabetically after the scout.

Nope, G2-Scout is the start-up mech. Be nice to choose it myself (or didn't it default to the last mech you played?)

Also put me down for mech weapon access during combat, like it always was.
Also agree with the renaming quirks; once renamed should be that name everywhere, and sort on it. Hey, wouldn't choosing how the mechs are sorted be cool!
I did like the switch to grid mode rather than net.

Biggest loss, imho, is the presence/absence/presence of chat. No One Chats Anymore! Even a simple "GL HF" goes unanswered. And why is Everyone level 30? What does that tell ya?
Watch your six - the damn bots won't! :thumbsup:

I believe that you can change that if you play another mech a lot mine was stuck on G-2 rockettier now its on the Charge, not sure how many matches you gotta play though.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Hmm.  Mine has always been defaulting to the most recent mech purchased or earned through the Daily Rewards... until last night.  Last night I earned the "Bruiser" (oh boy), but the G2 Brawler I earned at the end of last month is still my default.

FirstRaven

FirstRaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have multiple load-outs of many G1's, though I can't do this with G2's yet.

Ought to be able to.

Still asking at least for a "show owned / unowned" button in the garage, however:

I renamed all of the mecha I use with a number in front of the name.

You have to log in and out / play a match or two, though then they are ordered.

Good work around until they get around to cleaning up the garage.

ICERAY2000 - rename by number first works.

Edited by FirstRaven, 04 October 2017 - 08:45 AM.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I have multiple load-outs of many G1's, though I can't do this with G2's yet.

Ought to be able to.

Still asking at least for a "show owned / unowned" button in the garage, however:

I renamed all of the mecha I use with a number in front of the name.

You have to log in and out / play a match or two, though then they are ordered.

Good work around until they get around to cleaning up the garage.

ICERAY2000 - rename by number first works.

You really should read some of the other topics, friend.  Hawken is done.  Dead.  Gone.  It is already scheduled to go offline in January.  Check the General area of the forum for more detail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users