• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

POPULAR

This last week wrapped up the process of getting all core systems up to basic functionality levels or better. There are still various outstanding bugs, but we're in a good spot. It's actually a pretty significant milestone :)

For the next 7 days we will be focused on digging in to the source code and seeing what's there.  We will set up our first dev sprint, and we'll lay out a live streaming schedule.  We will be more actively using the new support site too, so you will have a place you can officially submit your complaints, accusations, and sob stories ;)  I plan on personally working with CS tickets too (it's important).

What I had aimed for last week this time:

1. Fix dependencies on some forum modules (that's why the home page still looks off)
2. Customer support site - we have the account set up; SSO needs to be rebuilt (more involved than with forums)
3. Licensing and licensing systems for a number of dev tools and systems, e.g. Maya, 3dsMax, source control, build servers, etc. (a few renewals to process still)
4. Get that new user mech and loadout implemented
5. Start digging in to the gameserver and client source code <--- that's the exciting stuff :)
6. Manage the distraction potential of meetings, legal, and other "fun" bookkeeping tasks (I try to remain positive) (honestly, this will be ongoing)

Goals for next week:

1. Source code exploration
  - Get tech lead up to speed with current state of Hawken
  - See if things "build", even at a rudimentary level
  - Start setting up various build servers
  - Start process of formalizing dev sprints and releases
2. Confirm how functional various back-end tools configuration settings actually are
  - e.g. "Does that setting right there that's not in the documentation actually do what it seems to indicate it might do?"
  - If I break something I'll fix it - I promise and pinky swear (I can see Tiggs glaring at me now)
3. Add some more alerts for when things like logins go wonky
4. Work on recovering various Hawken-related "stuff", e.g. lore, 3d printing, swag, etc.
5. Read "Hawken: Genesis"
6. Find out if I can get Bundles up in the Steam store
7. Set streaming schedules (both Tiggs and capnjosh)
8. Go to meetings in LA and not miss a beat with other work
  - Find out who here has experienced LA traffic somewhere around Santa Monica
9. Play Hawken more than last week

btw, Tiggs got a new gaming rig.  Ask her about it.  I dare you.

-capnjosh
  • dorobo, komstatic, Nachoeslach and 53 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users