- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

bluebaron201

bluebaron201

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I think everyone would love to see new maps in Hawken but we also know that is probably a few months away. I like to think that this time could be spent to gain feedback from the community about the theme or features the map should or could have. I know we could just list a number of places but perhaps it might be beneficial to include some artwork and map layouts. At the very least the developers can gain a sense of what the community likes, cool ideas to bounce around, and at the best a couple of maps developed by the community that only requires a few minor changes by the developers before it rolls out.

I have seen comments in other posts about maps requiring more vertical play, balanced spawns for siege and missile assault but what does that look like? Drawings, sketches, or some diagrams to show exactly how to create this sort of game play is the main goal for this thread.

Edited by bluebaron201, 09 April 2015 - 08:47 AM.

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I think this isn't a bad time to throw this out. I was going to make this post sometime next month with a drawing of my own, but now is ok. I will probably be drawing a top-down map and a texture design for a new map idea, so the developers have something to go off of.

I will have to start.
  • bluebaron201 likes this

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

Reippers

Reippers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

I do a mixture of Last Eco with Wreckage.

A ship or a bunker with several runners in the center and around a dense forest, forming labyrinths and corridors with the trees.

I know Wreckage has flowers and a ship down, down and Last Eco is a forest, in my view one has very little metal and forest, on the other much forest and little metal.

Taking the idea of living with 24 players would make a bazaar style map but with more space, a broader map to accommodate 24 players, with big giant constructs such as a aircraft carrier, a warehouse of weapons, from where you can have on the roof repear one or Sharpshooter and inside you can have an insane battle in a place with obstacles.

Are half crazy ideas, but I think that would be cool. :pirate: :teehee: :wallbash: :smile:

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Heres my idea:

http://imgur.com/43N2UAO

• Houruck, opicr0n, Meraple and 3 others like this

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

bluebaron201

bluebaron201

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I made a quick sketch of what I envision a hanger bay that is attached to a clan hall or mining base might look like. The 4 objects inside the hanger would be some sort of scaffolding system for robotic repair arms for all the damage mechs sustain from the battlefield. I would place multiple variants of the hanger on a central building that would contain the AA and use 2 hangers as EU stations. Destructible debris could be weapons from mechs or chassis parts.

http://imgur.com/9ZpoTNn

Edited by bluebaron201, 09 April 2015 - 11:37 AM.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Heres my idea:

http://imgur.com/43N2UAO

That made me laugh way harder than it should have.

I agree 100% though.

..Oh, and maybe the same for Choketown?

iDunno.

• CrimsonKaim and Pandabaron like this

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

If Bunker is removed I will cry. It is probably my favorite map. :(

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Choketown isn't bad. I only think Bunker and Bazaar need a rework.

Need I remind of the Bazaar problem?

Edited by Loglino, 09 April 2015 - 01:07 PM.

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

Mirarii

Mirarii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Bunker is horrible. It needs more congestion. More terrain and whatnot to hide/dodge/jump around. More interesting design too.

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
Why can't bunker be left alone? Why can't Uptown be left alone? I like the contrast. I like that there are maps that force me to up my game or that there are maps that I can be powerful in. But I'm a challenge seeker. That's why I play PVP centric games. But that's just me.
  • Nightfirebolt likes this

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Brooklyn77

Brooklyn77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

make a night time map with destructable lights, then sell a item in the Hawken store that is like a night vision abilitiy=bring more money into the game.

Creat a problem, sell the solution in-game.

-Dat aimbot tho-

Paradox23

Paradox23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Considering the type of game this is, I'm surprised there isn't an official "Arena" map of sorts intended for Deathmatch or TDM.  I mean yes, I know there is a Test Arena map already, and that every map is technically an enclosed space sealed off with magically appearing light barriers, but I'm talking about an actual battle arena that isn't a completely open pit that allows for intense, confined combat.  Not sure with how well it'd fit with the lore, but I'd imagine having a map based off of a sort of Proving Grounds for new mech designs controlled by autopilot AI before becoming a common battleground between Prosk and Sentium or whatever in the earlier days of Hawken wouldn't be too much of a stretch. 

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
Arena map with arena game mode. 1v1s only with spectators. The winner stays in the ring until he gets defeated.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

If Bunker is removed I will cry. It is probably my favorite map. :(

Bunker. It is probably my favorite map. :(

Bunker is probably my favorite map.

0fb.jpg

Spoiler