• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

headpointernext

headpointernext

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

0. Preamble:

Ok, first up - a Battle Technician is a BAD idea. Let me repeat that - A BAD IDEA. Clear enough? Good.

Now. this topic has been treaded on by other better players, but hey, it's a free world, so why not?

I decided to make a Battle Tech (or two, thinking about it) For The Lulz™. Maybe to troll (new) people; have you seen a C class trying valiantly to swat that irritating tech who's been humping their leg and fail? Exactly. Maybe just to mess around with people who didn't expect this Tech to go rabid on them (more on the rabid part later). Maybe because the Battle Technician is actually a Scout+/-; a tad squishier than a Scout, about as fast as a Scout, the secondary weapon adds a dimension not found in the Scout, as irritating as a Scout - more, even.

Why am I writing this again? For The Lulz™. This document, I'll edit once in a while, if I get new insight on this bad idea. Do you really need to take this post seriously? Your call.

1. What the fuzzy bunny is a Battle Technician

As the name implies, it's a Technician who's primarily geared around or holds in equal priority with healing the ability to battle.

2. Battle Technician builds

So far I've thought of two possilbe builds, one maximized for pure annoyance, one for a cleric-type build (healer but still packs a punch)

2.1. Morkie

Everyone knows that dog - small, moves fast, way too yappy. Now imagine said dog going rabid - it won't stop yapping/biting at your ankles with its little nasty teeth until you manage to punt it away or you fall over and get your face eaten off. That, in essence, is the Morkie build.

Weapons:

- anything but RedOx. This allows you to maintain a high DPS rate from the sides/back even at facehugging distance without repercussions from the RedOx's debuff splash.

Items:

- this depends on what you want to dish out more. For damage, get either Det or HE. For trolling, EMP. Apply liberally.

Internals:

- So far, I have deflectors, (advanced) armor fusor. The remaining one/two slot/s, put whatever you want. The deflectors are for the fuzzy-bunny dodging you'd be doing, the armor fusor is to immediately get the fruits of your nibbling away at ankles.

Usage:

- Play this one like a scout. Use your high walk speed to walk circles around the enemy in the direction that he's turning. Basically stay away from his line of sight (ie where he can shoot you). He decides to fly, boost under him, do a 180, nibble away when he lands, repeat. Flying is not recommended. Boost only when needed. Keep an eye on the radar in case someone decides to crash your little dance with the hapless C class. Always vamp. Run away at the smallest sign of trouble - enemy coming in to support, a stray TOW coming your way, etc.

Wait, no support items e.g. orbs etc? Yes. You'd be too busy moving and/or dying to go orblord while duking it out with someone.

It's possible to use the Morkie while on a team push - keep your fatty in your line of sight, latch onto him your golden shower, then shoot enemies wthin ~160degress of your vision. Continually move about and harass enemies. Dart in and out of furballs to get more assists and heal your mates.

2.2. (placeholder for a support build - RedOx, some support items, etc)

• EM1O likes this

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

There's nothing wrong with being a battle tech, unless you suck at it :B

• EM1O likes this

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Yes! This! Luv dat Hampster Dance around the fatty. Really annoying is a Tech that hunts/trolls & butt-humps Vanguards that are dumb enough to turret.

Easy money. :)

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users