• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TURDxSANDWICH

TURDxSANDWICH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

First, I understand completely that this shouldn't be a high priority item.  But, stomping around in a mech across 3 screens using Surround or Eyefinity would be awesome.

There were a few posts about this on the old forums, and the devs chimed in a few times with the challenges.  Hopefully, that can be found in Ashfire's backups.  But essentially, the math for the hud was off and didn't align properly with the battlefield when stretched across three screens.

So, I have two requests.

First, make Hawken work properly across three screens.  This would be an awesome feature. 

Second, if this is not possible, at least bring back the ability to change aspect ratio from XFOV to YFOV (limit by Y axis instead of X) in the .ini.  file.  This used to be possible and would result in a correct view of the battlefield and proper aiming.  But, the HUD and cockpit would be a "stretched and zoomed" view.  This was not a perfect solution, but was absolutely playable.

Thanks for any consideration given to this by the new devs!

4wBdPaU.jpg

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
I want this badly so I can build a simpit.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

DaPheel

DaPheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

'TIS CRAZY ON THREE SCREENS.

EXPLOSIONS?

TURDxSANDWICH

TURDxSANDWICH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

So I'm definitely pushing my own agenda here, but after listening to CptnJosh's interview with Fawken Awesome on YouTube, i wonder if this might actually be one of those "specific fixes" that can help the new devs get familiar with the code.

If not, that's cool too.  Just saw the @PlayHAWKEN retweet of that other guys triple-wide set up and got excited that the issue got a little publicity.

4wBdPaU.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users