19 replies to this topic

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Gone.

i keep my mic active in all games, and it is evident that the common practice of thanking everyone for a good game and telling them good night, i'm checking out...

is gone.

noobs are rude and jump-around server attitude, and more than 5 times vets haven't even spoken ingame, and have bailed the game just like the noobs.  no one GAS about each other here. the fact that the clans are empty, the rudeness, and even dropping out of games that are a loss (without the honor of at least trying to rip up the enemy a little bit) has turned this game into just an early evening pit-stop for shooting warm-up.

someone tell me i'm wrong.

i do love howken, but it's turning into a wasteland:  emotionally, brother/sister-hood, and just all around closeness we used to have.

it happened to me all night tonight.  even folks i hadn't seen up for months/years.

get "nice" again, people!

end rant

• DieselCat, Flight1ess and Nolo24 like this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I'd tell you you're wrong, but I notice it too.

Its difficult to stay nice when you're surrounded by people that DGAF.

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

EM10...I have to give you a pat on the back. Whenever I bump into you (usually in a co-op match because that's about the only thing anyone can play now-a -days)....you always have your mic open and share pleasant banter with everyone.

I feel a bit bad that I don't respond back, but my mic hasn't been working and since they basically removed the in-game and lobby chat function, it prevents people without mics from communicating with each other while playing.......that was a stupid, boneheaded move...still can't figure the reason for that.

But a big  :thumbsup: to you my friend....it's a pleasure to have you in-game.

• EM1O and SynloriaBrivalea like this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

In Asia, I get like 2-3 games a month only and mostly on Japanese server and they literally greet every known players , even SG based player and say a few lines (in japanese before leaving). I really miss the old days when SG and JP population was big , there was no toxic,salt or flaming on those servers

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

I have the mic vol at 0 I don't want to hear anyone anyway nor do I have a headset that has a mic as for the game being a wasteland it isn't the players doing

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

tumblr_o5lpy47dWB1smsmqro1_400.gif

• EM1O, DieselCat and Flight1ess like this

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

We didn't start the fire,
It was always burning,
Since the world's been turning.
We didn't start the fire,
No we didn't light it,
But we tried to fight it!

• Flight1ess and Gueber like this

popeco

popeco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I'd say its in a large part due to the (still missing months later for some reason) chat box post-game.  Yeah, most vets know you can hit F5 to see the log but I'm pretty sure the majority of the playerbase ("playerbase" lol) doesn't know how to do this.  I realize most new players in-match probably dont see my "ggs" or post-match remarks because of this.  

There used to be plenty of downtime between matches to shoot the fuzzy bunny (honestly my favorite part about pre-udpate hawken), but now the shorter post-match turnover times combined with an unviewable chat box have made the whole "community casual talk" a rare experience.  On top of that, by removing access to the garage from the lobby screen there is no incentive to wait in the lobby other than to wait for even teams.  Before, waiting in the lobby was a tolerable / productive / enjoyable experience and IMO invited conversation as a result. 

But yeah I agree with your feelings and am very bummed out by its absence as well.  To be honest I think this is one of the biggest issues with the current build of Hawken, esp regarding player retention, since it makes everyone isolated and the community seem cold and indifferent (which I don't think is necessarily the case.. most of the time).  

Nothing I loved more than coming home after a late night out and logging in to yak away in the chat box and prove to everyone how stupid I am.  But I'm lucky if I can even find a server with real humans now when I get home, so beggars cant be choosers I guess.

EDIT:  I also don't have a mic so voice-chat isn't an option unfortunately (and I still prefer typing to talking regardless).  The voice-chat system is broken as well anyways, since if anyone(s) is talking on the post-match screen there's no way to know who's saying what lol.  I definitely recognize a few of your voices by now but have no idea which player tag they belong to  Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by popeco, 30 August 2017 - 06:56 AM.

• EM1O, DieselCat and Flight1ess like this

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I don't use a mic because I cannot speak. I super wish I could because I'd like to use it, among other things. I miss post match chats and messing around in the garage. I've had some really good conversations with cool people between matches. Discord is more or less dead most of the time, it mostly consists of the same handful of people who actually talk.

I especially miss PLAYING WITH REAL HUMANS. bot matches are boring. They're easy and predictable and I refuse to play them for that reason,but that's all I ever see people playing now. I'm lucky if I can find a match against people in a server I can actually join once a week. I often see enough people playing robots to fill a tdm server and it disgusts me.

I've spent so much time playing this game over the many years I've been playing and it hurts to see the game in this state. I hope this next update that includes "quality of life and bugfixes" amounts to something, whenever the update comes out. With that said I don't see the future of this game being all that bright or exciting :/
  • DieselCat, Nov8tr and Shade__ like this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

you knows its alot easier to just use the hawken discord instead of the voip, sometimes people cant PTT and Play at the same time.

• EM1O likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

This isn't just Hawken.

This isn't just online games.

This is the new human social interaction norm.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

My English is not very well, I read better than I hear.

Well if you said anything to me, I might not have heard it, so there wont be a reply.

As for greetings...sometimes I do, sometimes I dont--with the game's current situation, playing this game is LESS like a enjoyable thing, it's becoming a routine thing, like going to work at a stupid company, you'll get used to all the sh*tz, and try not to think while doing the job.

Ic6j9zJ.png

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

I always turn off VOIP in my multiplayer games. It's not for lack of love, but rather a desire to not hear open mics and people raging. I prefer to be more selective with whom I VOIP with, and that's why I stay on a TeamSpeak server where everyone lies and say they enjoy my company.

• coldform likes this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I have my push to talk button set to right ctrl by default. There's no way i can reach that in time  :ninja:

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

i was going to make some dumb comment about how sad we all are but we've been like this for so long i can't come up with anything anymore, i think that says more than any joke ever did.

as for VOIP usage i'll chatter if there are folks to chatter with.

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

thanks for the replies.  i was afraid i'd get buried in rodney king meme gifs. 

*i don't use discord, because no one is on it (most players in the basement mmrs don't use it anyway), and if they are, they're just using it for text chats (seldom about hawken, too)--no one's playing ingame,.

*i use LCtrl for voip, and since i use 360 controller LH, i just hit it with my pinky finger.  yes, i know this uploads a stream of SSs to Steam.

*i play bots-tdm.  see my posts elsewhere about the joyless stomp/get stomped monotony pvp has become. example:  losing with less than 300 total team points against a team that added up to around 1500.  happy happy, joy joy.

*and mostly, my beef as well: the complete garage/between-match alienation and isolation of players by the UI. the whole visual design and navigability of the game is what a support wit that i used to know called a "User Hostile Environment".  it's impossible to even acknowledge a Friend request until you completely exit the server.

:yucky:

gl/hf

Edited by EM1O, 01 September 2017 - 08:11 AM.

• claisolais, DieselCat and DingdongJR like this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

F5? Who knew? :thumbsup:

I've never used a mic in combat games; only use would be in a clan in serious competition.

I only play co-op TDM; that way if the other guy has an advantage, it benefits me, and I still have fun.

I try TDM and PvP but I cannot compete with them; I get 10-15 pts a kill and they get 30+, without bonuses - you can watch the scores go up for them while others idle. Sometimes it feels like some can suck up all the extra points; I get a normal kill/asst for me and get only 80 p[ts; they get 500+.

I do sometimes score high, but it takes a lot of luck and a great team effort; usually I'm usually in the 200s and that means I'm helping and having fun. Could just be coincidence.

Anyway, the playing styles are not usually team-oriented, and it has a feeling of every-man-for-themselves, so a mic wouldn't help other than exchanging insults.

Not having in-game chat at all times is not helping this though.

Introducing a NEW MAP and then grinding it into old age hasn't helped, and its crappy garage issues are frustrating.

And please - yet another cell phone, bruiser, raider, etc? How is this attractive? We could gripe about these things in chat, you know! :wallbash:

Anyway, I try to be nice, help the team and have fun; the death-animations are just the best, and sometimes I'm still laughing when the launch button lights up; we could talk about these things in chat, if we had it...

And the bots are learning? Their 'tactics' are changing, I swear!

GL HF

• EM1O and DieselCat like this

Quad_X

Quad_X

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Is there an offical Hawken Discord channel? Can I get and invite to a community one? My discord is QuadX (#7162)

Edited by Quad_X, 12 September 2017 - 06:46 PM.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Is there an offical Hawken Discord channel? Can I get and invite to a community one? My discord is QuadX (#7162)

There is no official one but this is the one everyone is on

http://hwkn.ch

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I tend to keep an open mic. Most of the time its as if people are logging in from the library or something. I could do chemistry homework in the lobby it's soo quiet. I can be a chatterbox but if it's quiet then I also tend to follow that trend. I need to get better at stopping by the hawken discord.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users