HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Should all the wargear and items be available from startup_

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 3leggedFreak

3leggedFreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted May 20 2011 - 01:46 PM

Redvan said:

I want to see straight up player skill vs player skill.  Not: "I play more than you so I have better eq and I win haha".
I'm your #1 fan!

#42 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 20 2011 - 02:40 PM

If lets say you had to earn aesthetic doodads and decals in game.  Let the method be something that is proofed against grinding somehow.  I dunno how.  But the last thing i want to see is on entering a server, a bunch of people from both teams, grouped up, not actually playing, except to grind kill/repair/point earning each other to get a dashboard hulagirl or a skull paint decal.

because whenever there is unlockables in these kinds of multiplayer games, with an easily exploitable means of earning, anything really, that pretty much always happens.

And then you have to keep looking for other servers.
Mech time all the time

#43 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted May 21 2011 - 09:12 AM

Flyingdebris said:

If lets say you had to earn aesthetic doodads and decals in game.  Let the method be something that is proofed against grinding somehow.  I dunno how.  But the last thing i want to see is on entering a server, a bunch of people from both teams, grouped up, not actually playing, except to grind kill/repair/point earning each other to get a dashboard hulagirl or a skull paint decal.

because whenever there is unlockables in these kinds of multiplayer games, with an easily exploitable means of earning, anything really, that pretty much always happens.

And then you have to keep looking for other servers.

I'd agree, that could be a problem.  However, it'd be much less likely to see people doing that for decals as opposed to improved weapons.  But that's just imo.

Personally, I wouldn't mind staying away from leveling 100%.  If you need stats to feel good about yourself, well, there's COD for that.

#44 Mitchybape92

Mitchybape92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted May 21 2011 - 09:59 PM

like in chromehounds...you could get DLC items

#45 vesper1

vesper1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted July 18 2011 - 03:31 PM

I think there could be simply... two types of servers for Hawken (if possible).

Ladder - where you start with a basic setup and have to fight your way to the top, to get the best selection of gear

Open - where you get everything you want from the start, and it's all about your skills and team tactics
Recruiting to the Bad Luck XIII Hawken Clan - interested_ Send me a PM.
[almost there...] http://hawkenwiki.net/ (all hail Ashfire908)

#46 Incur

Incur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted July 27 2011 - 05:02 PM

My opinion is that the gear and items should be given out in a way similar to a combination TF2 (Achieves and exp.) and the standard buying guns but special weapons should be earned via the TF2 way

#47 Guru_Zeb

Guru_Zeb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted July 30 2011 - 04:34 PM

Yeah all gear should be open to all right from the start.

Wow a genuinely shocked at how many people seem to want
A: Level related extra weapons and upgrades
B: Unlockables and achievement type junk

IMHO level related gear and upgrades, do nothing to promote great games with evenly matched teams and great gameplay.
All they do is give another big boost to already experienced and capable players.
Don't some of you get it THE BONUS OF BEING A GOOD PLAYER ....... IS EXACTLY THAT.
no other bonus is needed or appropriate unless you plan on a career of pwnzin noobs.

Unlockables and achievments to me are even more pointless as if they impart gaming bonuses they produce the negative effect I outlined above.
And if they do nothing but add some custom bling then they are not worth getting excited about anyway.

Lvl gear/bonuses is all just elitist BS that often wrecks MP gameplay,
pls adhesive not in Hawken ........ leave that crap to dross like Cod

All equipment and all options should be open to everyone right from the start. So that being good at Hawken is dependent ONLY on.

A: A player choosing the right kit for the job/map/roll/gaming style,etc
B: The players hard won skills at utilising said equipment effectively.
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the juice of the Brew,
that thoughts acquire speed,
the teeth acquire stains,
the stains become a warning.
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users