- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

popeco

popeco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Yeah, I know the game is shutting down, and I know this forum is hanging on by a thread, but wanted to see if anyone is experiencing weird server lag / pops lately.  It's not like normal game lag, but the game will go from running smoothly to all of a sudden teleporting wildly every 3-ish seconds.  

I don't expect this to be fixed or anything, because lol, but I'm just trying to figure out if its on my end or the server.  Recently switched internet service from 100mbps to 50mbps, but I cant imagine that having a huge impact.  I just want to try to enjoy the last handful of weeks (!!) of hawplken with some hopefully smooth, anger-free gameplay.  It's basically unplayable when it kicks into gear.  Anyone else experience this?

• EM1O and Jelooboi like this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

It's more likely a routing issue. As in, your new plan has put you on different "least-cost-routing" policies that have your traffic taking different routes along the way.  And, before it comes up, "Yes, this can affect only one game." All other games may be fine, but a certain game will get lag.  This is because the routes to the servers for each game is different.

But, it could also actually be Hawken if they've actually bothered to deactivate some of the servers and consolidate them.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

roger the lag and teleporting.  the 300 and 400 series dallas servers are locking my gpu up as well--i have to completely log out of my desktop in order to get out of Hawken.  i get random lag and teleporting mostly on facility and once or twice on wreckage.  as well beginning the shutdown process, i wouldn't be surprised to learn that no one is doing server maintenance.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

^Well, based on that, ignore anything I said about routing issues.  And, he's right, without proper maintenance (like during the great silence), servers get wonky... and this time their not gonna get any better. :sweat:

• EM1O likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Pulcinella

Pulcinella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

I've had lag issues pop up, and I've already contacted the support center. They basically said just to expect the servers to deteriorate as it gets closer to Jan. 2. I took that as, no one is maintaining the game anymore and they've reallocated the devs elsewhere =/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users