• 105 posts
Yes I will keep saying and asking the same thing

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

insanity (noun): the act of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

At this rate MMR will be turned off soon (along with the rest of the game). :wallbash:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

I cant even find what the update 7 for ps4 and xbox has, I do not have ps4 or xbox so I cant see for my self  R.I.P

thedark20

thedark20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Turn off howken

Steel

Steel everywhere~

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
The update did nothing I could see they say they changed the controller schematic but I haven't been able to play to see

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Lol it jus seems like they don't care at all smh how the hell do they get paid? For doing what? Jus looking at a pc screen all day

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

insanity (noun): the act of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

That is neither the definition of Insanity, nor usually is the original quote accurately attributed.

Insanity is actually defined as mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, cannot conduct her/his affairs due to psychosis, or is subject to uncontrollable impulsive behavior.

And it wasn't Albert Einstein or any other famous person who said it.  It was a line from the original Alcoholics Anonymous handbook from the 70's as part of the recovery mantra.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 21 September 2017 - 08:25 AM.

• Silverfire, SparkyJJC, EM1O and 1 other like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

That is neither the definition of Insanity, nor usually is the original quote accurately attributed.

Insanity is actually defined as mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, cannot conduct her/his affairs due to psychosis, or is subject to uncontrollable impulsive behavior.

And it wasn't Albert Einstein or any other famous person who said it.  It was a line from the original Alcoholics Anonymous handbook from the 70's as part of the recovery mantra.

you-got-me-gif-5.gif

• EM1O and Bergwein like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

And it wasn't Albert Einstein or any other famous person who said it.  It was a line from the original Alcoholics Anonymous handbook from the 70's as part of the recovery mantra. citation needed

Albert Einstein knew that someday people would be falsely attributing internet memes to him.

heh.

Snopes.com doesn't even address this, although they do have an excellent (hilarious) article on how golf was really invented by eastern european jews (knowing a little hebrew/yiddish helps).

:rolleyes:

Edited by EM1O, 21 September 2017 - 03:30 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

The origin of the phrase is something I learned about somewhere around 90-92.  Since that predates the internet (mostly), I had to go do some digging to provide citation of the origin belonging to AA.  I found this Huffington Post article that mentions it, but it's dated and the link in the article to the original 81 AA book is broken.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1159927.html

But, at least a somewhat reliable source is saying the same.  The next earliest example of this phrase being published is in Rita Mae Brown’s novel, Sudden Death, it was written in 1984.  There are interviews from 82 where Rita Mae Brown used the phrase in an interview, but says she heard it from a person who was in NA (narcotics anonymous) in 82.  So, I'd say that NA borrowed it from AA.

There are quotes from the founder of AA in the 70's that have the founder of AA using a very similar phrase during seminars - "Making a mistake once is called learning. Making it twice means you’re not learning."

But, etymology historians widely agree that there is no evidence to attribute this phrase to anyone, famous or otherwise, prior to 1981.  But, it's still possible that the phrase was passed by word-of-mouth up until the point that the author of the AA handbook published it... but evidence is completely lacking.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 22 September 2017 - 10:22 AM.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

The origin of the phrase is something I learned about somewhere around 90-92.  Since that predates the internet (mostly), I had to go do some digging to provide citation of the origin belonging to AA.  I found this Huffington Post article that mentions it, but it's dated and the link in the article to the original 81 AA book is broken.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1159927.html

But, at least a somewhat reliable source is saying the same.  The next earliest example of this phrase being published is in Rita Mae Brown’s novel, Sudden Death, it was written in 1984.  There are interviews from 82 where Rita Mae Brown used the phrase in an interview, but says she heard it from a person who was in NA (narcotics anonymous) in 82.  So, I'd say that NA borrowed it from AA.

There are quotes from the founder of AA in the 70's that have the founder of AA using a very similar phrase during seminars - "Making a mistake once is called learning. Making it twice means you’re not learning."

But, etymology historians widely agree that there is no evidence to attribute this phrase to anyone, famous or otherwise, prior to 1981.  But, it's still possible that the phrase was passed by word-of-mouth up until the point that the author of the AA handbook published it... but evidence is completely lacking.

Congrats you have gone wildly off topic.

• StubbornPuppet likes this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users