• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

I can't figure out what those epaulets stand for; I see silver and blue and yellow, but what they are or what they stand for is a mystery. Little lines and dots inside them as well; some ranking thing?

Any light shed on this old dim bulb will be 'ppreciated. :woot:

Lion_ThunderPants

Lion_ThunderPants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
The colored band next to your name? Tier rankings from bronze to diamond (Blue)

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

The MMR distance between ranks doesn't always increase, so not sure what algorithm/rule was used for the designations.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

a link to where ever this is laid out would be nice.

• CosmicCasey59 likes this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Thing is, there probably isn't or won't be any full explanation.  I suspect that it's intentionall to abate the MMR e-peen stroking.  So now, the ribbons obfuscate the rankings, as no one truly knows wtf they represent.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Ranks are based off Seasonal MMR:

This should be accurate unless they changed any numbers.
Bronze I    [0,499]
Bronze II   [500,999]
Bronze III  [1000, 1249]
Silver I     [1250,1299]
Silver II    [1300,1349]
Silver III   [1350,1399]
Gold I     [1400,1449]
Gold II    [1450,1499]
Gold III   [1500,1549]
Platinum   [1550,1649]
Diamond  [1650+]

Note that hawken.herokuapp.com/ only shows the old Standard MMR which is a different number then Seasonal MMR.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Looks like the broad bronze category is intended to keep new players isolated from longtime players for quite some time.

In the older 'star rating' system, three stars was 85 quality or higher.  Now it looks like it's category based, but there's still a quality rating. I still can't join matches less than 85 quality, so I hypothesize that the quality system was changed to be rank-based (i.e. you can't join a match whose average is more than five ranks below yours, but you can always join a 1650 or higher/diamond match).

Anyone know how this is designed for a fact?

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Yeah bronze level servers are locked for new players only after that its open hunting season.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

so what's up with the score resets, btw?  i played two matches and went from ~1500mmr to 1309, and had "seasonal" score of 1300.  is this correct, or is my acct still swinging hundreds of mmr up and down with the RLD "update" bug from last year (at least i didn't get knocked back down to -3000mmr, but jeeeez)?  those pretty little epaulets don't seem to be coordinated with mmr--does it reset to 1250, 1300, or what???  if you're continuously getting kicked back down, why bother?  confusing, disappointing, discouraging.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

There haven't been any MMR resets, it's still season 1. If your MMR is fluctuating that much were you playing on a new account with a low match sample size? What were your scores? I can only assume you are mistaken without some kind of documentation/proof this is happening.

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users