- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Isaac_Shepard

Isaac_Shepard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Environmental traps. players can set them up but, be careful, ANYONE can set them off (muhuhahahaha >;D)

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I think it might detract from the action of the game. People might become too focused on them and it would become distracting from the main intentions of the game. On another note, it sounds kind of fun, even though I don't like things that lay mines or traps.

Edit: maybe mines or stasis bombs that stun you, I don't like the idea of much more.

Edited by Loglino, 07 April 2015 - 07:04 PM.

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

No need. Every wall and corner is a sticky trap in Hawken. >_>

• dorobo, Nachoeslach, Meraple and 6 others like this

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

At first glance, this sounded interesting...

But then the 'anyone can set them off' part chimed in, and all I could think was 'oh ghods, the griefing...'

Gonna have to say naa as well.  :smile:

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

IronClamp

IronClamp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Err, Pred and EOC mines that do friendly fire? How about you just place a turret (a rocket turret maybe) behind a corner to take some poor player by surprise.

Adding more traps would be unnecissary, like stated before - it would detract from the game play

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Spoiler

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Hahaha!!  Admiral Akbar......      Anyways... Yes,  the idea sounds good, and I like the thought of adding more stealth and subterfuge to the game, but I feel if that concept is pushed TOO much,  it takes away from the fluid fighting action that we all love.  The heat generators work sufficiently well as traps... not invisible of course,  but a deterrent to pass through certain choke points.  I dont' see the heat traps used to their full capacity as much,  but between rocket & machine gun turrets,  heat traps,   I'm not sure you need much more.    

Perhaps a little squirt of mech oil,   for an "Oil Slick"  trap,  that can cover a similar sized area as the heat trap,  and slow movement for all non-bosting mechs,  (of course, they can just boost through it).   perhaps cover a slightly larger area than the heat trap,   the main deterrent is to HAVE to boost through the oil slick to avoid having movement slowed to half speed.  The deterrent is the fuel that is consumed to boost OVER the oil slick.   Just a thought.  

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users