• PipPip
  • 27 posts

http://steamcharts.c...com/app/271290 

lafinjokinnumnut

lafinjokinnumnut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

well its a link to steam users on hawken..link wont work in here after i paste it..100 players last month..steady decline...fix this fuzzy bunny please

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

They are fixing it.

Its called patching the game so that people don't crack the fuzz and leave.

Why do people seem to think it can be done in a week or a month?

Its a small team. Devs cost money and Hawken won't be pulling in funds currently so be happy they are doing it at all.

Yummi_Kitteh

Yummi_Kitteh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

How about instead of complaining about it, recommended it to friends to try. Doesn't hurt to drop adverts for the game on your own in various forums' off topic as long as they allow it. The devs/publishers can only do so much, we as the community need to help out to. The crazy thing called word of mouth is strong in the gaming world.

• Charcoal and 6ixxer like this

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

In terms of advertisement, honestly it would do this game no benefit if they went out and mass advertised it, not in the current state it's in. As in, we have people who can't even launch the game, let alone all the bugs and other gripes people have with it. CZ and the others are grinding through the massive mountain of bugs and issues, but they can only do so much so quickly. On top of that Hawken is not gaining a profit, and has not done for a very long time. 

It's my guess that Hawken might go back onto life support while it's being fixed up. Only when the majority of issues are fixed and the game is in an acceptable position can they release Hawken out of early access and do a massive push of marketing.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Currently word of mouth will make better leads than mass advertising.

Someone sees the marketing hype, then they are expecting AAA.

If you show someone your gameplay in youtube, and remind them its still in development, and not as P2W as people make out, they would be more forgiving.

Yummi_Kitteh

Yummi_Kitteh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

In terms of advertisement, honestly it would do this game no benefit if they went out and mass advertised it, not in the current state it's in. As in, we have people who can't even launch the game, let alone all the bugs and other gripes people have with it. CZ and the others are grinding through the massive mountain of bugs and issues, but they can only do so much so quickly. On top of that Hawken is not gaining a profit, and has not done for a very long time. 

It's my guess that Hawken might go back onto life support while it's being fixed up. Only when the majority of issues are fixed and the game is in an acceptable position can they release Hawken out of early access and do a massive push of marketing.

What you're listing off is things that are NATIVE to in development titles, they just shifted from 32 bit to 64 bit. I bet if you stopped and asked the ones who complain of not being able to launch if they have the proper VC+ redistros they probably don't which is a majority of the reason for not being able to launch it. I've had my fair share of figuring out why X won't launch, I've also known to double check for redistros, believe it or not as much as Microsoft would like the consumers to believe. Their precious installers don't always install right, I've yet to have any .msi file from MS's servers install right, you should always, and I mean always run it twice and repair on the second run, 99.9% of the time that fixes failure to launch scenarios, this goes for .NET frameworks too, the Unreal 3.5 update can work on the original UE3 SDK's .NET 3.0 libraries but is buggy, there for needing at least 3.5 or 3.5.1 to get rid of bugs for code calls that simple don't lead anywhere in 3.0.

Does 505 Games/Reloaded/Hawken Entertainment Inc have a long road ahead of them? Yes. Is it a road that will end in success, most likely. I've played both APB Reloaded and Fallen Earth, so I've had experience with what the team is capable of and both are pretty solid games, not the greatest in fun factor but that's due to K2/GamersFirst not Reloaded and the downside of Freemium. 505 Games, who from what I can tell holds complete publishing rights, if not outright own the Hawken IP have one hell of a reputation behind them. I've played the likes of ADR1FT, Abzu, Payday 2, Laser League, Redout, Defense Grid 2, Portal Knights, and Assetto Corsa all are great games, if anything Hawken has the brightest future it's ever had now more than ever, it just takes us the players to speak for the game, let people know that this is nothing but a rough patch and on the road to rebirth.

• DingdongJR likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users