HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Weapon Suggestion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#801 DarkenLX

DarkenLX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 09:03 PM

ok guys/gals i have a few of suggestions...
1. as far as the sharpshooter weapons go theres no zoom/scope for the rifle sharpshooter sounds like a sniper class as such should have a scoped weapon.
2. Sub-Machine gun should not generate as much heat as current stats say 1 block before max.
3. Assault Rifle Sub-machine gun and others stats say 1 block on dmg which is incorrect.
all these need to be fix

Edited by DarkenLX, February 13 2014 - 09:04 PM.

#802 NogiBear

NogiBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted February 15 2014 - 01:57 PM

Harpoon_ If there is a solid smaller melee mech, then it might come in handy to close the distance and "chainsaw/shotgun" an enemy. On the contrary it may be cool if a larger mech had the harpoon as well to drag a mech towards them; kind of like Scorpion in Mortal Kombat ha.
If

#803 LokiBosco

LokiBosco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 06:42 PM

How can I get my Money back I enjoyed Chrome hounds way better than this game. There was way more customization of a Mech in that game maps were good too. this game there is no customization outside of the realm of what Mech types there are. :( was disapointed with this and wish i could have played before paying 30+ $ for it

#804 Yulgur

Yulgur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 06:28 AM

I think just being able to punch/ kick your enemy would be really useful as most of the time I end up being cockpit to cockpit with enemies.

#805 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 06:48 AM

Please make the weapons sound and feel heavier, more powerful. Turn the bass up to 11!

Edited by Superkamikazee, February 21 2014 - 06:48 AM.

#806 Arcart

Arcart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 03:29 PM

Blackhole GUn shoots a black hole that implodes on impact

Edited by Arcart, February 21 2014 - 03:34 PM.

#807 GuestSeth

GuestSeth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 11:16 AM

some sort of plasma weapon would act as a chargeable RPG with no ammo limit and extreme heat applied to both the shooter and the person that got shot.

Essentualy it would deal minimal slash damige, medeum contact damige and would warm you up.
put in limited ammo

#808 IronMan42

IronMan42

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 10:56 AM

I would love to see a shock-combo-esque type of weapon. Basically you have a slow projectile that does some form of damage. A lot like the grenade launcher now but maybe larger and slower. Then some other weapon that can shoot this projectile via hitscan resulting in a large explosion.  This dynamic can give new players a very satisfying area denial weapon, as well as more experienced pilots a very high skill ceiling weapon as shooting this projectile on the move makes its utility much higher than just standing and shooting.

#809 Coffee009

Coffee009

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted February 27 2014 - 02:12 PM

So I got bored and decided to quickly model a Flamethrower, what do you think_
Stat ideas:

Medium damage
Short range
High heat generation
Extremely fast firerate
Can overheat enemy weapons

-Or-

Medium damage
Medium-long range
High heat generation
fires quickly but in an arc, think of a napalm thrower

Mechs that would accept this:
Tech (to cripple enemies, have teamates finish them off)
Raider (short range power)
Assault (Vulcan/SMC Alternative, maybe so it can be less of a CR-T clone)
Incinerator (Pyro class)
Sharpshooter/Reaper (Short range sniper complement, fire at people, overheat their weapons, and retreat)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you want to clean up/change/ or texture this model, just ask, I'll email it to you.
Posted Image

#810 Zudwa

Zudwa

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted March 02 2014 - 02:33 AM

I believe that the weapons should be divided into classes as units. A-class weapon is for A-class unit etc. This will increase the number of secondary weapons, making the system more fair and logical.
Weapons can use a slots-system as Items and Internals. This allows you to use not previously involved rewards. Something like multi-kill, savior-kill, revenge, Nemesis, Dominatiing.  All figures are fictional and are given only as an example.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Weapon loader.[/font]
Posted Image

Gains +2% Fire Rate, when fuel is below 25% and +5% Fire rate, when fuel is below 10%.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Special Weapon loader.[/font]
Posted Image

During Dodge's Cooldown time increases Secondary Weapon Fire Rate.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Armor Piercing Muntions.[/font]
Posted Image

Underdog bonus gains +5% to Fire Rate during 10 sec.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Heatsynks.[/font]
Posted Image

Double killiing gains  - 3% Weapon Heating.
Triple killing gains  - 4% Weapon Heating.
Etc.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Cooling Units.[/font]
Posted Image

Gains -1 sec Overheat Recover Time, when armor is below 25% and -2 sec Overheat Recover Time, when armor is below 10%.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Radiator.[/font]
Posted Image

Whenever mech is Accelerating, gains -2% to Weapon Heating.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Radar.[/font]
Posted Image

After 10 sec of making no headway gains +5 m per sec to Radar Detection Range during 10 sec of inactivity.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Magnetic rial.[/font]
Posted Image

After 10 sec of making no headway gains +5 % to Weapon Accuracy during inactivity.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Regulator.[/font]
Posted Image

After 3 kiiling without a death gains +10% to exp for every next kill.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Cage[/font]

During 10 sec after killing gains +15/sec to Repair Rate.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Fuel generator.[/font]
Posted Image

During Overheat Recover Time gains +10% to Fuel Regeneration.

Thank you. The post is still updating...

Edited by Zudwa, March 05 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#811 Hayseed

Hayseed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted March 05 2014 - 10:00 PM

Not exactly a random idea I had, and it probably wont accomplish much (too much work to restructure everything) but what if instead of using bullets we use lazer/gauss/railgun type weapons_ This would make more sense with the overheat concept and, if done right, could lead to some interesting weapons (for instance a "laser shotgun" that instead of unleashing a bunch of pellets, unleashes a wave of energy that is very wide but dissipates after a short distance). Then, if you want to keep secondary weapons (i.e. tow launcher, sabot rifle) give those weapons actual ammo. This would decrease the likelihood of weapon spamming (only seen in the grenade launcher) and could result in a new mech type that would supply ammo to team mates_

#812 V_ExorcisT

V_ExorcisT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 08 2014 - 12:48 PM

THUNDER Series Model N3 - ZEUS

Secondary close-range weapon that damages enemy mechs with controlled electric discharge, this prototype also has alternative fire mode present, with which weapon becomes a versatile tool for any mech in the HAWKEN universe.

Posted Image

A bit of in-game history for the weapon:
After the prolonged fight on the Illal, Sentium forces manage to capture a research base on the territory of fallen Crion, and after a while start to use it to get advantage in the resource war against Prosk. Initially designed to fight HAWKEN virus, shattering connections within nano-virus structure, the prototype was upgraded to a smaller, compact version, with a little modification of smart targeting systems, it was no longer a scientific tool but a weapon of war.

The key structure parts:
1 - (closed) - flow relays (parts that adjust the area of effect of the charge, in particular state it is single target only)
2 - (open / alternative fire mode) - flow relays (in this state up to 3 targets can be affected)
3 - discharge node (from this part occur lightning bolts that strike enemies)
4 - \
5 -  } Electricity condensers (3 pairs of visible shining electrical tubes, more details in the next section)
6 - /
7 - attachment port (connection with mech)
8 - steam exhausters (4 diagonal holes from which steam will emerge after each discharge as a visual part of cooling systems)

Weapon statistics:
DAMAGE: 6/6 *
ACCURACY: 6/6
RATE OF FIRE: 1/6
EFFECTIVE RANGE: 2/6
HEAT RATE: 5/6

Fire modes:

PRIMARY

Visual:
When you press fire button all 6 condensers move very fast inside the weapon and discharge happens.
Lighting bolt strikes forward with precision of a sniper rifle, yet  the effective range is very small.

Mechanics:
No special tricks. You either hit or miss, strikes instantly as you press the fire button. 6 out of 6 damage shot.

ALTERNATIVE

Visual:
When you press alternative fire mode button all 3 flow relays open and now you can't shoot like you did it in the previous case.

Mechanics:
When alternative mode is activated a target system close to that of HELLFIRE rockets is activated, yet there is no timing for aiming and locked target will not escape this way, but of course it can easily escape just by gaining some distance (so it's balanced).
Another difference is that there is not one "lock-up" target "ring", there are 3 rings. How it works_

You press fire button and hold it, just like with HELLFIRE rockets, when first target is acquired it locks down and keeps this way.
During this process 2 out of 6 electric condensers change colour (lets say they were light blue and now they become yellow) - this way bot you and your enemy knows that you have 1 target acquired.
Next you can do 3 possible things:
1) release attack button, enemy (if in the effective range) will receive a 2/6 damage shot.
2) aim a bit more and put another ring on the same target. as you already understand you can do it up to 3 times, each time increasing shot damage by 1/3 max damage (and each time another pair of electric condensers will change colour, and when you release attack button, only those coloured yellow will go inside the weapon).
3) because "lock-up" rings only lock on targets in the middle of your screen, you can put these rings on another targets. as you already understand you can do it on up to 3 targets, where each target will receive 1/3 of max damage.

Possible situations can occur:
* you lock 2 targets and release attack button, each target takes 1/3 of max damage
* you lock 2 targets, and one of them you lock twice, one enemy will receive 1/3 of max damage, the other one 2/3
* you lock on three different targets, each target will receive 1/3 of max damage (it is completely under your control, meaning weapon will not fire even if you acquire all 3 targets, to fire you need to release attack button).
* you lock one target three times, enemy will receive 6/6 damage shot. You can ask what is the difference between primary attack in this case_ well, its simple! 1) You can't miss (only if enemy will get far enough, out of effective range) 2) But it takes more time to lock on him 3 times.
* you didn't acquire any targets and release attack button - nothing happens, and no penalty is applied.

Something to add about acquiring targets:
There is small time gap after you acquire your first target before you can acquire 2nd one, same applies between 2nd and 3rd. To acquire target it must be in the middle of your screen, same as with HELLFIRE rockets.

If you would like to see this weapon in the game, like the post!
You opinion is what really matters, any comments are highly appreciated! ^_^
I am a gamer not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join us! We have sweet cookies! :3 http://taw.net
My YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/u...ViciouSExorcisT

#813 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted March 11 2014 - 11:34 AM

After all of a sudden deciding to read this thread, i had an idea!

I thought of a secondary that fires some sort of orb that bounces until it hits something. Maybe a velocity, size, or number of bounces can be modified through charging it up or an alternate fire capability. what do you guys think_

#814 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 11:34 AM

Didn't the devs say they would NEVER put in energy weapons_

Why do I see so many laser suggestions..._

#815 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 11:44 AM

Ah, also, came up with a new weapon idea, the magnum.

https://community.pl...new-mech-ideas/

#816 whiTe_cAncer

whiTe_cAncer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 09:56 PM

Melee!! like maces, chainsaws, giant knives etc that can attach to your gun or even just have as a stand alone weapon like a chainsaw

#817 doujutsu501

doujutsu501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted March 16 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostMitchybape92, on May 22 2011 - 04:19 PM, said:

Trip Wire_

shoot one point of the wire on one building, then the other end to another and trip people :D

it would be neat to use as a team so that a sniper could sit back and have another team mate set the trap_

not bad Posted Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#818 OMEGA07

OMEGA07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 07:05 PM

I would like some type of beam weapon that could take off an arm, leg or cripple it before it is totally destroyed!
Knock out their jump jets to prevent them from retreating fast. Also, better shields that last longer.

#819 Zycat

Zycat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 08:23 PM

Reflective Shield (Brawler G2 Secondary)

Protects you for half a second and reflects any and all attacks from the front back to the original attacker for half the original damage. Can be used once every 8 seconds or whatever number you deem balanced.

Airburst Missile Defense

Shoots a hitscan projectile that explodes when it detects any hittable object like mechs or missiles. Very low damage and high reload delay to compensate for easiness of aim.

Quake Grenade (Grenadier G2 Secondary)

Shoots a grenade-like projectile that rumbles the earth around it, dealing continuous damage and slowing down movement for any mech that stands inside a small area. Flying completely nullifies this.

#820 Evermillion

Evermillion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted March 22 2014 - 07:00 PM

Anti-Material Rifle

A high power sniper capable of killing frail mechs in a single shot

instantly over-heats the mech and takes a while to be able to shoot again

recoil causes self-damage

cannot be powered up by Internals or any other buffing equipment

extremely high accuracy

makes enough sound to be heard all across the map (usualy just for fun or to warn whenever somebody is using it)

so yea, i tried put in more downsides compared to the power of it, i see a frail mech as a mech with HP lower than 400 (AKA 400 damage per hit)
CODE_Evermillion: Activated
Targets Found: Activating Weapon Systems
Weapon Systems: Online
Weapon Systems: Calibrated
Prepare for Combat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users