Photo

Achievements which should be rewarded (and gives not any to you in the game right now).

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I've noticed that certain Achievements have no reward right now, as for example: 

- Crushing blow: Eliminate 10 enemies by landing on top of 'em and dealing fatal crushing damage. --> Acutally 0 XP reward.

- Die by the mech: eliminate 5.000 enemy mechs. --> 0 XP reward too.

I honestly think that these should give some reward back to you.

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

The whole achievement system needs to be re-looked at. - carefully 

HC used to be given for all awards, mostly a few hundred with the exception of longer to achieve awards like 500 kills in a mech which was 2000 ish.

This was a lever to keep people playing, try other mechs, and get hooked on the game (it helped me when that Ascension BS landed and nearly ruined the game.).

I also think certain achievements should give a pilot a small amount of MC,  just a little. Just enough to tempt someone to make a purchase, as the 1st one is always the hardest to get someone to make.

• PepeKenobi likes this

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
It would be nice to make them Steam achievement as well.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Some of HC points as a plus might be something much appreciated, indeed. At least here! :thumbsup:

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
If they could rework it to offer rewards for all achievements and make them for steam that would be totally awesome. I wonder if it would require a reset or not.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Amazia

Amazia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I've noticed that certain Achievements have no reward right now, as for example: 

- Crushing blow: Eliminate 10 enemies by landing on top of 'em and dealing fatal crushing damage. --> Acutally 0 XP reward.

- Die by the mech: eliminate 5.000 enemy mechs. --> 0 XP reward too.

I honestly think that these should give some reward back to you.

Those two achievements give icons, so they do have a reward, just not the same type.

So, aside from completionists and bragging rights, is there any point to achievements right now? The xp they give doesn't go to mechs, right?

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

@Amazia,

Correct, zero point to them.  My angle is about trying to retain players and "hook" them into playing for the longer term.  Most of these players will buy cosmetics to look cool.

I believe this can be done without ruining the economy.

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Achievements (although these do not currently give you any HC) are an incentive to the player, basically to speed up the progression of your new mechs. Also provide useful info on how are you progressing as a HAWKEN pilot. I think that they guide you during your learning curve (and progression) and I've to admit that I do mostly find achievements to be like pretty challenging as well.

Could some few achievements make you earn some HC again? Well, that would be cool. But only if that does not disturb the slightest the numbers that the devs require to keep the game alive and moving forward comfortably.

Note::: Maybe some few achievements for new pilots with some of extra HC too might be pretty interesting, IMHO.

Jakyll

Jakyll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

It would be nice to make them Steam achievement as well.

I'd defenitly like to see the ingame achievements be transferred to steam achievements! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users