HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Audio issue

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 11:24 AM

View Post-Tj-, on November 23 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Audio Missing
  • I just had this bug today, too. Two pops when I click "Launch" and then nothing in-game. Menu sounds worked, but not in-game audio. Thought it would fix itself by the next match, but it didn't. Had to restart to fix it.
  • Summary: Audio in menu works, but in-game audio does not. Two poping sounds heard after "Launch" button is clicked, but nothing more.
  • Steps to Reproduce: Match was loaded, then audio stopped working. Unsure how to reproduce.
  • Frequency: Just once so far. Will report back if I run into it again.
  • Severity: 4
  • Additional Notes: I rated the severity 4 because the sound is a huge part of the immersion. I felt like I wasn't "in" the game when the sound was missing. Would have rated it 5 if I ran into it again, but so far nothing.
  • System Specs: Win 7 64-bit, 8GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 560, Linksys WRT120N router, and Scientific Atlanta modem (not sure what model).

Just to update this:
  • Steps to Reproduce: Uncertain. Seems to happen randomly, and carries over from match to match. Does not seem to affect the menu screens.
  • Frequency: 3 occurrances yesterday, over the course of maybe 10 games.
  • Severity: 5
  • Additional Notes: Rated 5 now due to frequency. It could be my audio driver as was pointed out by HellRik, so I'll try that out and see if it happens again. Given the strange rarity of the problem, I'm not certain the audio drivers are to blame, since it had not occurred at all for several days, then suddenly occurred in two days in a row.

#22 virella

virella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 05:02 PM

had this happen again today, no sound, a friend of mine was in the same game but his was working fine, alt-tab out no sound output being seen on any devises in sound, changing outputs had no effect, only fix was restarting hawken.
Posted Image

#23 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 26 2012 - 06:17 PM

Audio Missing
  • I just had this bug today, too. Two pops when I click "Launch" and then nothing in-game. Menu sounds worked, but not in-game audio. Thought it would fix itself by the next match, but it didn't. Had to restart to fix it.
  • Summary: Audio in menu works, but in-game audio does not. Two poping sounds heard after "Launch" button is clicked, but nothing more.
  • Steps to Reproduce: Match was loaded, then audio stopped working. Unsure how to reproduce.
  • Additional Notes: I rated the severity 4 because the sound is a huge part of the immersion. I felt like I wasn't "in" the game when the sound was missing. Would have rated it 5 if I ran into it again, but so far nothing.
  • System Specs: Win 7 64-bit, 8GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 560, Linksys WRT120N router, and Scientific Atlanta modem (not sure what model).

Get this issue at times, very intermittent, there doesn't seem to be any logic in it, it pops up during the game sometimes, other times it starts during the synch to the server from the lobby, and every now and again it happens after a round ends...
Very weird.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#24 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 26 2012 - 09:12 PM

Finally for the 1st time I've experienced this bug.
My lil'finger tells me its related to the comms system. As if someone's mic was on ( cause I could hear mumbling in the back ground. ) I did make sure mine was unplugged and put configs to ''push-to-talk'' once again.

Still had to restart the entire game to get rid of it.
1st time in 4 days intensive play.

Posted Image

#25 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:23 PM

I don't know if anyone here mentioned this, but the audio 'popping' and then disappearing happens mostly on the map Andromeda for me. I can't remember if it happens on other maps, but I always remember Andromeda. A friend also confirmed it happens to him on this map as well.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#26 OverWolf

OverWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationMy mech, kicking back with fine wine.

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:37 PM

Just popping in here to say that while it's only happened to me once during my time playing Hawken from CB2 to CB3, it's indeed a huge disruption in the immersion and it would be great if this issue gets fixed.  It's been a case of absolute silence for me besides the occasional second of sound I get before it mutes itself again.

I can't put my finger on what may have caused it.  I wasn't on Andromeda as Culex had stated, and honestly I was just playing as I always play, not pulling any crazy stunts with streaming software, microphones, audio and whatnot.  I'll keep an eye peeled for map specific occurrences though.

Edited by OverWolf, November 26 2012 - 10:38 PM.

Posted Image
This is the Prelude to a New Revolution
Main Mech: Brawler; Secondary Mech: SharpShooter

#27 CaptainDayman

CaptainDayman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 03:22 PM

I've been experiencing the audio popping as well, had it for about 4 straight matches. I wouldn't leave because the competition was pretty good :P I tried to alt-tab out to see if it would help during those four matches but no luck.

The problem was fixed when I finally quit, rebooted the game and played a match again.

Edited by CaptainDayman, November 27 2012 - 03:23 PM.

Normally light-hearted, 'till you get in my crosshairs.

#28 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostCulex, on November 26 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

I don't know if anyone here mentioned this, but the audio 'popping' and then disappearing happens mostly on the map Andromeda for me. I can't remember if it happens on other maps, but I always remember Andromeda. A friend also confirmed it happens to him on this map as well.
Agreed. It seems like every time it happens, it happens on Andromeda to me. Sounds will be there if I quit back to menu, but if I try to rejoin the match, it'll be silent again, so it forces a quit and game re-launch.

Also, I don't have an integrated soundcard, I have a real one (Asus Xonar DX) so it's not down to integrated audio.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#29 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 27 2012 - 06:48 PM

It seems to happen most often when the map switches to Prosk, i've had it happen 3 times in the last 2 days, every time when switching to Prosk.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#30 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 27 2012 - 09:56 PM

I have the audio bug where you hear two pops and then the sound drops out completely, I have to restart the game to fix the issue. Not sure what causes it..

#31 Marauder66

Marauder66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:21 PM

Prosk for me also, happened to two of us just as we entered the map.

Posted Image

HOP ON

#32 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 28 2012 - 04:38 PM

Like I said earlier on another post, this bug isnt related to any PC settings after all.. Its the game itself. I have noticed something interesting..any other games I play atm are still playing the background sound while I am tab-out. For some reason Hawken is not. I suspect something ( with a lack of better word to use ) related to admin rights on sound layer. Something like its not taking proper layer in Windows or realted to ingame comms system as one user said ( push to talk not working )

Edited by HellRik, November 28 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Posted Image

#33 Gunhed

Gunhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationIsland 8JO

Posted November 29 2012 - 03:30 PM

Well..Im here since Alpha and I was good till today..no options changed..just muted my gameplay out of nowhere..deamn..

#34 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted November 29 2012 - 05:21 PM

Just experienced the same bug myself.  Two pops when click launch, and no other audio besides that.  Audio came back when I quit to main menu, although my sync broke and I had to reset the game.

I am using onboard sound (MSI 890 FXA-GD65) with RealTek audio drivers.
Awesome Sentium logo in my avatar by erathic

#35 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 29 2012 - 07:51 PM

There are times where the Comm system stays on even tho you mute EVERYONE. Seriously fix this ...not sure I wanna hear that again. :S

Posted Image

#36 Stealth_303

Stealth_303

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 01 2012 - 04:39 PM

View Post-Tj-, on November 26 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Audio Missing

Just to update this:
  • Steps to Reproduce: Uncertain. Seems to happen randomly, and carries over from match to match. Does not seem to affect the menu screens.
  • Additional Notes: Rated 5 now due to frequency. It could be my audio driver as was pointed out by HellRik, so I'll try that out and see if it happens again. Given the strange rarity of the problem, I'm not certain the audio drivers are to blame, since it had not occurred at all for several days, then suddenly occurred in two days in a row.

+1

In addition:

Severity: 6  | I am getting this frequently, and have to restart my client to solve the issue. Very fraustrating.
Posted Image

#37 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 02:08 AM

View Post-Tj-, on November 26 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Audio Missing

Just to update this:
Adding another update:
  • Summary: To add to what's already been said, the audio cuts after two "pops" before the game starts, but player mics appear to be unaffected. Seems to be related to the comm system. I was able to play an entire TDM match without game sounds while a teammate keep us together as a group.
  • Frequency: 1 occurance today, 1 yesterday.
  • Additional Notes: This can be a huge detriment to the game since the audio is so integral with the combat. If I can't hear weapons discharging, I can't tell where the action is as easily, which can reduce situational awareness and reaction time. While I'm not so big on stat building, it does kinda ruin the fun.

#38 zapatista

zapatista

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostLeeroyJenkins, on November 23 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

i have an audio issue as well but mine consists of when i minimize the game and reopen it it does not play sound when i am in a multiplayer game... but in the menu it plays just fine... its not so terrible that i wont play but its a slight inconvenience  when i cant hear whats going on and  where yknow_

I had the same issue; it began after I alt-tabbed to my browser.

Windows 7
8GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5670

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users