HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestions/Ideas Master List

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#1 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 13 2011 - 01:36 AM

Please see this post regarding the future/fate of this thread.

I figure having a main list of all the ideas and suggestions would be a nice reference, and also make it easier to see what discussions are going on and such. Below is a categorized list of the suggestions, ideas, and requests that have been made.

Last Updated: 04/15/2012 13:54 CST (UTC-6)
News and Updates

Legend:
Topics that are starred * are an important topic for the category.
Topics with a [p] mark have a poll.
Topics with a {I} mark things that are currently in the game/have been added.
Topics are ordered by importance in their category

**Important topics**
These are a list of very important topics that should be checked out.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] FAQ - Please Read Before Posting! - A short FAQ on Hawken.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium - Detailed listing of special abilities for mechs to have. Excludes primary weapons.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] The Weapon Suggestion Thread! - Listing of proposed primary weapons.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] "List of Options and Features I'd like to see in Hawken" - Another listing of requested features for the game.
Game Mechanics/Balance
Gameplay mechanics and things relating to game balance. If it has to do with gameplay, and it didn't fit elsewhere, this is where it goes.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Being outside of the mech as Human * [p]
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Temporary Invisability *
    [*:zxvd2q9z] On visual cues for mech stats
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Potential idea for respawn system - Ejector seat! - Quicker respawn if you eject
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Shields_ - Metal Plate Shields
    [*:zxvd2q9z] On Cooldowns.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] On Tactical Radar Pings [p] - Radar ping to signal teammates
    [*:zxvd2q9z] On Taunts [p]
    [*:zxvd2q9z] On observers (Spectators): The good and the bad.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] On Rear-view mirrors [p]
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Customizable Battleships / Battleships General - What to do while dumping resources
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Heavy Class Mechs (Daishi) - Heavy quadrupedal (four-legged) mech
Movement and Targeting
Whether it be how fast you can move, the operation of targeting, or special moves that can be used, Discussion of such nature are placed here.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] "Suggested extra features" - Discussion of special movements (dash, shutdown)
    [*:zxvd2q9z] On crazy new moves =) - Assortment of special moves
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Suggestion: Airborne Thruster / Airbreak
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Transformable Mech
    [*:zxvd2q9z] On Mech movement and aim - Class-based moving accuracy differences
Weapons
Ideas and suggestions for/about weapons not listed in the weapon suggestion thread.
For non-primary weapons (abilities, etc), see the Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Melee Weapon = awesome sauce. * - Melee with weapon (sword, saw, etc)
    [*:zxvd2q9z] The weapons don't have the same charm of the other design - Discussion on how the guns are not/could be 'signature' weapons (ones that are memorable).
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Plasma/Energy Weapons
Damage Systems
How damage is dealt, how it is applied, and how to recover from it.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Limb damage_ * [p]
    [*:zxvd2q9z] No OneHit please *
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Collision Damage * - Melee via collision, death from above, etc.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Mech Repair/Recovery System, how should it work_ *
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Some ideas on damage - Ideas on how to handle damage
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Separate Pilot Health from Mech Health
Customization
Colors and patterns, weapon configuration, armor... If it's related to customization, it goes here.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] customization *
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Paint Job - Customization. *
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Cockpit customizing_ *
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Customizable balancing of armor/health - Balance armor and mobility, distribute between legs and chassis.
Game Modes
Topics covering different game modes
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Off-Line Training Mode {I}
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Co-op Survival_
Campaign/Single Player
Discussion and ideas relating to a Single Player/Campaign mode
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Blown away, but this cant be MP only.. Single player a MUST
    [*:zxvd2q9z] How a campaign/singleplayer could be achieved - Discussion on the possible ways of implementing a single player mode
Multiplayer Features
Features in the game strictly relating to multiplayer (how it operates, multiplayer game modes)
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Multiplayer: Crossing the console voids - Cross-platform Multiplayer Support
Maps/Environment
Map design and location, things happening in the environment, interaction with the map, etc.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Night combat_ * [p]
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Natural Terrain_ [p]
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Destructible Environments
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Moving Cars/Vehicles on maps_ [p] {I} - Inclusion of actively moving cars and vehicles in the maps during gameplay
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Scripted Dynamic Geometry for MP and SP maps - Movable parts of the map (eg bridges, doors, sliding walls).
    [*:zxvd2q9z] On maps: ( Part I ) - Map with meteors falling, more day and night discussion
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Map Suggestion: UNSS Unity (Name pending)
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Story - Suggested backstory for the game
Video/Audio Support/Features
Anything having to do with the type of video and audio output resides here.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Multi-Screen Support_
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Dual Monitor Support - Old multiple screens topic
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Eyefinity/nvidia surround support
Visuals/UI
How stuff is drawn in the game, the UI/HUD for the game (including sound effects for the HUD)
    [*:zxvd2q9z] On Death Animations
    [*:zxvd2q9z] about the kill message
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Every true mech game must have this - Computerized announcer voice (eg mech status updates, events happening in the match)
    [*:zxvd2q9z] My view on views - Various proposed ideas abd thoughts relating to views (cockpit, UI, etc)
Input/Interface Features
Things relating to the interface between the player and the platform (input devices, interfaces, communication).
    [*:zxvd2q9z] In game Communications
    [*:zxvd2q9z] MUTE!!!!!!!
    [*:zxvd2q9z] PC - Joystick_
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Simplified controls
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Kinect Support Mmmmmmm_!_!
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Request: Colorblind Options
Clans
Anything having to do with clans goes here.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Clans
    [*:zxvd2q9z] clans (Oldest topic evar!)
Everything else
Stuff that doesn't fit in any of the other categories
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Collectors Edition
Mixed Discussion
These are the topics where people listed like 5 different things at once, going through their "everything I'd like in the game" list.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] summary of important things [I] want for the game - OP: Cross-platform gameplay, destructible terrain, customization, flying.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Suggestions, things you want to see and ideas for Hawken - OP: Bots, perks, flying, map variety, environmental hazards. Others include: In-depth customization, clans.
    [*:zxvd2q9z] Some thoughts and suggestion after watching the e3 demo vid - OP: Ideas regarding the Battleship, Diminished regen ability over time, Map editor/mission designer, Misc other things
If you think a topic should be added (or removed) from this list, let me know!

Edited by Ashfire908, October 28 2012 - 02:15 AM.

Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#2 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted May 13 2011 - 06:01 AM

Great topic. Really nice and organized.

#3 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 13 2011 - 10:34 AM

-- Post to be hijacked in the future --

Edit: <- Ignore this edit.
------------
Original Post:

Jack Dandy said:

Great topic. Really nice and organized.
Thanks. While it's nowhere near as comprehensive as the Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium, I still think it will be of good use for say people starting new topics to see if there's already been a topic for it (though some of the topics listed are a bit stale).

I did this at like 4 am, so I might have missed some. I deliberately omitted some topics that didn't go anywhere, though I was just quickly glancing at the topics. Let me know if I screwed up somewhere. :)
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#4 SickDownlink

SickDownlink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted May 13 2011 - 01:26 PM

don't know if you wanted to add this tread.

http://forums.adhesi...c.php_f=7&t=214
10000100010010010011101000101000 : SickDownlink
Posted Image

#5 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 13 2011 - 04:10 PM

SickDownlink said:

I saw that one and thought it probably belonged in the Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium rather than here (actually I thought it was already in the SESC). If you can't get it in there or don't want to, I can put it here. I just don't want to have the two topics overlap. Honestly though I think it would be better in the SESC because it would get more info than here where I just provide a link to the topic (I might be changing that in the future though).

#6 Porcupine

Porcupine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted May 13 2011 - 04:13 PM

Nice thread. Keep up the good work.

#7 SickDownlink

SickDownlink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted May 14 2011 - 11:27 AM

SickDownlink said:

I don't think it will make it onto that list so if you want you can post it here, thanks.
10000100010010010011101000101000 : SickDownlink
Posted Image

#8 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 14 2011 - 11:50 AM

SickDownlink said:

SickDownlink said:

I don't think it will make it onto that list so if you want you can post it here, thanks.

I think it will (it's only been a day), but I'll place it here until it gets added.

#9 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 14 2011 - 05:30 PM

Well, this is somehow one general approach to the general topics posted on here. So I do give to this my support as well. I'm amazed on the huge amount of feedback apported on this forum branch. That's cool, indeed! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#10 HappyApathy1

HappyApathy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted May 15 2011 - 08:56 AM

very nice, like how you worded my equipment thread as excluding primary weapons  8-)

#11 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 22 2011 - 01:04 PM

I updated the list with some new topics (including the weapons thread).

Besides this post being a bump, I'd like to take this time to suggest the mods sticky this post, the special equipment suggestions compendium, and the weapon suggestion thread. All three of these topics are important and should be prominently display at the top so newcomers to the forums can get up to speed faster on the ideas that have been proposed, and join in on ongoing discussions, rather than starting new separate topics and fragmenting the discussion.

#12 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted May 22 2011 - 01:15 PM

Ashfire908 said:

I'd like to take this time to suggest the mods sticky this post, the special equipment suggestions compendium, and the weapon suggestion thread.
Sure thing. ;)

#13 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 22 2011 - 03:34 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

Ashfire908 said:

I'd like to take this time to suggest the mods sticky this post, the special equipment suggestions compendium, and the weapon suggestion thread.
Sure thing. ;)
Nice, Thanks!

#14 Man_Eating_Boar

Man_Eating_Boar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted May 23 2011 - 05:36 PM

Hey mate, would it be possible if you could add my suggestion:
http://forums.adhesi...99&p=1677#p1677

To the gameplay suggestions in the first post_

#15 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 23 2011 - 06:00 PM

Man Eating Boar said:

Yeah I saw that and i've been thinking if I wanted to include it. It was borderline in my mind, but the topic name change pushed it over to the side of yes. Added to the list.

#16 Man_Eating_Boar

Man_Eating_Boar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted May 23 2011 - 06:14 PM

Ashfire908 said:

Man Eating Boar said:

Yeah I saw that and i've been thinking if I wanted to include it. It was borderline in my mind, but the topic name change pushed it over to the side of yes. Added to the list.

Yeah, I guess I was sort've pushing it a bit too far with that name..

#17 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 30 2011 - 07:15 AM

Feel free to add to the list these 2 suggestions I made long time ago on here.

viewtopic.php_f=7&t=59

( Moderate speed run and focused mechanical jump ) :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#18 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 30 2011 - 01:45 PM

The_Silencer said:

Feel free to add to the list these 2 suggestions I made long time ago on here.

viewtopic.php_f=7&t=59

( Moderate speed run and focused mechanical jump ) :)
It's already on the list. 11th topic under Game Mechanics/Balance.

I'm going to redo the list in the coming days after I finish redoing my computer (software/OS-wise).

#19 Nokayto2

Nokayto2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 08:03 PM

I watched the latest vids where it was explained that 3rd-person perspective will likely not be placed within the actual gameplay.  

My suggestion would be to allow a 3rdPP(LOL) so that the awesomeness of your mech can be enjoyed briefly BUT without the ability to target an opponent while in this mode, since the targeting system is linked to "internal" HUD.  

This will allow players to see the mech they are piloting(where time will allow) but still keep FPS as the focus of the battle.  

People don't drive an awesome car without taking time to view the slick exterior design.  Although it is difficult to look at the car from the outside while still driving it... hmmm

Your team has developed some beautifully crafted mecha and to see their intricate movement animations at-will would be a breath of fresh air....for the eyes...___

#20 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 03 2011 - 12:19 AM

3rd person would still allow for tactics such as peeking around corners without exposing yourself.

IMO, 3rd person isn't necessary and should be avoided.  Once you know what your mech looks like, what more do you want_  If you want to note how cool mechs look on the outside, pay more attention to your allies and opponents.
Mech time all the time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users