• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I played with the pred all weekend, its a lot of fun, I think its my new favourite mech.

its really balanced at what its good for, which is trapping and stalking, but there are a few changes I would like to make to the preds weapons.

First off, the EOC P mines fly too slow. they are clumsy and awkward to use on anything faster or smaller than a brawler. you have to lead targets WAYY too much to be able to use your primary effectively. give them a 20-30% faster flight speed and I think they will be in a much better spot.

Secondly, Breecher needs more pellets. I think the breecher fires like... 5 pellets total. thats not much of a shotgun, and this low pellet count makes it pretty clunky in CQC or even close medium ranges. I think  the damage should be divided across 10 pellets. this would make it have a more rounded shot pattern instead of some random pellets that outline your target on the wall.

Thirdly, I want to see the breecher's charge shot have a slightly wider cone of fire. the concept of the breecher's sniper charge up is really cool, I love using it a lot. its super good for mid range, pretty good in CQC, and not utterly terrible at long range, HOWEVER, I think instead of it shooting out one pellet/spike, it should compress all of the spikes to fire in a very tight circle, kind of like a full choke on a shotgun. if it directs all the pellets out in one tight pattern, but not as one single shot, I think it would make it slightly easier to use it on Mechs like reapers/infils/scouts at mid range.

anyways, these are just a few of my ideas that I think would bring the pred up to the line of Assault/vanguard.

Also, does anyone else feel awkward using the Breecher with the EOC P? it feels like they mounted my weapons on the wrong arms, EOC P is so fast, while the Breecher is super slow.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
I am fairly experienced predator player and in my opinion it would become overpowered if all these buffs were added, the flight speed of the mine launcher i do agree with though. Also the cloak becomes rather useless in higher tier play so maybe it could be buffed slightly, i would like if the outline of the cloaked predator was removed so that it would just appear as a foggy mirage kind of thing.

Other than that it seems like a very dangerous thing and one of the best mechs for sure. no other mech can earn you free bonus kills just because some unlucky enemy stepped on a randomly placed mine.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 10:14 PM.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Here's something the Predator can do, far better than any other class in the game:

Chasing a good Predator on your own is the most stupid thing you can do, no matter the class you're in. (except Raider, lol)

Scout and other A classes get blown to bits way too easily.

B mechs in general have too low HP to withstand multiple mines and a Breacher before they get a reliable LOS to the Predator.

C mechs have the HP, but are too slow to chase at all.

Get the Predator in a corner with an ally and it's 100% ded.

It simply doesn't have enough DPS and HP to withstand two mechs.

Get into the Predator's face with a B or C mech and it's ded as well.

Again, DPS and HP.

First off, the EOC P mines fly too slow. they are clumsy and awkward to use on anything faster or smaller than a brawler. you have to lead targets WAYY too much to be able to use your primary effectively. give them a 20-30% faster flight speed and I think they will be in a much better spot.

It means you can spend most of your time leading pucks, and only a split-second to aim and hit with the Breacher.

I'm not sure about the faster projectile velocity, so I'll remain neutral on that.

Secondly, Breecher needs more pellets. I think the breecher fires like... 5 pellets total. thats not much of a shotgun, and this low pellet count makes it pretty clunky in CQC or even close medium ranges. I think  the damage should be divided across 10 pellets. this would make it have a more rounded shot pattern instead of some random pellets that outline your target on the wall.

Breacher shows three projectiles being shot if you tap it.

It doesn't need any more than that in my opinion.

Thirdly, I want to see the breecher's charge shot have a slightly wider cone of fire. the concept of the breecher's sniper charge up is really cool, I love using it a lot. its super good for mid range, pretty good in CQC, and not utterly terrible at long range, HOWEVER, I think instead of it shooting out one pellet/spike, it should compress all of the spikes to fire in a very tight circle, kind of like a full choke on a shotgun. if it directs all the pellets out in one tight pattern, but not as one single shot, I think it would make it slightly easier to use it on Mechs like reapers/infils/scouts at mid range.

It's terrible at long range due to the immense damage fall-off.

And no, the compression is already possible.

Simply charge it, but not fully before you release the trigger and it'll fire the same amount of projectiles with the same damage, expect with less spread.

anyways, these are just a few of my ideas that I think would bring the pred up to the line of Assault/vanguard.

What gave you the idea Predator is worse than those?

Also, does anyone else feel awkward using the Breecher with the EOC P? it feels like they mounted my weapons on the wrong arms, EOC P is so fast, while the Breecher is super slow.

Yes, Breacher feels clunky, especially with the EOC P.

I like it, as it makes the Predator feel more unique and harder, which it is.

Certain people like to switch the key bindings for Primary/Secondary weapon firing, but I wouldn't reccomend it.

Having a chargable ''Secondary'' will be much worse in my opinion.

These forums won't allow me to write de_d.. I don't know why.

Edited by Meraple, 07 April 2015 - 02:13 AM.

Lightangel112

Lightangel112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yes you can semi charge breacher to have the same damage with less spread, not many people know about this ^^. Also though people have mentioned that they want better EOC P rate of fire , the heat generated wouldn't differ, may be an issue if spammed to much and would increase the dps as well, though it's not geared to out dps an assault mech, you try to out smart it if you can.

Edited by Lightangel112, 07 April 2015 - 02:34 AM.

• VYR3 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users