HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Telling your team mates they suck doesn't help

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Thygon

Thygon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDarkside of the moon

Posted November 24 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostSylhiri, on November 24 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostThygon, on November 24 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

I like to use something encouraging words, like "Kill em all!" or so. And maybe give some friendly advice to someone who's hanging back.

I usually just shoot TOW rockets at their back until they start moving. They generally get the hint after one or two.

What can I say :lol:

#22 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 24 2012 - 02:48 PM

A Go here or regroup NAW! tactical marker would be much appreciated.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#23 MajorStewie

MajorStewie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 04:36 PM

i usually tell them what there doing wrong straight up. then continue saying points on whats up about it. works a lot.

if all fails then i tell them they suck.

Edited by MajorStewie, November 24 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#24 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 25 2012 - 02:22 AM

You can tell somebody they are not great or are getting it wrong in a tactical sense in an articulate and eloquent way.

Idiots that spout the most annoying idiotic word* ever invented in the whole of the entire universe are not worth taking a nanosecond of time to listen to.

*Exhibit in question: noob

Just call them a novice **** ;)

#25 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 25 2012 - 03:10 AM

View PostRipperT, on November 24 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

I recently joined a missle match and matchmaker dropped me onto the winning side. As soon as I saw that the score was so badly in favor of the team I was on I switched over to the underdogs. The match had five people total in it. I then began to run around and cap silos and generally harass the other team while the other two team members fought it out. I was not actively engaging in battle (but defended myself if attacked) and was just attempting to extend the game time to give the team a chance to make a comeback. With that few people the missle map is really unbalanced with out parity of team number.

We lost the match but wittled the base health down to a reasonable number before the match ended.

When it was over, in the lobby, our team point leader started ranting about how our team was totally lame. I take issue with this type of behavior especially when I was only trying to help his chances.

I generally do not cuss at people in a game but I am afraid I told this person to bite me and left the lobby.

Disrespecting your teammates only adds to the rage quit problems and will not garner you points or friends in this community.
Hey, I think I was a part of that match... and yeah, that guy was a slimy lizard.

I got screenshots of it too, but of course, "calling people out" is bad, and even in cases of outright racism in game chat, private attempts to bring it up to the mods seem to get no results. (Two of them have read my PM, but neither of them have responded to how I can bring it up privately.)

That said, I am sometimes guilty of this too, but I try to keep it to a minimum as it is a bad thing to do (and it tends to only come up if I'm like literally the only one attacking the AA or something - at which case it probably is justified in the sense of your team not knowing how to play).

Edited by DarkPulse, November 25 2012 - 03:11 AM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#26 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted November 25 2012 - 04:34 AM

Yes you were part of that match and I was having alot of fun just chasing down the silos immediately after you would cap one. ;)

I also recieved a verbal complaint from this person during the match about my activities. I explained to him the teams were unbalanced and also explained what I was doing (briefly). Meh.

#27 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 25 2012 - 07:27 AM

View PostRipperT, on November 25 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

Yes you were part of that match and I was having alot of fun just chasing down the silos immediately after you would cap one. ;)

I also recieved a verbal complaint from this person during the match about my activities. I explained to him the teams were unbalanced and also explained what I was doing (briefly). Meh.
Maybe you were; I wanted to kick your ass. :P Which was kind of hard considering that usually that guy or the other guy in the match would give you backup, plus we were down 3-2 in terms of manpower and IIRC I was trying to grind up either Brawler or Rocketeer (I think I'll wind up tossing Brawler unless the Vulcan gets re-buffed up a bit; it's simply not good enough) so that led to me handicapping myself somewhat.

It's partially how you can tell if I'm playing somewhat seriously - I'll bust out one of my better classes.

Regardless, probably the only reason we wound up winning it was really due to the fact we had a large lead, and that we began playing that way too - if you're sticking at one point, go hit another, and then when your attention was drawn to that, the free man would go backhack the ones you'd been holding before.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#28 calabi

calabi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:48 AM

I had someone say "lol **** noob" five minutes into playing my first match.  What kind of fuzzy bunny says that in a beta.

#29 D3m0n1t3

D3m0n1t3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 26 2012 - 11:09 AM

Seeing this kind of problem really ticks me off. :angry: Lets just hope there are no enable friendly fire in Hawken. :rolleyes: Otherwise, its going to be(use your imagination) :( just saying this from experience. Really kills the joy of playing online.

#30 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted November 26 2012 - 12:23 PM

While I agree that people with team complaints should try to give constructive criticism, this is the internet. You cannot go into it expecting yellow brick roads and sunshine. If you do you're gonna have a bad time.

Instead of getting pissed off by the guy shouting obscenities at teammates (they usually aren't all that good) instead focus on fixing mistakes. If I die I immediately question: How did he kill me_ What can I do to avoid that death in the future_ If you constantly tweak your play and learn from your mistakes you will get better quickly.

Edited by Skylead, November 26 2012 - 12:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users