• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Kirchiri

Kirchiri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

So the new MMR ranking, competitive ranking, on console is broken.

First off it goes down way faster than it goes up. It seems to be based on nothing more than K/D ratio so one bad match and you drop far, then if you have 10 or more matches with 10 kills and 0 deaths you move up like 10 points.

Second I've noticed with new players, after they get baselined with their first real PvP match they are basically stuck and slowly move up. My brother had a bad first ever match and got ranked at 500 rating. Since then every match is 10 kills or more with 3 or fewer deaths. And after a week of this he is now at 830 ranking. And this is matches with pilot level 30 mechs while he's only 12. His MMR should be through the roof at this point.

If it was just a number it wouldn't matter, but this seems to affect matchmaking. He can still drop in with day 1 noobs.

In any case its clearly broken, it needs to be fixed or removed. Or at least not used for matchmaking purposes. We all remember seeing the level 1 player with 5000 plus on the board.

As an aside, server availability is also completely jacked up. On my account I can never join any server except BotsTDM unless the best players are on. This is crazy, how can you maintain a player base when the "top" players can never get into a server?

I think if a high MMR player can't manually join a server, then throwing them in auto matchmaking queue should eventually time out and dump them into the highest available server. This game used to work like that year's ago on pc.

Thanks for listening, and would love to hear a response from the devs on how they plan on solving these problems.

nabla_

nabla_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
There are old players with an old mmr around 2300 and now their seasonal mmr is around 1800. Like memag, master blaster, etc. My own mmr is totally broken, with an old mmr around 2050-2080. My seasonal mmr is around 1830 and decreasing...

These issues are affecting matchmaking I think.

Sorry my bad english

Edited by nabla_, 19 August 2017 - 10:07 AM.

• FunkMaster67 likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Number of kills does not directly mean high score.

High damage per minute dealt to enemies who proceed to die (even if killed by someone else) and you will get a high score.

You need to be in the top half of the players in the match to increase, and there was supposed* to be a change to make good players increase quicker to get them into the right range sooner. Perhaps the 10 kills aren't high percent of damage, so his score is still mid-range?

Can't theorize more unless you actually get examples of the endgame scoreboards.

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

I go days without being able to find any game between  co-op tdm and tdm outside of my skill level ive tried too lower my MMR but no luck. MMR  is a bad ranking system anyway with the reset of the MMR's I see no reason to get high rankings :ninja:  the game needs a lot and haven't heard anything for updates in a good while.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

MMR  is a bad ranking system

Its an ok system, but it needs a population to work with.
In this time of low population, I think the servers need to ignore it and consolidate the players to fill some servers.

haven't heard anything for updates in a good while.

We have heard that the devs are working on it, but they don't want to announce things in case they change.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

First off it goes down way faster than it goes up. It seems to be based on nothing more than K/D ratio so one bad match and you drop far, then if you have 10 or more matches with 10 kills and 0 deaths you move up like 10 points.

Number of kills does not directly mean high score.

High damage per minute dealt to enemies who proceed to die (even if killed by someone else) and you will get a high score.

You need to be in the top half of the players in the match to increase, and there was supposed* to be a change to make good players increase quicker to get them into the right range sooner. Perhaps the 10 kills aren't high percent of damage, so his score is still mid-range?

Can't theorize more unless you actually get examples of the endgame scoreboards.

This.  +/-35 pts modified by the lognormal distance your MMR is from the server MMR, modified by your ranking in score/min earned if you were in the server over 2 min (it uses everyone who WAS in the server for the match).  Play more than 2 min, do better than half the server in score/min and your MMR can increase more than the guy who topped the server if he were in for the full match ('can' because it scales/depends on your starting MMR vs the server average at finish).

The lognormal distro for player MMR is seemingly centered at something much lower, so anyone over 1600 Seasonal is very likely to be stiffly penalized for mid-lower finishing order.

FWIW, I created D'Arwin when the new Steam-linked acct registration happened (it's tied to one of my two Steam accts.  Lunatic_Fringe is tied to the other).

D'Arwin has ~2100 MMR in both old and Seasonal.  Luna is ~2360 old MMR, and ~2200 Seasonal.    You CAN increase MMR easily in this system, it seems to start at a much lower point than you expect.

TL;DR?  Just top every server and your MMR will climb.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Lol pc players

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Lol Howken players

FTFY

Lol console players who forget the PC code was unified with consoles...

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Lol pc players

Triumphantly lowering the bar on quality posts since 86 posts ago.

• 6ixxer and DingdongJR like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users