- - - - - keybinding tech support

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

aRandomWolf

aRandomWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So I recently started playing Hawken again after the dev switchover, and to my dismay my keybindings aren't working, specifically for my consumables.

I checked my bindings, and they are bound to 1, 2, and 3 primary, and F1, F2, and F3 secondary for my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd consumables.  However, in-game, hitting any of those buttons does nothing.  I'm specifically using the new fully-loaded Assault from the promo code, and none of the consumables are firing.

Has anyone else experienced this?  When I try to set the defaults back on the keybindings to re-input then, the 1, 2, and 3 key will not register when I hit the keystroke.  But it's not a computer issue-- I'm using a brand new Acer Aspire V Nitro, like only a couple months old, and the number keys and Function keys work fine both in-game in the chatbox and out of the game.

They just won't register as a keybind and they won't trigger my consumables.  What the heck is going on?

• schriss likes this

aRandomWolf

aRandomWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Well, someone messaged me a supposed fix that involves messing with my ini files, but the forums won't let me reply to him, ask him questions, or message him.  So I guess I'll post my reply here.

What is an ini file, and where is it located?  Where do I stick these lines?  I have literally zero code experience whatsoever so I dont understand more than about 20% of your fix.

• schriss likes this

schriss

schriss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have the same problem. I tried remapping one of the consumables to middle mouse button and it didn't help.

EDIT: That would explain a lot... "they can only be used in the Team Bot Deathmatch or Co-Op Bot Destruction modes. They aren't available in DM, TDM, MA, or Siege. "

Edited by schriss, 21 April 2015 - 11:35 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keybinding, tech support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users