• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

My MMR has now dropped to insane low levels since coming back. It has never been this low in 3 yrs. It is just really weird. I can play 10 matches. Our team wins 8. I come in somewhere between 1st and 3rd place. Sometime lower depending if the other team is smurfs or not. But normally 1st to 3rd. I get MVP, K/D , Assist, or most kills and for some weird reason my MMR goes down when I win. I have literally played 4 matches. Lost none. Was in 1st place two of them. Got MVP, K/D and my MMR went down 15 points. I can lose a match and it GOES UP!! What??? This is the weirdest thing I have ever had happen in Hawken ever. I started noticing it the second day I had come back when Reloaded took over the game. And I've been paying attention to it since then. In another unrelated (I think) matter they think my account has become corrupted at some point. They are checking that now. Could that have anything to do with my MMR problem. I don't really care about MMR for the most part because I play to have fun. But there are people I'd like to play again (from the old days) and my MMR now is UNDER 1400! And I can't even get in a match with them. (well unless the come down and smurf.) And I need it for War Wednesday's too. This is driving me nuts. If anyone has a magic wand and can fix this, thanks!!  HELP!!!

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

You must play in servers with higher or equal rating than your MMR in order for it to grow and not drop regardless of your performance.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

It was my understanding that MMR actually goes up/down based on the MMR of the people you kill. If you manage to kill someone of your own skill level, or someone with a higher MMR, your MMR goes up, and if you squash noobs, your MMR goes down or stays the same. Therefore the outcome of the match wouldn't matter at all.

I find that whenever I play on a 1-star server below my skill level I often come out of it with absolutely no change in my MMR, or my MMR slightly decreases. But if I spend time in a 1-star server ABOVE my skill level and manage to get some kills, my MMR increases even though I'm getting stomped.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I know all that mates but thank you for replying. And there are a lot of opinions about how MMR really works. However it does it is strange. Remember I said I have been playing three years and it did not do this before now. And yeah despite the fact that most the time I just take whatever match matchmaker hands me, I have taken the time to take only 3 star matches  and only 1 star match's and it does not seem to make any difference. That is why it is so confusing. I had my MMR up in the old days to just under 2100. Never could seem to break that barrier for some reason. But I got to play against some of the best then. It was a blast. I stayed around 1900-2000 MMR then. When I came back when Reloaded took over I didn't even bother to check my MMR. I didn't check it till Tickle said I needed it for War Wednesday. I checked and it was down to less than 1500. I was like what??? Oh well the hell with it. I can get it back up. It has never gone back to even that number now. Every once in awhile if I lose several match's it will go up a little. Like maybe 4 or 5 points. Went up 10 once. But just continues to go down despite I am getting used to playing again and winning even more matches. Sigh......where will it stop? 100 MMR?

Edited by Nov8tr, 13 April 2015 - 01:13 PM.

aEGHJsh.gif?1

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

If you're in lower MMR matches then you have to score much much higher than everyone else to get a mild MMR gain. The best way to increase your MMR is to fight against equal or higher MMR players and outperform them. Just jump in a Tech and spend every match hugging a C-class butt to inflate your score...

• LoC_TR likes this

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

^ what he said, but now with fewer words

Edited by Call_Me_Ishmael, 13 April 2015 - 01:56 PM.

• nokari likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

and then there is me, who has been playing for about 2+1/2 years and still struggles to stay at 1500 MMR

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

If you're in lower MMR matches then you have to score much much higher than everyone else to get a mild MMR gain. The best way to increase your MMR is to fight against equal or higher MMR players and outperform them. Just jump in a Tech and spend every match hugging a C-class butt to inflate your score...

"outperform" he said "jump in a tech" he said

• nokari and Luaq like this

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

I had my MMR up in the old days to just under 2100. Never could seem to break that barrier for some reason. But I got to play against some of the best then. It was a blast. I stayed around 1900-2000 MMR then. When I came back when Reloaded took over I didn't even bother to check my MMR. I didn't check it till Tickle said I needed it for War Wednesday. I checked and it was down to less than 1500. I was like what???

Strange. I have not had this experience.

Over the past year, my MMR has bounced between 2100-2200, and it is continuing to do the exact same ever since the takeover.

I dunno what to say, man. I think we really need our new benefactors to decipher and explain how MMR works to us at some point because that is quite confusing.

Edited by Nightfirebolt, 13 April 2015 - 02:46 PM.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Thanks guys, appreciated. I hate techs BUT I also realize you are right. Using a tech will raise my MMR quite a bit and much easier and faster then fighting in my normal mechs. Sigh..............damn. I have tried everything else so reluctantly I have to agree. I will drag out my fancy one. I have 6 of the dang things. I fancied one up as I like doing that to all my mechs. So it looks like I am going to have to become a Tech so I can get my MMR back up to normal again. arrgggghhhhh!!!

u3lWw.gif

angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif  AND YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!

aEGHJsh.gif?1

FlamingBeaker

FlamingBeaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

I thought that one way to keep or increase your MMR rating is to not be killed by someone with a much lower MMR than you - feels like my MMR took a nosedive until I figured that out. It didn't matter how well I played, if I let much lower MMR players kill me too many times in a match - usually in matches where the MMR spread was something like for example 1700-2500 ( and then scrimbot reports average MMR as '2100' ), my MMR would drop fast...

I played more conservatively (i.e., quit yolodiving, holding my TOW/Grenade until I see a dodge, worshiping my radar screen, etc.), and my MMR went up. Then I learned that if you get TOO conservative (not joining in the fight unless the odds are stacked), you start worrying more about your MMR and less about controlling the AA/capturing missile silos/taking risks in TDM. Game becomes less fun for all involved when people play overly conservatively to increase MMR numbers (guilty as charged), or quit mid-match to protect their K/D/A.

Someone in the old forums said that MMR should be a number you look at indifferently - there is no numeric value for 'fun'. Celebrate when it goes up, shrug when it goes down, then forget it and get back to enjoying the game. It's going to bob up and down anyway.

• Nightfirebolt likes this

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Random point that may not be all the correct and is as much guess as fact since I don't have stats and are basing it purely on opinion.

Do you think that the reason could be because of new newbie mech (Assault instead of CRT)? From what I've figured out, MMR is a ranking, so it'd have to depend on how other people around your rank are doing. From what I've seen, the Assault mech is doing newer players much good (due to it being OP *cough*). That may be affecting your MMR right now, but it really shouldn't be so dramatic. :/

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 13 April 2015 - 05:09 PM.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Not sure Dawn of Ash. Wouldn't think it would have that much affect. They are checking the database now they think my account may be corrupted. LadyTiggs is helping out and been really helpful. That would explain several of the problems I've had. I'm sure they'll get it fixed. It sure will make me a happy camper! :D

*EDIT* Oh yeah thought I'd add. LadyTiggs had me make a new acct just in case so they could transfer everything last night. I played for a few hours and my MMR was already up to 1494. It was working right. Win match go up. Lose match go down. So I think my original acct is corrupted. Sure explains why the new one is working right. :D

Edited by Nov8tr, 14 April 2015 - 12:28 PM.

aEGHJsh.gif?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users