HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Weapon Suggestion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#881 UnDead_Red

UnDead_Red

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 28 2014 - 02:13 PM

After some thought and reading :

Rail gun/Lazer gun

Mortar turret and you need to laze the targets

a sword/ tesla spike that gets an insta kill, but requires extreme close combat

alternate secondaries like swap the tow for a grenade launcher

melee combat as well as a better long range solution is what this game really needs

#882 Ishy1261

Ishy1261

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 06:32 AM

Plasma rifle-massive heat, chargeable beam of mass destruction
Laser weapon (light medium heavy-slowish beams, high heat, good damage
custom weapon- choose ballistic(bullets etc) explosive(such as rockets) and energy (like lasers.changeable stats, change colour of projectile, rate of fire, with power 'o' meter to prevent them being OP.

#883 Ishy1261

Ishy1261

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 06:35 AM

dunno about rail assault rifle. railguns are slow to fire with massive power and intense accuracy. but there could be a slightly faster, smaller version.

#884 scar1988

scar1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 09:44 PM

a short to medium range FLAME THROWER that use's FUEL an is likely to OVERHEAT and the damage would consist of light dps but cause electrical malfunction do to direct heat damage.

and maybe i guess a single barrel shotgun that use's large shells with maybe a emp burst secondary to do short term shutdowns" that would be nasty just jump in emp switch an run em down.

#885 ÖdeMärz

ÖdeMärz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 05:49 AM

Railguns don't have to be slow repeating, accurate, or even very powerful, their core advantage is actually projectile speed compared to solid (_) projectile weapons. Just to note. And let's not go into the gamer notion of technological feasibility.

I'd still like:

- a Sabot turret
- more B-class vehicles
- a power jump ability for a new B class
- have balls_ make it inertial confinement fusion, rapid lens flare burst, cracking lightning-thunder sound, discussed this
- long time since new map was introduced, getting bored of the existing ones (chance for more vertical space_)
- an IQ test before being allowed into the first Siege game, say, under 80, no siege. Really. Or some forced method to read basic game rules, 3-4 questions to make sure at least the most basic idea is understood. For fuzzy bunny's sake. Nowadays it's 8 games out of 10 being total no-clue runarounds, with Siege becoming not even worth entering, despite being by far the most enjoyable game mode by design.
Posted Image

#886 ZeroSteelfist

ZeroSteelfist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted September 10 2014 - 08:37 PM

View PostÖdeMärz, on September 09 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

- an IQ test before being allowed into the first Siege game, say, under 80, no siege. Really. Or some forced method to read basic game rules, 3-4 questions to make sure at least the most basic idea is understood. For fuzzy bunny's sake. Nowadays it's 8 games out of 10 being total no-clue runarounds, with Siege becoming not even worth entering, despite being by far the most enjoyable game mode by design.

Funny because the people who know the rules are frequently spamming "READY UP" while new players are checking the rules. I don't disagree with you, that certainly matched my experience with siege, just seems like a two sided problem. Maybe have a way to review the game rules while queued or outside of a lobby_
----

I like this idea, missiles are a fun addition to mech combat but I think it would be easy to overcomplicate their use and slow down the pace of play too much.

Hydra pod
A missile pod containing some set number of cheap rockets, meant for area saturation, slightly follow crosshairs, but just barely. relatively inaccurate, but can lay down a swath of explosions.

#887 AlphaPanzer01

AlphaPanzer01

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHồ Chí Minh city, VietNam

Posted October 20 2014 - 07:25 PM

my idea: 85mm mortar/howitzer
mortar mode: arc its payload sky high, dealing damage to an area (capable of tracking a target in short distance). huge splash damage, high ROF but unable to use indoor area and closing in enemies
howitzer mode: nearly hit-scan wep at long range, hit scan at mid to close range. slower ROF, smaller splash radius for indoor engagement
For VietNam!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users