HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Weapon Suggestion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#841 Madman01

Madman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 06:39 AM

missile pod for rocketeer G2 or maybe a rocket pod would be nice

#842 GuardianPhoenix

GuardianPhoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostMarNoahCus, on April 10 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

I love plasma weapons. I was and still am a huge fan of the mechwarrior series. So Plasma weapons would be awesome.

Another weapon i would like to see would be a sort of Ionblaster. It could look a little like this:

CackleCrackler: Secondary weapon, Very slow ROF, very low DMG, little splash, Slow projectile speed, moderate to high heat generation, blueish "electric" charging effect while firing, High Recoil, slowly immobilizes hit targets (slows them down) and upon 4 hits within say 10 sec. autoreboots targets systems.

I am well aware that such a weapon would have many haters, but i think it would have a right in the game as it would be awesome for offensive support and would fit well on a completely new Mech that could take the role as a "precision siegebreaker" It's drawbacks ofc would have to be substantial. I would still be using such a weapon however in team or siege and missile games.

A million times YES to this!  There needs to be a more effective way to counter the "in-your-face" A Class mechs.  I'd say about 7/10 times every A class that kills me uses an air compressor and the Fuel generator, so infinate zipping around in the air until you're dead.  Though saying that the A classes that kill me are boarder-lining if not definitely OP (scout with flak, beserker, reaper) -- but that's just my opinion~

#843 Liath_Sakata

Liath_Sakata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted April 16 2014 - 09:40 AM

My suggestion isn't a new weapon, but a rework of some of the current ones.

Please, ditch the hold-to-charge, fire-on-release thing.  Instead, have the weapon automatically charge, and still fire on click.

So many weapons would benefit from this, as well as a good amount of hand fatigue.

#844 Brycko

Brycko

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationA place in physical space

Posted April 17 2014 - 09:37 AM

Uhh, question_
What ever happened to mech turrets_ We've seen plenty of concept art for them, and although debatable to how it/who could control it, it seems liable (at least for some mechs).

Also, with 17 different weapons in the game, shouldn't they be distributed better_ You see 5 or 6 mechs with the assault rifle and only 1 or 2 with awesome weapons like the t-32 bolt or reflak cannon_

Finally, how awesome would it be to have a 4th Primary weapon or a 2nd Secondary weapon as options_

Edited by Brycko, May 14 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#845 DaBeard

DaBeard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 26 2014 - 06:58 PM

I'm sure there's a million melee weapon suggestions out there, but I personally like the idea of boosting into the opposing mech  doing damage to both mechs, based on class.
Something like 100/75/50 for each mech involved.

For example, Class C collides with another Class C and they each take 200 damage.  Both add 100 to the pool of shared damage, and when the hit, screens shake, cockpit glass cracks, static flares and they both have a fraction of a second of immobility as they rebound off of each other.
Now, instead we have a Class B and a Class A hitting each other.  The total in the pool is 125, so when they hit and rebound, both take much less damage, but the smaller mech loses a greater percentage of armor.  They are faster and have more of an ability to never get caught in these scenarios, yet now our poor little class A has lost a third of its health compared to a fourth for our larger B class.

Obviously, it can't work all the time.  If you just drift into someone and scrape their paint it's not worth major damage. It would need to be a solid hit at full speed; similar to the big burst of speed you notice when you fire your thrusters from a walking pace.  It's a great way to add a 'melee' option that fits with the theme of the game, rather than have 'Rock-Em Sock-Em Robots as designed by Robot Wars.'
Nothing fancy, just the simple beauty of a Brawler bodyslamming a Berzerker with an audible warping of metal followed by the agonized scream of tearing steel as another skull appears on the HUD.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mechanical Kool-Aid Man.jpg

Edited by DaBeard, April 26 2014 - 07:02 PM.

#846 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostGuardianPhoenix, on April 11 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

View PostMarNoahCus, on April 10 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

I love plasma weapons. I was and still am a huge fan of the mechwarrior series. So Plasma weapons would be awesome.

Another weapon i would like to see would be a sort of Ionblaster. It could look a little like this:

CackleCrackler: Secondary weapon, Very slow ROF, very low DMG, little splash, Slow projectile speed, moderate to high heat generation, blueish "electric" charging effect while firing, High Recoil, slowly immobilizes hit targets (slows them down) and upon 4 hits within say 10 sec. autoreboots targets systems.

I am well aware that such a weapon would have many haters, but i think it would have a right in the game as it would be awesome for offensive support and would fit well on a completely new Mech that could take the role as a "precision siegebreaker" It's drawbacks ofc would have to be substantial. I would still be using such a weapon however in team or siege and missile games.

A million times YES to this!  There needs to be a more effective way to counter the "in-your-face" A Class mechs.  I'd say about 7/10 times every A class that kills me uses an air compressor and the Fuel generator, so infinate zipping around in the air until you're dead.  Though saying that the A classes that kill me are boarder-lining if not definitely OP (scout with flak, beserker, reaper) -- but that's just my opinion~

No, no, NO. Energy weapons would not fit this game's aesthetic. Also, the devs have also said that they would never add energy weapons.

View PostDaBeard, on April 26 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

I'm sure there's a million melee weapon suggestions out there, but I personally like the idea of boosting into the opposing mech  doing damage to both mechs, based on class.
Something like 100/75/50 for each mech involved.

For example, Class C collides with another Class C and they each take 200 damage.  Both add 100 to the pool of shared damage, and when the hit, screens shake, cockpit glass cracks, static flares and they both have a fraction of a second of immobility as they rebound off of each other.
Now, instead we have a Class B and a Class A hitting each other.  The total in the pool is 125, so when they hit and rebound, both take much less damage, but the smaller mech loses a greater percentage of armor.  They are faster and have more of an ability to never get caught in these scenarios, yet now our poor little class A has lost a third of its health compared to a fourth for our larger B class.

Obviously, it can't work all the time.  If you just drift into someone and scrape their paint it's not worth major damage. It would need to be a solid hit at full speed; similar to the big burst of speed you notice when you fire your thrusters from a walking pace.  It's a great way to add a 'melee' option that fits with the theme of the game, rather than have 'Rock-Em Sock-Em Robots as designed by Robot Wars.'
Nothing fancy, just the simple beauty of a Brawler bodyslamming a Berzerker with an audible warping of metal followed by the agonized scream of tearing steel as another skull appears on the HUD.
Devs have already said no to melee weapons, but as a special ability on a new mech...
https://community.pl...new-mech-ideas/

#847 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 08:13 AM

View PostV_ExorcisT, on March 27 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

View PostHadronVictorioso, on March 11 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

Didn't the devs say they would NEVER put in energy weapons_
Uhm... no_ :) So fast to write posts like this without giving any reference, not good...
They HAVE already said that, if you read their announcements ._.

#848 Psionic_Killer

Psionic_Killer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 05:42 AM

Ice gun/Instant cement gun/stun gun. A gun that does low damage med rate of fire, when it hits it has a slowing/stun effect_

#849 MetalBin

MetalBin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 03:13 PM

Any weapon shamelessly stolen from Unreal Tournament including the tanslocator.

#850 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostMetalBin, on May 04 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Any weapon shamelessly stolen from Unreal Tournament including the tanslocator.

Lolno

Lame weps + lawsuits = no go, joe

#851 Quaezar

Quaezar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 06:12 PM

perhaps some long range ballistics could be added such as mortars as a special for heavy mechs_

#852 ÖdeMärz

ÖdeMärz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 02:55 AM

Some low implementation demand suggestions if I may:

(1) Extension of current 3 choices to 4 for each mech. Come on, very easy, and improves versatility / cutomisations coupling into gameplay styles.

(2) Please do something with the Hawkins gun's SFX, to make it sound like a gun of its calibre. Really. Bangs, not hisses. It could also have the metalling clang of old anti-air large calibre boat mounted guns mixed in. Could also be a new similar gun, 3-4 shots a sec, perhaps single barrel 30mm, but loud!

(3) Any slower rate, longer range, more accurate, higher damage gun for the damn Bruiser_ Hawkins (with SFX that sounds like a gun for a change)_ RPR_ Or, maybe a reflak (btw, that has a way too soft sound fx too)_ Anything_

(4) Sabot on SS has way too much spread unscoped, totally useless. No good for mid-range, that's fair enough, but the fact it can't hit a small building sized mech from 8m away unscoped is ridiculous.

(5) I bet you don't dare to introduce a Bruiser G2 B-class with 2x Hellfires. Say, with a linked target locking utility, that'd render a very interesting time-critical, fire and forget, left-right weapon awareness. Although that's kamikaze in close quarters, still epic. Could increase fuel amount and/or regen to balance that, more chance to fly about perhaps.

(6) Small unguided auto rocket launcher as primary_ As on helicopters, perhaps with a cluster bomb hint.

(7) Sabot turret_
Posted Image

#853 Azserai

Azserai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 03:09 AM

I think there should be some melee weapons. Just think about how hard it would be with players flying away from you, but then again that means the melee weapons should do some decent damage. The range is very low and it puts the player at high risk, but I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of players that want melee weapons. I would definitely get them if they existed.

SAW BLADE- A sword-like weapon that tears away the enemies' armor

And have a voice that says "HUMILIATION" when someone dies by it ... for all the pros that want to own the newbies lol

#854 Brycko

Brycko

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationA place in physical space

Posted May 14 2014 - 09:40 AM

*Sighs* Unfortunately, several kids on these forums seem to think that Hawken is a mele combat game. Just ask yourself, how often do you see FPS games with Knives as a primary weapon_

To put it into perspective: Every mech in this game is like someone wielding duel weapons. How are you ever going to knife anybody, when your hands are occupied_

Get this straight, HAWKEN WILL NEVER HAVE MELE WEAPONS. The devs have expressed this many, many times. Please research before you post.

Edited by Brycko, May 14 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#855 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostAzserai, on May 13 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

I think there should be some melee weapons. Just think about how hard it would be with players flying away from you, but then again that means the melee weapons should do some decent damage. The range is very low and it puts the player at high risk, but I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of players that want melee weapons. I would definitely get them if they existed.

SAW BLADE- A sword-like weapon that tears away the enemies' armor

And have a voice that says "HUMILIATION" when someone dies by it ... for all the pros that want to own the newbies lol

The devs have said before: they will NEVER PUT IN MELEE WEAPONS OR A MELEE FUNCTION.

#856 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted May 27 2014 - 06:29 AM

Tanks: useless bots wee bit more armerd than a turret deploy able by person or losing tram if no one volunteers for balancing
Gas: continues damage to any one in the vasinaty of cloud ( can be filterd out rendered useless)
Drone strikes: like a controllable missile

Edited by camtheking20, May 27 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#857 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted May 27 2014 - 02:27 PM

View Postcamtheking20, on May 27 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

Tanks and Gas
Drone strikes

No, no, and NO.

#858 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted May 27 2014 - 02:37 PM

Aww y kill joy

#859 ShockBlast

ShockBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted May 27 2014 - 04:01 PM

A flamethrower with a 70 foot range.

A full auto version of the heat cannon with no charging and reduced damage.

#860 Ade_the_Rare

Ade_the_Rare

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted May 29 2014 - 06:15 AM

Simpler than this; weapon mods...

An openable zoom window over the reticle for long range weapons.

A choke for flak weapons or extended barrels for ballistic weapons to decrease spread.

Different charge types for grenades and missiles to either do more point damage, increase splash area, or incendary warheads to add a heat-over-time debuff to mechs who are directly hit (or run through an area hit) by them.

A flash effect to the TOW, so it screws up vision for a second on a direct hit.

Tracker bullets; a mech hit by them appears on radar for 30 seconds afterwards whether in sight/range or not.

Adds some extra strategy to the game, and allows players to make more customisations (which is always good) :D

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users