• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

lo_spaghetto

lo_spaghetto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

So everyone knows the SMC, Vulcan, and AR sounds do not really match their real fire rate. I don't know if there is a point to that but personally I am not a fan. I mean, they sound good but knowing that there actually aren't that many bullets shooting out is a bummer, especially for the Vulcan. I mean cmon, I don't wanna just poke that mech, I wanna shred that thing up man.

2nd thing is the SMC and Vulcan definitely needs more bass in the sound. Right now it sounds like it could pass for a SMG, but dude it's supposed to be a Sub-machine CANNON son. My point is when I hear the weapons I wanna feel afraid, like something could have died, and that I wouldn't want to be in the sight of anyone with it. 

3rd, I know that we are in a mech, and hopefully it is somewhat sound proof in there, and maybe the weapons sounds we would be hearing are artificially generated or something, but in the future don't you think that they would have better sound quality? If the in game sounds are more 3D it would be so cool. I think battlefield does a really great job with their sound, although I do not own that game,  and  even CS GO is not too shabby. Even just making the guns and explosions sound differently when they are at different distances can make a difference.  What do you think?

• VYR3 likes this

CitkI9t.jpg

xbIxKeE.png?1

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

The g2 assault vulcan sounds so much better than the default vulcan. Give me that on the normal vulcans with deeper bass and it would be PERFECT.

Well, not really with the sound. Those sounds of things hitting you would be crazy loud, much like someone tapping on a fish tank and that kind of feeling. You have to also remember that these guns are oversized compared to their normal counterparts so the sounds are going to be a lot louder. That tow launcher is going to be making a big thump.

• TheFrostnessMonster, lo_spaghetto and VYR3 like this

Vdragon

Vdragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

The g2 assault vulcan sounds so much better than the default vulcan. Give me that on the normal vulcans with deeper bass and it would be PERFECT.

Actually, i think that the G2 vulcan sound was the original Vulcan sound, before.

• VYR3 likes this

0FAtmIq.png

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Actually, i think that the G2 vulcan sound was the original Vulcan sound, before.

It was, but they changed it for some reason.  I think the original (G2) sound is more intimidating (and more badass :yes: ).

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

It sounds atleast more like a rubber gun instead of a big long fart

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

G2 Vulcan has less complexity but better sound. Normal vulcan has better complexity but worse sound. Of course this is subjective. Mix those two things !

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

AR really needs a new sound, reminds me of shoes being dragged around by their laces. The other sounds are pretty decent, some could use a tweak here and there. I want it to sound like a war!

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
You always need moar dakka

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Am i the only one who absolutely HATES the incinerator gun sound ? i'm not sure if it's the same for all of them, but it's the one i seem to hear on every incinerator i see and it's so damn annoying. And isn't that thing supposed to be like a minigun anyway ? they shouldn't sound like that at all..

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Am i the only one who absolutely HATES the incinerator gun sound ? i'm not sure if it's the same for all of them, but it's the one i seem to hear on every incinerator i see and it's so damn annoying. And isn't that thing supposed to be like a minigun anyway ? they shouldn't sound like that at all..

What, you don't like the popcorn maker?

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

it was. they were the alpha build sounds, they got changed somewhere down the road.

lo_spaghetto

lo_spaghetto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Well, not really with the sound. Those sounds of things hitting you would be crazy loud, much like someone tapping on a fish tank and that kind of feeling. You have to also remember that these guns are oversized compared to their normal counterparts so the sounds are going to be a lot louder. That tow launcher is going to be making a big thump.

I totally agree with you on the getting hit part. Sometimes you're hit and the only way you know is cuz the health bar got lower. Definitely should be scarier.

As for the G2...I don't have the mech but the firing sound from other mechs is more like a chain gun and is not that loud. For the high dps it should be louder than the vulcan

CitkI9t.jpg

xbIxKeE.png?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users