- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Isaac_Shepard

Isaac_Shepard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Prosk and Sentium are no strangers when it comes to corporate espionage. Thanks to the political atmosphere of Illal, black market deals are far too commonplace. Trade smuggers never actually touch down on Illal. The reason being not the Gigastructure, but because of all the fighting.

How it works: this game mode would have no time limit. A 'box' is dropped on the map in a random location. Both teams must find, and retrieve the shipment.

Upping the ante: Illal has very strict laws about smuggling. Any persons caught with illegal paraphernalia will be sumarily dealt with. (What this means): bots are placed on the map. They do not shoot unless provoked, OR you are spotted holding the 'box'.

An alternative: instead of bots spawning at the start of the match, they instead spawn when the player holding the 'box' is spotted. Note, the bots only spawn when the player holding the box is sighted. They will roam the map until the 'smuggler' is found.

Before I forget: bots wont deal damage, instead they just slow you down. Makes it easier for (whatever passes for law enforcement) police to catch you.

• VYR3, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, Knowledge70 and 1 other like this

Flight1ess

Flight1ess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

maybe capture the flag type thingy?

i dunoo maybe that wont work well...

Life is like a good book,

It makes more sense as you get into it ;D

tumblr_m91v02mYjw1qhnj8eo4_r2_500.gif

09deathstroke

09deathstroke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

yes exactly!!!!!

a CTF mode will surely change the whole game.. 

this is the mode where we can see some real teamwork.

moving in those formations will be so freaking awesome..!!!!!!

• Isaac_Shepard likes this

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

I would adjust the rules, but I like the overall idea.

(1) Three points are required to win.

(2) Only one shipment spawns at a time.

(3) The locations for the shipment are pre-determined. (One location would be Prosk-advantage, one location would be Sentium-advantage, one location would be neutral. Or maybe three neutral locations.)

(4) Before a shipment spawns, its location is flagged for N minutes. It will spawn once this time elapses. (2 <= N <= 4) (This gives teams a time to fight over the shipment location.)

(5) Once the shipment spawns, a team must have exclusive control of the area immediately around the shipment for M seconds to that it can be loaded on to a player's mech. (15 <= M <= 90) (This gives the team without control a chance to respond, and the team with control a chance to decide which mech gets the shipment. The meter might alternatively behave like a Missile Assault meter, wherein the shipment's control meter goes toward whoever has more players near it.)

(6) The shipment must be brought to the team's base to score a point.

(7) If a team now has 3 points, that team wins. Else, go to (4).

I have removed the bots because I feel that introduce an element that is too difficult to control. I feel they would work better in a different game mode.

Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, 05 April 2015 - 10:30 AM.

• Isaac_Shepard and 09deathstroke like this

Thank you for your time,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users