HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Weapon Suggestion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#861 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted May 29 2014 - 07:42 AM

View PostAde_the_Rare, on May 29 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

Simpler than this; weapon mods...

An openable zoom window over the reticle for long range weapons.

A choke for flak weapons or extended barrels for ballistic weapons to decrease spread.

Different charge types for grenades and missiles to either do more point damage, increase splash area, or incendary warheads to add a heat-over-time debuff to mechs who are directly hit (or run through an area hit) by them.

A flash effect to the TOW, so it screws up vision for a second on a direct hit.

Tracker bullets; a mech hit by them appears on radar for 30 seconds afterwards whether in sight/range or not.

Adds some extra strategy to the game, and allows players to make more customisations (which is always good) :D

I like your saggestians better than ming spesuly thr granade bit

#862 DeadMeat_FIN

DeadMeat_FIN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 02:34 AM

Didn't find with search, but I would like to see smoke grenades. They would be useful in attacking against a camping team. Or an airstrike could be also handy.

#863 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 03:38 AM

View PostDeadMeat_FIN, on May 30 2014 - 02:34 AM, said:

Didn't find with search, but I would like to see smoke grenades. They would be useful in attacking against a camping team. Or an airstrike could be also handy.

Smoke grens, maybe. Airstrikes, no.

#864 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 05:06 AM

View PostDeadMeat_FIN, on May 30 2014 - 02:34 AM, said:

Yea

#865 H83R

H83R

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationTetovo, Macedonia

Posted June 10 2014 - 08:06 AM

plasma gun, point D shotgun, TOW with target lock, tesla gun, emp gun(with low dmg but disabling mechs), saw launcher(like the one in the old Unreal Tournament that bounces off walls), 40mm grenade launcher, mortar, drones that go with mechs and attack or activate shields, shield piercing gun(not the predator's a better one), slow reload high dmg 50cal gun(as a sniper or something), dual barreled smg, AR with emp ammo, toxins gun(with dual fire modes,spray or drop the tank with toxins),radiation mine(item),toxins mine(item),booby traps(explosive or emp,items),IEDs that look like those shield-walls or a dead mech that cointain explosives(also items) :P yeah i'm evil i know :D
Posted Image

#866 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostH83R, on June 10 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

plasma gun, point D shotgun, TOW with target lock, tesla gun, emp gun(with low dmg but disabling mechs), saw launcher(like the one in the old Unreal Tournament that bounces off walls), 40mm grenade launcher, mortar, drones that go with mechs and attack or activate shields, shield piercing gun(not the predator's a better one), slow reload high dmg 50cal gun(as a sniper or something), dual barreled smg, AR with emp ammo, toxins gun(with dual fire modes,spray or drop the tank with toxins),radiation mine(item),toxins mine(item),booby traps(explosive or emp,items),IEDs that look like those shield-walls or a dead mech that cointain explosives(also items) :P yeah i'm evil i know :D

I like themm
Thay wont :-/

#867 Ketenge

Ketenge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 18 2014 - 04:53 PM

ANYTHING that could possibly come from something say......... Armored Core 1-3+

#868 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted June 20 2014 - 02:42 PM

we should just add a giant sword that does a crapton of damage but very slow firing/swing rate with a short radius.  it should be able to kill any mech from behind in 2 shots (that might be OP or whatever, don't give it to infiltrators, predators or the like).

or you could add a giant laser thing that has enormous burst potential but very slow firing rate, long range, and fast projectile speed.  large heat buildup too (maybe if this is OP, make it so that when you fire the weapon, you automatically overheat)  useful in situations where you have a stealthy upper hand.

#869 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 02:48 PM

maybe add a sort of acid weapon that shoots a puddle directly on the mech (and take a lot of damage over time) or on the ground.  when left on the ground, any enemy mech that steps in to it will be slowed and take damage.  once out of the puddle they gain normal speed but continue taking damage for some time (depending on how long they were in the puddle for).  damage is decreased when not in the puddle (what I'm trying to say here is when you aren't in the puddle, the damage you take from being in the puddle is reduced).  when shot directly with this, you take damage to the same level as if you were standing in the puddle.  

you should be able to charge the weapon for a bigger puddle or longer lasting damage (if shot directly at a mech)  maybe when shooting directly, the weapon should do some area splash (increased while charged).  please say if this is OP or not.  I like feedback :)

I apologize if any of these ideas were previously mentioned in this forum.  I didn't want to read the other 43 pages of ideas :P
sorry

#870 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 02:56 PM

maybe have a weapon that causes knockback and does a bit of stunning.  maybe a short range "sound" cannon that shoots large rings at close range that temporarily stuns enemies (sort of a really weak combination of the emp and ism disruptor)

any who that's my rant right there :P

#871 Moreapples

Moreapples

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted June 20 2014 - 03:02 PM

I want a Dual SMC Salt:

Posted Image

..I'll stop with these images okay.

Posted Image

#872 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 22 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostMoreapples, on June 20 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

I want a Dual SMC Salt:

Posted Image

..I'll stop with these images okay.
With out the puppy on a c class i wooden mind

#873 Dekkion

Dekkion

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 08:51 PM

When i first saw that announce Hawken gameplay video some years ago, i immediately wondered about great machines yielding powerful weapons, like some hi-tech artillery heavy tank or chopper-like weapons.
Congratulations for the beautiful work...

And here i see a large number of suggestions with things as chainsaws, tesla coils, teleporters, glue weapons and the like, and ask myself:
"Is that some CS-like slaughter, or mario kart_"
Please devs, dont listen these people, they dont know what they says =D

Of course, things to turn the tides of a battle, not only doing more and more damage, are necessary. But we need some badass artillery in a (sci-fi, of course) technology line not so far from our tech progression, for esthetic and theme-related reasons.
Give us some obus-like secondary weapon for C class (as said somewhere above), mortar launchers (Gears of War would give some ideas here), more unguided rocket launchers, maybe ONE single laser and maybe some railgun.

Some things obviously must step away from "reality", as the orbs and healing, but it is a matter of game mechanics, as i understand.
But in general ways, i think the current weapons fits the purpose. Maybe some improvement on the setup of the mechs could be more cool, like more weapon options available per mech (4 main_) or a division per class, secondary included.

Thanks for your patience...
(english limitations)

#874 BlindFireBarry

BlindFireBarry

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 09:01 AM

First off I want everyone to know this isn't about TOW hate. I love the TOW on my Fred. Hell, my daddy was the leader of the top TOW squad in my state's National Guard when the U.S. still used em so maybe my pro-TOW stance is a little biased. Still always having my TOW without other options feels like too much of a good thing. I feel we need a little more flexibility in secondary weapons options.

I propose a small selection of alternate secondary weapons. Nothing too different from what ever weapon is a mec's base secondary in most cases in others it may almost completely change how the mech is used. Now of course the following suggestions are by no means comprehensive.

CR-T RECRUIT, ASSAULT And many more
A multi rocket pod with a moderate damage per shot and poor long range accuracy.
Pros: Can fire a rapid burst of rockets or can be fired multiple times before it must "reload".
Cons: Has a escalating heat build up if firered rapidly and once expended must spends a few seconds "reloading".

BRUSER
A "force" shield which reduces damage at the expense of building heat over time.
Pros: Builds on the Bruiser's whole mid weight charger concept and lets players really take it to the enemy.
Cons: The player must rely entirely on their primary weapon.
Your KDR is meaningless & your score is irrelevant. All that matters is the team. The team is life, the team is victory.

#875 madmink

madmink

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 10:58 AM

DL_

LASERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by madmink, August 11 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#876 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 11 2014 - 11:32 AM

How about a rocket launcher that disperse into a clutter of bombs when you hit the detonation button, like this. Future mech inc. You heard it here first.<-----Posted Image

Posted Image

#877 Blastcaps

Blastcaps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:44 AM

Personaly I'd like to see the explosive pucks made destructable, atm certain mechs can just keep spewing them out and creating a massive prox mine field on maps, they appear to either currently have a long duration or no duration, also add balistic curve to them, because atm they have one HELL of a range on them.
Making them destructable means players then have the means to clear them if they want/need to by shooting them at least instead of having to clear by running through them....

#878 THE_R3DBU11_FTW

THE_R3DBU11_FTW

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 05:28 PM

Secondary Weapon:
TH3-SH14LD

2820880-web_preview.png

In halo 4 there is an armor ability that allows you to temporarily bring up a shield, that will absorb damage.

My idea is that the secondary weapon TH3-SH14LD will bring up an energy shield sort of like the shield in Halo 4.

This shield will not only be able to absorb damage but it will also do collision damage if enemy mechs collide head on with the mech that has the shield deployed. it will also not allow the mech to pass through the shield which means that the mech with the shield can push the other mech. Also depending on the damage absorbed, the shield will start to overheat.

The shield will work sort of like the technician's repair torch, which means all you have to do is hold M2. While holding M2 you do not start to overheat except when the shield is absorbing damage or it has just collided with another mech. You can also fire through your shield.

If there was a mech to be made with this secondary weapon I think it would be called the Bouncer or the Pusher as it's shield can be used to push the line of scrimmage in your teams favor. this would possibly be equiped with the T32-Bolt, SA Hawkins, and the Point-D Vulcan. The ability for this mech would be expand, where the shield gets wider allowing your teammates to take cover behind it next to you.
the starting item would be the EMP, allowing the mech to escape, have a few seconds of uncontested fire, or let the mechs shield cool down. This mech would probably be an A or B class.

I Strongly hope that someone working for Adhesive/Meteor sees this and punts the mech or the weapon or both into the game.

Thank you,
  THE_R3DBU11_FTW

#879 WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 11:18 AM

Bouncer_  I like the idea of a deployable shield that is attached but when I read 'bouncer' I was hoping to bounce projectiles back
Could make for a more explosive version of hot potato
Ping pong that gl!

#880 UnDead_Red

UnDead_Red

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 28 2014 - 02:00 PM

absolutely this game needs some energy weapons like rail guns and tesla guns.

melee weapons are difficult ish to code for, but they would be cool

and a mortar turret would be really cool

what this game really need is weapon upgrades. things like heat suppression and accuracy increase

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users