* * * * - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Because we don't already have enough of these right? But, I really think this one has potential. It's really quite simple.

1. Get rid of the tracking entirely so that the tech actually has to aim like other mortal mechs.

2. Instead of ubering, change its ability to temporarily activate the tracking of its beam (for a shorter duration than it currently lasts, obviously).

Healing and damage might need a buff, but how does that sound?

Edited by Silk_Sk, 07 April 2015 - 08:48 PM.

• CrimsonKaim and LaurenEmily like this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Sounds reasonable to me. I don't see why playing the medic class should take away the need to aim. that is a prerequisite of succeeding with any other mech in the game.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
No... Stahp... Just kill us. It's easy... The tech is fine. As my MMR goes up, I find myself having to run away more because people look for us and destroy us. I was in a game against Merl and I ended that match with 136 points. To put it into perspective, he had over 800. No amount of latch beam is going to save us from someone that knows how to handle us.

Also. Helfires don't need to be aimed. Mines don't need to be aimed.
  • KOS_Baconman and Brawler_Yukon like this

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Mines don't need to be aimed.

Since when?

Mines require more aim than usual due to their slower travel speed.

More aim as in more prediction, more leading, etc.

An actually good player can both avoid them on the ground and dodge them when you fire.

• Houruck and Erzunterweltler like this

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Since when?
Mines require more aim than usual due to their slower travel speed.
More aim as in more prediction, more leading, etc.

An actually good player can both avoid them on the ground and dodge them when you fire.

Just like a good player can make slight work of a tech. Curious how that works. Just because we have a tether, doesn't mean it's easy. We have to constantly move. There's zero down time in a tech in my mmr range. 1915 at time of post.

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Just like a good player can make slight work of a tech. Curious how that works. Just because we have a tether, doesn't mean it's easy. We have to constantly move. There's zero down time in a tech in my mmr range. 1915 at time of post.

Like I said, mines actually require more aim than usual.

The Helix Repair Torch requires less.

That is literally all I came to say.

I said literally nothing about the Tech in my previous post.

There's zero reason to assume I was trying to offend the class.

Edited by Meraple, 08 April 2015 - 12:58 AM.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

The Technician does not need fixing

Hes is already completely balanced.

• KOS_Baconman likes this

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

?FTD? eXeon

?FTD? eXeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

The tether is a necessity of sustain healing, how else is the mech expected to use its secondary if it has to constantly keep its reticule on the target its healing?  Trick question, it cant use its primary weapon if you remove tether and dont change how it heals. The tether may seem easy but you forget, you're trying to keep latched onto someone moving/boosting/dodging/flying away from you in any given direction. While maintaining tether on someone you also need to be able to fire at someone else in the distance past your healing target without letting your healing target detach which is not exactly easy without coordination with that player and knowing how each other plays.

If you buffed healing the mech would be absurdly overpowered again as it was when we had 60 incombat healing/sec or even the old out of combat tech fuzzy bunny.

I'm not defending how easy the tech beam currently is but, I think changing it could lead to far worse problems than there is now. The mech is very well balanced in higher tier games where players shots are more accurate.

Fix The Delay

Scow2

Scow2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Sounds reasonable to me. I don't see why playing the medic class should take away the need to aim. that is a prerequisite of succeeding with any other mech in the game.

That's more due to a lack of diversity in mech design in this game.

Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

The Technician does not need fixing

Hes is already completely balanced.

I agree. But I also agree that the technician has made the game less fun. I'm proposing a change in mechanics that might make it suit the game more.

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

I agree. But I also agree that the technician has made the game less fun. I'm proposing a change in mechanics that might make it suit the game more.

How has it made it less fun? It's made the game more dhnamic. All it's done is kept things in combat at the expense of DPS. Even when can heal and put damage down range, it really only equate to fighting two mechs and that's if we can continuosly heal and manage to hit. More than likely, however, the mech we're healing is going to pull off and we're going to have to do the same. So you're then just fighting a mech that has a nerfed orb following it.

Would you rather engage a raider with a tech on it or a raider with a scoot next to it? You have a far better chance against the former option than the raider and the scoot.

And then there's this. I'm disabled. My hands shake. I can't be effective in anything but a Tech. If the Tether is removed, I can no longer play Hawken.

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
The technician problem doesn't come from the mech but from the user and the enemy players.

A tech can be VERY effective if the pilot is good and knows what he's doing but can also be Horribly useless if miss used.

On the other team, the tech can be VERY well countered if the team is good, cooperative and communicative (usually only takes a good coordinate player to take him out but if there's problems then yeah communication) but could be horribly hard to deal with if your team is inexperienced, un cooperative and all or the tech over on the other side is REAL good ...

XD
  • BaronSaturday likes this

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Y'know if the tech does get nerfed like so many players want, I wonder what all the Tech only players will do? what Mech do you play when you aren't good enough to kill anybody, want to help your team, but the only support non combat class is now useless?

A tech can be VERY effective if the pilot is good and knows what he's doing but can also be Horribly useless if miss used.

See, but we have to make it fair for all the newbies who don't wanna git gud, because then they'd have challenge. But whatever I'm just salty because so many people want to kill a perfectly good Mech.

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Ikr man I main the tech XD after killing and truing out a lot of playstyles ... I don't like killing face on I feel one kill ... OK I got one kill ... Good for me but if I'm support I feel happy I'm actually helping my team XD

Its an better experience XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

I'd rather nerf the healing, by having the yellow and green beams heal less than they do currently when the target ally is not in repair mode and not heal the user unless the special abilty is active. The special ability should, in addition of repairing the target ally faster, remove any ailment (decreased defense, emp, ism, whatever Mamabear inflicts) on the target ally and increase the amount of damage dealt to enemies by the user's red beam (i think it only increases the selfrepair speed right now.

The tracking ability should stay, so that the technician can use its lefthanded weapon against enemies, while still healing the ally. Manual aim for connecting the beam with the target and then sticking to it until deactivation might work, maybe.

Another idea i have, to emphasize the technician's support role, modify the lefthanded weapons (aside from the redox rifle):

The technicians Hawkins-RPR should deal less damage, but inflict a "tank leak" ailment, meaning that fuel is slowly decreased (effectively slowing down fuel regeneration and increasing the cost of boosting and flight).

That bright red gun should inflict whatever Mamabear inflicts on targets. Adjust damage if necessary.

I have a lot of ideas and would like some feedback on them:

Suggestions for fixing things:

https://community.pl...of-suggestions/

Suggestions for new things:

https://community.pl...for-new-things/

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

That bright red gun should inflict whatever Mamabear inflicts on targets. Adjust damage if necessary.

Duuuuuuuuude, you don't even know how hype that'd make me. On the rest of what you said, I don't really think the healing needs to be nerfed, it's damn balanced on the A's and B's, the C's take a little advantage from it over the A's 'n B's, but that's balanced out by them being fat bastards that can't run for fuzzy bunny. But the weapons being less DPS, more Support I can be totally on board for. And for the not healing thing on user, it really fuzzy bunnys up the tempo of the Tech to do that, it's already squishy as hell, removing it's only staying power would considerably fuzzy bunny with how it's played. (Notice I'm not saying it's a terrible Idea, I'm actually not against it, but you have to know that it would mess up how it's played as of now)

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Completely agree WE ARE THE "TECH SHOULD NOT CHANGE" Protesters XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users