- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Oraclethingy

Oraclethingy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I know there has been quite a bit of talk about how the tech is op plz n3rf and all of that, so what if the devs just tweak how armor works? Here's what I'm getting at: Suppose each mech body is split up into limbs and torso, and each has their own health bar? Then the tech would have to be more precice with what he he heals.

You could even make it so that once a part is heavily damaged it starts becoming slightly dysfuctional, like if one of the legs were damaged move speed forward and backward would be slightly decreased, as well as strafing to the side that the damaged limb is on. Of course you would have to make it so that it's only up close that you can see the remaining armor of all the limbs of another teammate, otherwise the HUD would be too crowded.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Don't think this would work very well.  At least two of the weapons available on mechs are, basically, mine layers (the EOC's), and others have splash damage (TOW, HEAT, grenades, as well as the EOC's).

Locational damage would just turn the game into everyone aiming for the legs of the enemy.

• -Tj- likes this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
Less of a tweak and more of a total revamp of the game. And what bacon_avenger said, I agree 9003%.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

It's not a mech simulator, it's a shooter with mechs. And yes, nerfing the tech is easier than doing this.

Teljaxx the Unintentional

Teljaxx the Unintentional

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

The vast majority of the weapons in Hawken are too imprecise for locational damage to work. They all either have massive spread, or splash damage the size of a mech, so hitting a specific part would be more up to chance than skill.

The Sharpshooter and Reaper, with their precision weapons, would end up being the most useful mechs, because their precision weapons would allow you to target specific parts, while everyone else has to rely on random chance.

• bacon_avenger, Meraple, SandSpider2 and 2 others like this

Me are always recall near what beauty I quench thy water at dost hast jest if clubly pink codpiece shall torment yon melancholy questioned bare peach to see whatsoever hitherto delicate purple sausage mans.

BlueOrb.gif

LU0P10

LU0P10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

To the OP... actually the Tech talk haven't been initiated by it been op or such... but IMO the talk is on, has always been because, people want to make the gameplay to be better. At least that is what I want.

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Similar things have been suggested many times and locational damage just would not work for this game because movement is life. The second a mech gets its movement restricted it's dead.

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I wouldnt mind seeing damage modifiers for different parts of the mech, but I dont want my legs being blown off. I left mechwarrior because that was literally the only way I would die. getting completely trashed by getting shot in the ankles by heavy lasers.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I wouldnt mind seeing damage modifiers for different parts of the mech, but I dont want my legs being blown off. I left mechwarrior because that was literally the only way I would die. getting completely trashed by getting shot in the ankles by heavy lasers.

But if locational damage is added, this is probably what you are going to see.

Just please no, it's not a good idea for Hawken IMO.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

But if locational damage is added, this is probably what you are going to see.

Just please no, it's not a good idea for Hawken IMO.

it isnt a good idea, it wouldnt fit hawken's arcade style, but I think it would be kinda fun for a private server option.

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Freeze once said, I just copy it from my memory:

Do we really want to split the playerbase like that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users