• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

I'm curious, who is palying ED here and if you play it (atleast some hours, not just two .. ) leave a tiny review please.

I myself don't like ED that much, atleast in its current grind version, where you basically just earn credits and it offers nothing except that. Well, the ways to do so ofcourse.

Share your opinion! :]

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I've haven't had the most pleasant time with it, but recent updates definitely improved bounty hunting. I don't need to trade anymore to get a new ship or module. To be honest, It's a very relaxing game that is best played while listening to a podcast or book reading or something. It's pretty much the quintessential space sim experience. The only one until Star Citizen comes out.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

A friend who got into it due to me and another friend describes it as EVE lite with some Firefly mixed in.

It can get boring at times, depending on what you are doing, but it's a good boring.

For example, when I'm 'grinding' credits on rare trade item runs, jumping from system to system can be boring...  if nothing happens.  But there is always the risk of being intercepted by pirates, both NPC's and human (if in open play), like that moron NPC who did it as I was skimming a star and fuel scooping...

It's a huge sandbox that doesn't hold your hand at all, and doesn't really have an overall storyline like what Freelancer had.  If you want to jump into Mordor with the starting ship, it's not going to try to stop you, just don't get pissed when a fully loaded anaconda decides to wipe it's arse with you.  :tongue:

This post on the E:D forums is probably the best description of the game I've seen to date, it's worth the read.

Also check YT.  I have a few up as does Cmdr Isinona, who is a crazy good pilot, definitely worth watching his stuff.

Edited by bacon_avenger, 04 April 2015 - 01:46 PM.

• EM1O and Kopra like this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
I know Isona but I like to watch Baron of Baronia aka badnewsbaron on twitch. Interacting with him is pretty cool, we had several fights where I killed him and he killed me.

Gonna read the post now

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Something along the line of VegaStrike, but it looks simpler to use.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I've been with Elite: Dangerous since early on. I played the original many years ago as well. It's OK. It's not what I was hoping for and the fanboi's scream you down if you try to ask for anything in the forums. It is big. Really big. Some nice stuff to see and do. I am hoping they add more. I also have Star Citizen. I have played all of Chris's old games. Spent thousands of hours in Freelancer. (solo and online) Waiting for that too. Not much to do currently there though besides the hangar (which I admit is pretty damn cool. Walking around inside your ship. Activating things.) You can play a few different battle match stuf and thats pretty much it for now. I'm really waiting for SQ42 which is literally the sequel to Wing Commander. Well thats my 2 old pennies. Your mileage may vary.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
Achievement unlocked.

Took the Playseat and split it up, just one bolt that has a plastic hand grip, bought the Thurstmaster T flight hotas x setup, and this table on Amazon.

EfJRcKgl.jpg

6hxWYoDl.jpg

Elite Dangerous on the 100" screen with 7.1 audio, and the 12" sub tearing my face off. Needless to say, the wife is thrilled. :)

No crew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users