Photo

Opening all the maps for, Siege,MA,TD,D....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

xDarkwoodx

xDarkwoodx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Sooooo,.....I have been playing Hawken for some time now,.... :woot:

The whole thing is...Playing the different modes .....Siege,....MA,...TD,...D.....and the bot modes.

I am Getting really bored  :ermm: Playing the same maps over and over and over!

When will it be possible that we can play those modes on all maps ? ? ? ? ? ? :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

I guess the more advanced players out there might have the same question ....? or other questions about this topic as well ??

It would be awsome to finally play MA or Siege in ( Uptown )....just an example  :woot:

Opening all maps for those events should be a new idea to bring into Hawken...and for those advanced as well as smurfs a great new challenge in the game.

Hopefully this post will reach HQ.....OPEN the other maps!... :biggrin:

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Well...

The maps would have to be designed for the game mode., somewhat.

For example, there really isn't a place to put the missile silos in uptown.

What is now called bazaar and prosk used to be used for siege.  Bazaar was taken out of the rotation due to complaints of it being badly out of balance (I still liked playing siege on it tho), and Prosk was removed from the rotation starting with alpha 2, which is why you still see the AA emplacement on the maps.

• xDarkwoodx likes this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Bunker would be a cool missle assualt map though, the centre one could be used to take care of the other two by snipers or something 

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Bunker would be a cool missle assualt map though, the centre one could be used to take care of the other two by snipers or something 

Bunker is already in the rotation for missile assault.  Do you mean siege?

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Bunker is already in the rotation for missile assault.  Do you mean siege?

I don't play missle assualt or siege, so I don't know what is going on

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

They do not have all maps for all modes because they are not designed for certain game types. Meaning you can't just call a map a siege map and expect the EU stations and AA to just be in the map somewhere and call it good. It requires careful planning and placement for such things, which are done around the conception of a map. Throwing these things into pre-existing maps that weren't planned for other game types risks strategic imbalances in maps where one team is inherently at an advantage.

This means there are only 2 options: 1) redesign certain maps from the ground up, permanently changing them to be larger, more open, and/or more symmetrical, or 2) leave them as is and focus on adding new maps designed for multiple game types.

Edited by nokari, 08 April 2015 - 11:04 PM.

• xDarkwoodx likes this

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

I don't play missle assualt or siege, so I don't know what is going on

Why would you comment in this case?

Private server admins can change the game mode to Siege on Bunker. It is a horrible yet somewhat entertaining experience. There is a good reason it is not in the map rotation.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

i think the best solution would be to make mode specific versions of maps.

this would allow for more precise tweaking instead of having to accomodate all modes at once.

The existing maps don't need to be radically different if it isn't necessary.

Although having missile silos in industrial areas or living spaces sounds kinda stupid. the outskirts of these might be a better place.

EDIT: "industrial areas" being Prosk and "living spaces" being Uptown, to clarify.

Edited by BismutZornisse, 09 April 2015 - 04:05 AM.

• xDarkwoodx likes this

I have a lot of ideas and would like some feedback on them:

Suggestions for fixing things:

https://community.pl...of-suggestions/

Suggestions for new things:

https://community.pl...for-new-things/

xDarkwoodx

xDarkwoodx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Wow....Some great comments... :biggrin:

So, It would just be better if a new map is made, rather than doing the old ones.....I agree on all your comments and are great indeed.

And a pitty I was not around for the BETA and see it myself  :confused:

Still advanced players and ones that have been for the Beta version...should all try and encourage the Hawken Team for new maps with these features included.

One alone cannot do much....but a whole lot of you can :biggrin:

Its great playing Hawken on its maps...more are needed to keep up in this day of age for a online game.*me thinks* :blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users