• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I want this thing I don't want changed, changed. Predator is over powered, so buff its weapons so it can fight better. Kill the incinerator that is isn't is isn't OP. Thanks for redoing the server labels. Now change it back. But really changing the servers was a good thing.

Make the game harder for new people to get into by lowering the skill ceiling. Weapon is underpowered, nerf it more. Alter this map by keeping it the same.

Man, it's super confusing, really. Hard to figure out who wants what.

Edited by Panzermanathod, 06 April 2015 - 06:52 PM.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Well, this is kind of the point of the forums, to discuss these things.  One certainly can't expect a consensus on certain topics, especially when one takes into consideration that there are three/four distinct phases of Hawken:

• Early open beta
  • Tech patch (I'm calling this unique as the tech has started a lot of controversy)
  • Ascension patch
  • Steam patch

We have players who started playing in each of the phases, and each phase has it's fans and critics.

Respectful debate is what is needed as, obviously, where the game is now is not viable, otherwise ADH/MTR might still be around and running things.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Fair enough. I'm fairly new and man I see a whole lot of conflicting suggestions, or stuff that have no business being put in Hawken.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Fair enough. I'm fairly new and man I see a whole lot of conflicting suggestions, or stuff that have no business being put in Hawken.

Yea, I know.  :smile:

Even us alpha vets can't always agree.

Some love the old alpha/closed beta speeds and builds, some think the early open beta is where it's at, others want the ascension builds back.

Hopefully Reloaded can find that happy medium that most players can agree on and Hawken can grow and thrive.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

One of the Devs/Mods or one of us random forum goers should make a straw poll so that we can see what people like and dislike.

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

One of the Devs/Mods or one of us random forum goers should make a straw poll so that we can see what people like and dislike.

The problem with this idea is that it would cover only those who regularly peruse the forums, and players who read the forums are in the minority.

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

cs5t805.png?2

(KDR) Seron16

(KDR) Seron16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Or just listen to me, I'm jsut trying to bring back the good old Hawken we once had. ^^

But seriously, this is a forums with lots of interesting and well thought out discussion. That means they're will be many disagreements and differing viewpoints, but in the end good devs will sift through threads, ask questions, etc and make informed decisions from it. At least that's what one hopes the devs will do.  :smile:

• bacon_avenger and Bad_BennyAK like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Yeah, although I'm a little concerned if they will be able to sift through some of this, really.

(KDR) Seron16

(KDR) Seron16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Yeah, although I'm a little concerned if they will be able to sift through some of this, really.

How so?

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

As I said, a fair number of suggestions either contradict another or are very contested. You can call it unfounded (really, even I know my concerns are kinda unfounded), but if the new developers are indeed looking to the forums to see what the people want, It might be easier if there would be more of a general consensus as to what should be changed.

Scow2

Scow2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Or just listen to me, I'm jsut trying to bring back the good old Hawken we once had. ^^

No, listen to me, so we we don't back into the pit of suck and fail that Hawken used to be.

Scow2

Scow2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

<Double post due to disconnection>

Edited by Scow2, 08 April 2015 - 07:27 AM.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
The three things in this game that are changes and not flat additions (you could make a million statements along the lines of "Hawken would be nicer if a single player mode existed") that are general consensus:

Orb build needs to change somehow.

Incin tech combo is at the very least marginally OP.

Reduce wait time between games.

I can count the number of people who disagree with those statements on one hand.

Everything else is people trying to convince you there's either a consensus or a "controversy" for their own reasons.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 08 April 2015 - 01:05 PM.

• (P:B)Augmentia likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

(P:B)Augmentia

(P:B)Augmentia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

The three things in this game that are changes and not flat additions (you could make a million statements along the lines of "Hawken would be nicer if a single player mode existed") that are general consensus:

Orb build needs to change somehow.

Incin tech combo is at the very least marginally OP.

Reduce wait time between games.

I can count the number of people who disagree with those statements on one hand.

Everything else is people trying to convince you there's either a consensus or a "controversy" for their own reasons.

This is a fair summary. Smurfs aren't really an issue just a casual very minor annoyance, and not the end of the world like everyone thinks. I could be wrong, but I believe the good captain is working on a fix for game time as we speak (or will in the immediate future), and mmr can be put off for a while longer.

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Fair enough. I'm fairly new and man I see a whole lot of conflicting suggestions, or stuff that have no business being put in Hawken.AA

Agreed, but that's the point of this forum,  is to see how the members feel about it,  See what topics are important to keep current players happy, and still focus on the core gameplay to attract new players.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users