HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

SELECT YOUR REGION FOR MATCHMAKING

Beta News Update

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hello Everyone

There are quite a few reports coming in about latency issues during matches. What I would like to suggest is for players to please select a specific region when using matchmaking. This can be done by using the drop down box that defaults to "All Regions" under the "Filter For..." heading. Select your region, desired game mode and finally click FIND MATCH.

Unless a region is specifically selected, players will on occasion be placed into matches outside their region, resulting in less than ideal latency. The current functionality for the "All Regions" filter is not working as intended and we apologize for the extra step needed for the time being. We're working on the issues that are standing in the way of you enjoying Hawken to its fullest potential so please keep checking the forums for updates and report on your experiences!

Thank you very much!

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#2 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:30 PM

the oceanic servers are sort of hidden away with that scroll down box, perhaps make the region selection more transparent and easy to find :D again on behalf of Drop Bears, thank you for servers in our region! thank you thank you thank you! :D

edit: we could really use a party system and now would be the perfect time to test it while we test the match maker, i made a thread regarding it, with the regions more visible in the menu and some more media exposure, i'm sure lots of us oceanic players would jump in and start having fun straight away :D

Posted Image

Edited by Spiderz, November 21 2012 - 11:43 PM.

DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#3 Entity

Entity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNiyabainen IV - Moon 1 - CNAP

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:35 PM

If I select Europe or UK I get dumped in empty games all the time. I liked being able to just pick a server.

Edited by Entity, November 21 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#4 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOTG Headquarters

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:59 PM

Yeah...I'm really hoping this gets sorted. I'd like to play with all...but it's kinda funked as of CB2....still

#5 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:59 PM

Except for Japan. Japan servers are dead. ):

#6 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 21 2012 - 07:55 PM

Oh there's Singaporean servers_ That explains the <100 Ping I got. Being in Malaysia I kinda just got used to less than optimal latency.

#7 SystemiK

SystemiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 12:20 AM

The search for a decent matchmaking system has always been a kind of "holy grail" achievement for game developers, but I think the overwhelming response that gamers have ALWAYS returned as feedback was "We don't want it. We don't need it. We won't use it."

I can't blame you for trying, but in the end I think the fact that you had to resort to disabling the server browser in order to get people to test your matchmaking option pretty much speaks for itself...

We don't want it.  We don't need it.  We won't use it.

Edited by SystemiK, November 22 2012 - 02:55 AM.

There is no time like time wasted...

#8 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted November 22 2012 - 06:21 AM

Thanking the devs for a server in Aus! :D
Playing Hawken with low ping is like playing a completly different game compared to the previous beta!
Works a treat and plays very very nice now!!  All we just need is more Auzzies on the servers! :ph34r:

Admittidly we do need tha server select tab back! It at least allows us to easily see where the populated servers are, rather than blind matchmaking and getting into empty servers.  Kind of a pain going in and out of servers across different game modes just to find a populated server.  I'd rather know in 4 clicks if it's worth trying my region rather than trying for 10 mins with fingers crossed only to come up empty.   :(
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#9 DBTRS_Pain

DBTRS_Pain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 10:24 PM

if i dont do all regions i just get dumped into empty game after empty game. server browser is needed badly

#10 Xylidya

Xylidya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostDBTRS_Pain, on November 22 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

if i dont do all regions i just get dumped into empty game after empty game. server browser is needed badly
This.

Why was the server browser taken out anyways_

#11 KyRoS

KyRoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:58 PM

Yea, as much as I love this game, I can't find anyone to play with. I get dumped in an empty server almost every time. I all for improving matchmaking, but I'd rather wait a bit longer and get put in to a game with enough people to get a game going than an empty server.

#12 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 09:38 PM

I would go with servers in my region but I'm tired of 2v2 or 3v2 matches so I go all regions in hopes of finding a more populated server.

Can we please get server browsing back_ Seriously I have no idea why you guys removed it but it is now getting to that point where it is really annoying. I hate having to bounce around from server to server hoping to find a good match or having to sit through one or two bad games before we get a good 6v6 going.

This a PC game for crying out loud, not a console game. Please bring this option back ASAP because I'm finding it difficult to play right now when I can't keep constant matches going with a good population.

Posted Image

#13 fwip

fwip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFuture Pittsburgh

Posted November 26 2012 - 12:23 PM

They removed it to test matchmaking. It will be back for Open Beta.

Edited by fwip, November 26 2012 - 12:24 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Tibster

Tibster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:39 PM

smart move, now i spend even more time getting decent games with "enough" players......frustrating stuff this matchmaking.

I want to play, not sit around half the time trying to get a game that has even number of players and does last more then 1 minute before it ends

#15 schop

schop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostKyRoS, on November 23 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Yea, as much as I love this game, I can't find anyone to play with. I get dumped in an empty server almost every time. I all for improving matchmaking, but I'd rather wait a bit longer and get put in to a game with enough people to get a game going than an empty server.

Usually takes me 30 mins to find a decent game. Best way is to join a friend who has actually found a server with players on it...

#16 Nalim26

Nalim26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 02:29 AM

I was pumped when i first got  beta key it just sucks that i havent been able too play one game it looks really good but i cant really do much got play it

#17 Enigma427

Enigma427

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 09:29 AM

View Post[ADH]HUGHES, on November 21 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Unless a region is specifically selected, players will on occasion be placed into matches outside their region, resulting in less than ideal latency. The current functionality for the "All Regions" filter is not working as intended and we apologize for the extra step needed for the time being.

Now, it looks like the "All Regions" option has been removed entirely. . .  I don't know, latency can be a pain, but at least I could play. Today, I can't find anyone. I've tried quite a few times in both my actual region (US East) and a few others, but I've never run into anymore than 1 other player. In both of those instances, they dropped out right away too. So without that all regions choice, or a server browser, I can't play at all.

Previously, I could usually find a decently populated match after a couple of tries, but now nothing at all. Anyone else having this problem_

#18 Viper67

Viper67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted November 30 2012 - 07:15 AM

Well, in Europe servers, most of time I play alone or not at all...
Ridiculous ...
All regions is needed...
Also, when we are alone, the game should end...
Posted Image

#19 mechpilot0101

mechpilot0101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 07:20 AM

Seriously, why the matchmaking_ It's horrible, it's console stuff, any good MP game on pc use the server browser. Don't test it, remove it.
I'm trying to play a good game but I find only empty servers or with 2/3 people.

#20 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted December 03 2012 - 03:42 PM

Can I just say that I miss the Server List.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users