• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I got into 3 or 4 matches last night and, quite surprisingly, the matches were populated with players at a very even skill level with myself.

I haven't seen that in so long that it makes me wonder... did something get a tweak on the server end?  Or was it just an incredible fluke?

• EM1O likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

depends on the hour of the day your talking about

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

depends on the hour of the day your talking about

Huh?  What kind of server-side change could depend on the time of day?

Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

It depends on the time of day as in the number of people currently playing. The more people playing, the easier for the matchmaker to organize balanced matches, which you experienced. Evenings tend to be the time of the day most people are playing, so that's that.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I guess it doesn't matter that I play just about every single night between 9pm and midnight (central US)... for the last 4 years.

• EM1O likes this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

jumped into a bots-tdm match in a 1700 level acct, and it was frickin' awesome.  the bots were doing rotating 3-teams, and dethballs, gawd have mercy on you if you got the "nerf" award.  yes, they have def been tweaked.

edit: i have been run out of a camping spot while sniping, and actually had them mercilessly chase me across the map until they killed me.  it's crazy, but a huge hoot!

Edited by EM1O, 12 September 2017 - 05:26 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

ICERAY2000

ICERAY2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Played 4 games today in co-op TDM, 1 with another player, and got my butt handed to me in every one; I squeezed out a 40-39 in the last game, but lucky shot was all that was.

And, yes they gang-attacked, assaulted sniper posts, Flanked - FLANKED! - and seemed generally buffed up, relentless dodge, those patented, backwards/upwards leaps, with both barrels blazing, no-miss scouts (Hate Them), different attack patterns not down the standard lanes, etc., etc.

As for talent matching... I try every once in a while to DM or TDM, but inevitably am outclassed by players that somehow score three times as fast and high as me.

Also, I recently played in a game where my team (all human) won with everyone scoring between 100-200 pts; then a game very similar later on, two players blew in, scored 300+ points and left - funny thing, Everyone scored over 300 that round - then we went back to scoring 100... tell me that wasn't a hack, which made me think what the leaderboard reflects ...

Tell you what I WOULD like to see change: the bonus free mechs - I'm up to my muffler in Bruisers and Raiders!

So, yes, I see I have to kick my game up a notch if I ever want to win again.

(p.s. They were great matches, and I was caught off-guard by their upgraded talent, but great matches!)

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Also, I recently played in a game where my team (all human) won with everyone scoring between 100-200 pts; then a game very similar later on, two players blew in, scored 300+ points and left - funny thing, Everyone scored over 300 that round - then we went back to scoring 100... tell me that wasn't a hack, which made me think what the leaderboard reflects ...

You can do damage all day, but to get the points, the damage needs to turn into kills.

Those two players may have been good finishers, or maybe you were the finishers, and they were good at lining them up.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

There is also a bug were sometimes the last kill counts as like 12 kills instead of 1, and anyone who assisted on that kill will also get like 12 assists from it tacked on to their score so they can suddenly overtake you buy hundreds of points at the last second.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

There is also a bug were sometimes the last kill counts as like 12 kills instead of 1, and anyone who assisted on that kill will also get like 12 assists from it tacked on to their score so they can suddenly overtake you buy hundreds of points at the last second.

Especially with Vytro's last shot

Ic6j9zJ.png

LordJim47

LordJim47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Finally got time to catch up on reading my backlog of Hawken forum posts--this explains a lot and I thought it was just me being bad, i.e., lost my competitive edge; use it or lose it -- and I really lost it.  But honestly, something has changed in the last 3 days; the game has improved significantly, graphics, new garage filters and what appears to be a lot of really good players.  I am catching the Hawken addiction all over again, which really challenges my other additions (Elite Dangerous, Forza 6 and soon Forza 7).  Thanks to all who take time to share game intel.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Hmm since they can "tweak" them up. How about "untweaking" some BS. Like the one shot kills across the entire map that the Initiate Vanguard does with his Mini Flak? Or the Bruisers that shoot through walls, floors, boulders, etc? I've had 5 mechs chasing me the entire game more times than I can count. Or the scout Flak gun that can kill you from insane distances that YOUR flak can't even begin to accomplish. Sure use a real AI and tweak it. Not just take all the hacks ever written and make them the "AI" of the mechs, thats BS. How about the Bruisers that track players through 4 and 5 walls thick areas? I've watched them do it. Seen bots following cloaked players who did not have the skill to do so with the current mech they were. So yeah it goes both ways. With the small player base we already have enough people using hacks. Sure don't need the freakin bots doing it too. :rolleyes:

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Lol ppl know about that glitch? That's my hawken farming in coop alot of credits hardly ever happens in pvp

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
All u have to do is get the last kill with the breacher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users