• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I want to see different cockpits either for each mech or for each chasis. This would help with realism I think.
  • VYR3, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, Liederkranz and 1 other like this

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Would love to see this request from way back in alpha/beta be fulfilled. :smile:

• Odinous and Superkamikazee like this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I agree, something like the Infiltrator should remain the same while others like the Raider should change to how the chassis? face? actually looks

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Gimme my pre-Ascension cockpit back plz. Mix those with the current cockpit and you'll have 6 right there. ;)

• bacon_avenger, Houruck and Miscellaneous like this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I WANT A NEW CUSTOMIZABLE COCKPIT AND SOME MORE ANIME NOW!!!!! XD HEHEE

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

torc

torc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Yes please.... give a different cockpit for different chassis that we PURCHASE long time ago....this is a real shame...we had never seen any of those features completed in the past 3 years...it's time to make it.

You know...do you want a particular cockpit? well BUY the chassis for you mech with you precious cockpit :

Player happy, and you make moneys! Very easy ;)

• SOD_CyberTormentor likes this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Put me onboard for more cockpits including the old one. I want the one I had back in closed beta!

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

give me the old HUD/cockpit back first, then lets make some awesome new cockpits.

also, community UI modding would be pretty cool, I'd love to use some of the old community made HUDs.

Paradox23

Paradox23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I recall test-driving the Scout Mech and noticed that while the cockpit seemed a little different at first, it was just scaled down.  If players can purchase different chassis, legs, arms and torsos for their mechs, I don't see why cockpits should be a problem.  I mean you can already adjust some aspects of the HUD and internal appearance. 

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I recall test-driving the Scout Mech and noticed that while the cockpit seemed a little different at first, it was just scaled down.  If players can purchase different chassis, legs, arms and torsos for their mechs, I don't see why cockpits should be a problem.  I mean you can already adjust some aspects of the HUD and internal appearance.

It is definitely not an issue - it is just a matter of creating more of them. Currently, there are only 3 mech interiors (one for each class). However, putting this in place will require a bunch of modeling, texturing, debugging, adding on to the current code for a cockpit purchasing system, and extending the menu system to include this new section. It's a good bit of work, so if they do implement it, I would expect it too terribly soon.

torc

torc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Just to be cleat : HUD and Gui have their topic... we're talking about COCKPIT MODELS that should reflects the chassis shape.

If you want That feature finally implemented, please contribute to the discussion.

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Just to be cleat : HUD and Gui have their topic... we're talking about COCKPIT MODELS that should reflects the chassis shape.

If you want That feature finally implemented, please contribute to the discussion.

Yes this. Many this.

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I like this idea. One thing to keep in mind while creating new cockpits is how much screen space is taken up by each cockpit. The screen space taken should be approximately equal for each one. I reckon it may be difficult to design new cockpits on isolation from the rest of the HUD.

Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, 17 April 2015 - 02:21 AM.

Thank you for your time,

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

I like this idea. One thing to keep in mind while creating new cockpits is how much screen space is taken up by each cockpit. They screen space taken should be approximately equal for each one. I reckon it may be difficult to design new cockpits on isolation from the rest of the HUD.

I'm sure they can keep screen space the same across the board. Custom HUDs could cure some of this as well. That way they could design cool stuff and we can configure around it.

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

More different cockpits = good

"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

"Love is the Law, Love under Will" -- Aleister Crowley

"This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Otherland

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Totally. Different chassis should reflect to the cockpit. Huge amount of work with no pay-back as people own the chassis already though.

Slightly related (and newer going to happen), I would love to have different chassis restricted to certain mechs. I just hate SS with bruiser bodies. But again, people own them already :sad:

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
So I think the consensus stands that we need more cockpits. Whether they be tied to the mech, chasis, or be purchaseable otherwise is the question that remains.

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Rahr12341

Rahr12341

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

This would be awesome I would pay for a good looking  cockpit. 

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

I believe this has been requested several times over the years. I'd love to see some different cockpits, but it's probably not too high on the priority list. 

No crew

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

If they take Junk parts and build Mechs it would stand to reason that some pilots would want Cockpits with their own style. That would be really cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users