HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 blocking files

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Red_Devil

Red_Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 06:31 AM

Grettings:

Today i can't play HAWKEN because my Kaspersky internet security 2013 is marking almost all files with a "not-a-virus.AdWare.Win32.Bromngr.a" malware and blocking the game. I've posted in their forum the problem and waiting for a response, but i'm sure it must be a false positive.

Have you any idea about this problem or a solution while i wait_ I've included the files in my allow files and omit them but no helping, are totally blocked :S

#2 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 06:58 AM

Solution_ Stop using Kaspersky and use something better like MSE

#3 BinZwieda

BinZwieda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted November 23 2012 - 07:15 AM

ok, let´s all uninstall our kasperskys, cause juicebox tells us to do so.

uhm... no.
:P

this is beta3 now and kaspersky starts to complain about adware.
it may be a false positive... but for sure i aint gonna change my config, cause 1 user recommends it.

juicebox, sorry, no offense.
but this need´s to be taken a look at by some "officials".

#4 Red_Devil

Red_Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 07:40 AM

I have tried to send them the files, but allways the upload option stop working, so please, someone from support talk to them for fixing the problem. Thanks a lot

#5 dustyjerk

dustyjerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 07:47 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 23 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

This must be a joke, man :D This simply isn't a solution!

Posted Image

Intel Core i7 2600K Noctua NH-C14 ASUS Geforce GTX 670 DirectCU II 4x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 CL8

#6 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 23 2012 - 07:51 AM

lol...here we go again....

Posted Image

#7 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 23 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostRed_Devil, on November 23 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

Grettings:

Today i can't play HAWKEN because my Kaspersky internet security 2013 is marking almost all files with a "not-a-virus.AdWare.Win32.Bromngr.a" malware and blocking the game. I've posted in their forum the problem and waiting for a response, but i'm sure it must be a false positive.

Have you any idea about this problem or a solution while i wait_ I've included the files in my allow files and omit them but no helping, are totally blocked :S
Just ignore them. Its a yellow alert advising you of a ''potential'' security breach or a new type of files extension not in the approved list of Kaspersky. The KSN ( Kaspersky Security network ) will get theses alert and ajust their knownvirus database to put those into exceptions.

Again Yellow warning are not a big threat, simply a warning. Also I think KAV is better then KIS. You dont really need a 3rd firewall since windows and router already acts like one.

Similar thread here :
http://community.pla...contains-virus/

Edited by HellRik, November 23 2012 - 07:56 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Red_Devil

Red_Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 08:05 AM

You must think you're funny, and MSE is  in comparison with Kaspersky is like to compare a Fiat car with a Ferrari

Edited by Red_Devil, November 23 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#9 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 08:06 AM

View PostRed_Devil, on November 23 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

You must think you're funny, and MSE is fuzzy bunny in comparison with Kaspersky

Afraid not. Kaspersky is highly overrated

#10 aethernet

aethernet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcyberspace

Posted November 23 2012 - 08:24 AM

Better yet dont use AV like I do and stop wasting CPU cycles altogether. :P
mecha srw anime vg gundam vocaloid touhou programming etc

#11 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 23 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 23 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Afraid not. Juicebox's opinion is highly overrated

There I fixed it ! ;)

Edited by HellRik, November 23 2012 - 08:51 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Black_Venom

Black_Venom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:15 AM

have the same problem but even if i add to exceptions i am still unable to play game.

once i add to exceptions i can click launch again but nothing happens.  on my 3rd cycle of delete and install

#13 -Lone_Wolf-

-Lone_Wolf-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:15 AM

yes i have a posted on another thread also thats is regarding the launch of the game and kaspersky giving the same exact warning but in my case kaspersky was not letting me launch for some reason so I just turned it off completly, that was yesterday and today, even with my kasperksy off i can not launch the game again. No idea whats wrong but fiddling around till i can find an answer.

Edited by -Lone_Wolf-, November 23 2012 - 09:16 AM.

#14 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:24 AM

View Post-Lone_Wolf-, on November 23 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

yes i have a posted on another thread also thats is regarding the launch of the game and kaspersky giving the same exact warning but in my case kaspersky was not letting me launch for some reason so I just turned it off completly, that was yesterday and today, even with my kasperksy off i can not launch the game again. No idea whats wrong but fiddling around till i can find an answer.

Generally when a av program blocks something unwanted it may delete the file too which could be why it's not working.

#15 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:30 AM

View Post-Lone_Wolf-, on November 23 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Go into KIS configs and add all .exe from the game's folder.

HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping
C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32

HawkenLauncher
C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFiles

Edit: also ...what version of KIS are you using_

Generally when a av program blocks something unwanted it may delete the file too which could be why it's not working.

Only if he clicked on delete in this case.

Edited by HellRik, November 23 2012 - 09:35 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Red_Devil

Red_Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:16 AM

LOL, now i can enter but it ask me again for my email and password into the game, i enter them and it says server not available....

#17 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:44 AM

You don't have too many options here.

Other users have successfully gotten Kapersky's to back off from Hawken. You're going to have to find a way to replicate their success.

Change your AV. This seems to result in so much rage that I don't even want to start this spiel again. I'll go start some frak in Off-Topic if I feel like arguing AVs. About it not being a solution - well technically it still is one.

And I don't think Meteor Entertainment has any particular obligation to make the game more Kapersky's friendly, simply put. Both are personal pieces of software you chose to install, and its mostly up to you to deal with it. Now if most of the AVs out on the market were giving an alarm, then yes something has probably gone pretty damn wrong, but this isn't the case however. You can fault Hawken for it, but you can just about as easily fault Kapersky's.

Edited by Dreizehn, November 23 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#18 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:17 AM

Re-installing (in administrator mode) the game while disableing (ANY) your antivirus might solve the problem for launch. ( it may have deleted some necessary files if you clicked once on ''always do this or that'' on another similar alert in your AV.

Once the installation is done, make sure you put all exe from the game folder into exceptions.

Just dont follow easy (not to say dumb) solution like removeing your AV JUST because 1 said it. Geez Soo many internet trolls

Edit: make sure all windows updates are done and your graphic card drivers are up to date. How many times have I seen Windows XP SP2/Windows vista SP1/and windows 7 w/o service packs trying to play recent games. In thoses PCs might go wrong but you can't blame your AV everytime.

Edited by HellRik, November 23 2012 - 11:21 AM.

Posted Image

#19 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:24 AM

Nobody told him to remove is av software.... It was a suggestion to replace. You shouldn't have to go through this fuzzy bunny to play a game and kaspersky is well known to cause issues like this constantly.

#20 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:42 AM

What I did was to give him what he needed to make the game work. You simply offered a solution ( still not proven yet ) to let him play giving a potential shitload of other problems afterwards. Will you solve all his issues after_ I guess not. Installaing and configuring a AV software is part of it. Want want low easy fast configs...hell ya go with MSE. You better simply rely on Windows Defender in that case.

Since you and I don't know him personnally, I will never advise anyone to remove a trusty AV over some free fuzzy bunny. You will not ( and ever ) convince me that MSE is better in security then Kaspersky ( talking about the antivirus version here, not the KIS ) Is true that KIS is more then often a pain to normal users. I will sell it only to thoses who want a better parental control over the net.

I came in this thread to give him direct solution. I am not blaming the game designers nor the AV.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users