• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Darktim300

Darktim300

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Mostly i'm confused about the compedetive rating system that is currently in place. I'm assuimg it is the replement for mmr for matchmaking and such but all I've ever seen it do is go down.

Does it update regularly?

Does it acutally have a way to go up?

Does it actually matter for anything?

Also the little badges next to the players name were never really explained other than what we sorta found out, players with bronze are new, and up near diamond or platnum unbalance everyting they touch when left alone.

How do these work / are earned? Seeing as how we are in "Season 2 badges" now.

13179417_10154132160979929_2106212794278

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
You get a new rating from your first competitive match after the season starts. I think they are supposed* to be a 3 month season.

The bronze to diamond have set season-mmr ranges that i'd have to hunt a bit to find.

In order to go up you need to be in thw top half of point scorers in the matxh and how much it changes depends on how you compare to the pilot average mmr at the end.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Due to the low server averages past about 2k MMR is diminishing returns and you wont likely see a single point increase per game even if you are a 1 man army. Also if you are to much higher then the average you will likely only see huge loses if it goes down from one bad game. Badges are just seasonal MMR. Season 2 hasn't actually started yet, maybe in the next update.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darktim300

Darktim300

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

And yet i have badges form season 2 already ...

13179417_10154132160979929_2106212794278

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

i started out at grey.  only others i've seen are yellow and blue.  it would be nice if the devs gave us a graphic/demo of exactly what each color looks like and indicates, and how to attain/lose to a higher/lower color.

to me it all just seems pretty, signifying nothing in particular--except all the milges are blue. :rolleyes:

• DieselCat likes this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

i started out at grey.  only others i've seen are yellow and blue.  it would be nice if the devs gave us a graphic/demo of exactly what each color looks like and indicates, and how to attain/lose to a higher/lower color.

to me it all just seems pretty, signifying nothing in particular--except all the milges are blue. :rolleyes:

YES! I have zero ideas on what those epalettes or whatever are, what are they for, etc. I cannot make rhyme nor reason out of them! Charts, graphs, instructional films!

• DieselCat likes this

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

k

l5acAz6.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

What's funny to me is that the actual difference between the skill of players in the Platinum and Diamond ranks is so vast.  That rating system makes it seem like they are almost neck-in-neck, but being a Platinum player myself, I can see just how much of a lousy fuzzy bunny I am compared to any Diamond rank player.

Me thinks they need to jigger that a bit.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

I assume it's cause they didn't want to make the highest rank impossible for the average player to achieve. A low ranking diamond that only just barely makes it into that range would be closer to platinum players, and could easily be challenged by them. The ones that are hundreds of MMR over the bar are incomparably stronger and even average diamond players aren't at a level that can put up a fight. If the whole of platinum rank is only a range of 100 MMR, someone that is around 500+ MMR over 1650 is effectively several ranks higher then the lowest diamond players. Think of them as invisible ranks with no medals, there will be no indicator you are about to fight such a monster. The skill gap of the high tier cabal above diamond is enough to make at least 3 more ranks out of but only a low percentage of the player base would ever achieve them.

Diamond       1650-1800

Diamond+     1800-1900 (Plus)

Diamond++   1900-2000 (Plus Ultra)

High Tier Cabal 2000+ Go beyond.

1491256389_0edac6afd664ebf613bf1eee982f5fPmPzgh.gif

Edited by Gueber, 06 September 2017 - 11:08 AM.

• William_Adama likes this

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
So is it going to reset?? On console Diamond players can't get any games and even after starting a new account and hiting silver 1 its getting hard to get games

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Guess not still no reset still no fix... it's been months wtf are they doing they've lost 80% of their player base on ps4 and the rest of us are jus tempted to uninstall

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
They might as well jus remove it from console

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Season 2 will be in the next update, unless they forget again.

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users