HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Audio issue

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 h0rus

h0rus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 02:29 PM

Again, from beta 1 to 3 :D

i t a l i a n s do it b e t t e r

#2 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 23 2012 - 03:00 PM

Reporting a bug needs you to ...well..report something. :P

With exemples, evidences, videos , Screnshots. or whatever.
Or it will end up into a ghost thread.

Edited by HellRik, November 23 2012 - 03:00 PM.

Posted Image

#3 LeeroyJenkins

LeeroyJenkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:19 PM

i have an audio issue as well but mine consists of when i minimize the game and reopen it it does not play sound when i am in a multiplayer game... but in the menu it plays just fine... its not so terrible that i wont play but its a slight inconvenience  when i cant hear whats going on and  where yknow_

#4 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostLeeroyJenkins, on November 23 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

i have an audio issue as well but mine consists of when i minimize the game and reopen it it does not play sound when i am in a multiplayer game... but in the menu it plays just fine... its not so terrible that i wont play but its a slight inconvenience  when i cant hear whats going on and  where yknow_

If you do TabOut often, I suggest you run in Windowed mode ( with borderless option ), maybe will solve the sound issues you are having.

Posted Image

#5 PrimeMind

PrimeMind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 08:17 PM

When I was in the audio options, the game started.  I only heard popping in the menus and the match.

#6 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:05 PM

Audio Missing
  • I just had this bug today, too. Two pops when I click "Launch" and then nothing in-game. Menu sounds worked, but not in-game audio. Thought it would fix itself by the next match, but it didn't. Had to restart to fix it.
  • Summary: Audio in menu works, but in-game audio does not. Two poping sounds heard after "Launch" button is clicked, but nothing more.
  • Steps to Reproduce: Match was loaded, then audio stopped working. Unsure how to reproduce.
  • Frequency: Just once so far. Will report back if I run into it again.
  • Severity: 4
  • Additional Notes: I rated the severity 4 because the sound is a huge part of the immersion. I felt like I wasn't "in" the game when the sound was missing. Would have rated it 5 if I ran into it again, but so far nothing.
  • System Specs: Win 7 64-bit, 8GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 560, Linksys WRT120N router, and Scientific Atlanta modem (not sure what model).

Edited by -Tj-, November 23 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#7 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:55 PM

View Post-Tj-, on November 23 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Audio Missing
  • I just had this bug today, too. Two pops when I click "Launch" and then nothing in-game. Menu sounds worked, but not in-game audio. Thought it would fix itself by the next match, but it didn't. Had to restart to fix it.
  • Summary: Audio in menu works, but in-game audio does not. Two poping sounds heard after "Launch" button is clicked, but nothing more.
  • Steps to Reproduce: Match was loaded, then audio stopped working. Unsure how to reproduce.
  • Additional Notes: I rated the severity 4 because the sound is a huge part of the immersion. I felt like I wasn't "in" the game when the sound was missing. Would have rated it 5 if I ran into it again, but so far nothing.
  • System Specs: Win 7 64-bit, 8GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 560, Linksys WRT120N router, and Scientific Atlanta modem (not sure what model).
I get this bug maybe one in every 5-7 games I'm in. It's extremely annoying since I time my attacks based on dodge sounds, turret drops, and other audio queues.

At this point I just apologize and quit when it happens.

#8 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:00 PM

Same issue here, 5-7 matches in, when the next map loads, audio will cut out and end up being just a loud popping noise. Menu sounds are fine, but have to quit out and reopen the game to get my multiplayer audio back.

#9 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 24 2012 - 06:35 AM

I run a X-fi extreme audio sound card. In 4 days I never had any audio problems.
Are you all running on integrated audio chips_

Posted Image

#10 Reiker

Reiker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 06:52 AM

I have the exact same problem as -TJ-, and i have had it a couple of times now in beta 3. The issue resolves itself when you restart the entire game, and appears to appear at random when you join a multiplayer game.

I'm running updated version of windows 7 on my Macbook Pro 15" Retina 2,3Ghz, 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD, and i have an integrated audio chip.

#11 MightyDWC

MightyDWC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 09:14 AM

Same problem here. 2 or 3 loud pops then no sound. Popping sound after I die and hit deploy. Sound returns after exiting match.

System:
AMD Phenom 2 x6 OC'ed to 3.6ghz
8 gigs DDR3 running 16000
GTX 560 TI
Windows 7 64
Logitek G930 headset.

#12 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 24 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'd like to know when that is happening to you guys if you go into the game options and play a little bit with the audio levels ( like raising it a bit ) then save ( apply ) before exiting, is the audio coming back at all_

Posted Image

#13 gibborim_empi

gibborim_empi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 10:59 AM

i'm using headphones, and hawken still uses the main audio

#14 gibborim_empi

gibborim_empi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 11:01 AM

nevermind, i restarted and it works fine now. but keep it in mind, that there's a "hole" somewhere with the headphones thing ;)

#15 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostHellRik, on November 24 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

I'd like to know when that is happening to you guys if you go into the game options and play a little bit with the audio levels ( like raising it a bit ) then save ( apply ) before exiting, is the audio coming back at all_
I messed with the audio settings when this happened thinking maybe it would kickstart something, but no luck (didn't see a save/apply button for audio, either). I'm using the integrated audio on my Gigabyte motherboard (Z68A-D3H-B3)

#16 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 24 2012 - 01:32 PM

View Post-Tj-, on November 24 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

View PostHellRik, on November 24 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

I messed with the audio settings when this happened thinking maybe it would kickstart something, but no luck (didn't see a save/apply button for audio, either). I'm using the integrated audio on my Gigabyte motherboard (Z68A-D3H-B3)

Its more then obvious Beta might be the reason why audio sometimes bugs, but looking at the lastest audio drivers from your motherboard website and installing DirectX (end user) from Microsoft website might not hurts. :)

Edit: I've moticed that the background music while tabbed out, I lose the sound until I click back on the game screen. I played numerous games where you still here the soundtrack while browsing the web or w/e. Looks like there is some low rights on soundcard from the game audio settings.

Are their audio recorded in layer_ are they streaming one link for audio, fx, voicecomms and music_ Are the devs active in the forums_ :P Just asking because in 4 days I've seen 1 dev reply in 1 thread. :P

Edited by HellRik, November 24 2012 - 02:22 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Takachan

Takachan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:58 AM

View Post-Tj-, on November 23 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Audio Missing
someone was chatting the whole damn game and many were complaining to mute. game ended. popping and similar results as reported here. This has only happened to me once and I've been playing since Beta 2. (speakers + integrated auio)

#18 virella

virella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:38 PM

had this happen once but in the middle of a match took a barrrage of hellfire missiles died, when going back out had the two pops and no sound effects, dont know about voice chat no one was using it, but had utter silence durring the round, changing the audio settings doesnt do anything

System Specs: Win 7 64-bit, intel I7 975 quad core, 12GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 295, creative sb x-fi sound card.
Posted Image

#19 matsnake

matsnake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 04:10 AM

Just want to say that today i had a problem with the left audio channel.

I'm using a 5.1 sourround system and for all the match time the left channel didn't work and made silly noises... (bzzzzz fiiiiiiiii  bzzzz etc..))

#20 GatNic3

GatNic3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostPrimeMind, on November 23 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

When I was in the audio options, the game started.  I only heard popping in the menus and the match.
Bug:
Loss of Sound (Due to other players' VoiP settings_)

Symptom:
Just got this error in our last match.  Think it surfaces from "voice activiation" setting being enabled in the audio under VoiP.  I went to desktop to chk on the "Sound Mixer"(Win7 x64) and noticed that while not hearing sound the volume indicator was fully green-lit.  Meaning (HAWKEN) sound was being decoded but not reproduced as the sounds were only the "blip" from quote above.

Replicated:
  Seems other members are experiencing the same glitch and it affects multiple players when occurring.

Severity: Five

Edited by GatNic3, November 26 2012 - 10:26 AM.

-The Oracle: AMD FX-8350 @4.4Ghz 1.404v
  12GB DDr3 1600 8-8-8-25-34 1T/890FX SB/2x RADEON HD5770
  Win 7x64 SP1/WD Raptor 150GB SATA HDD/1.5TB 7200rpm SATA HDD  
  Logitech Gaming Class M/KB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users