HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Coalition team discussion.

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#81 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 04:56 PM

We could make it our own thing possibly_

Doesn't have to relate to real world things.

tack on coalition/hawken or something_

#82 WasteGate

WasteGate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTehas

Posted December 04 2012 - 09:24 PM

Don't know where the team was at but marshalade and I were getting our azz handed to us earlier tonight,he was good enough to get on my servers a couple of rounds.
Thanks Bub.
Ya got Ace moves but those dudes were in concert/commed seems like to me,as I told him,I've figured out "pubstomp",lol.
Much mayhem,bad for our side.
sigh.
Posted Image

#83 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'm just browsing around the clan listing and started reading up on the Wandering Gun idea (not sure if this is the same as the free agent idea) but I thought I'd chime in a little over one of the names up on the voting. Now I know this is the popular name right now but are you guys sure you want to be associated with Blackwater_

This is coming from someone who spent time in Iraq and everything. I mean really think about it because these guys aren't exactly the best group of people to look up to. I find it a little disgusting that this name would actually be under consideration in light of all that has happened from having contracts revoked because of how they conducted themselves while working in Iraq (shootings and such) to being fined in court for smuggling weapons and other things like that.

I get what you guys are going for but of all the names in the world this one just feels incredibly wrong.

Just my two cents on the subject.

Posted Image

#84 Nymphs

Nymphs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostKejiGoto, on December 05 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

I'm just browsing around the clan listing and started reading up on the Wandering Gun idea (not sure if this is the same as the free agent idea) but I thought I'd chime in a little over one of the names up on the voting. Now I know this is the popular name right now but are you guys sure you want to be associated with Blackwater_

This is coming from someone who spent time in Iraq and everything. I mean really think about it because these guys aren't exactly the best group of people to look up to. I find it a little disgusting that this name would actually be under consideration in light of all that has happened from having contracts revoked because of how they conducted themselves while working in Iraq (shootings and such) to being fined in court for smuggling weapons and other things like that.

I get what you guys are going for but of all the names in the world this one just feels incredibly wrong.

Just my two cents on the subject.

I didn't know anything behind the event, the name just sounds cool as fuzzy bunny.
Concerning what you've said, I can't really react in any sort of way, since I personally have never really been offended by a name or title. So, even on that level, I can't empathize.

#85 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:01 AM

I do not know the specifics concerning the name however I don't want to offend anyone. I thought it just sounded cool and i knew it had something to do with private military.

I don't believe our name should be blackwater if it's going to offend anyone.
It would be to some limited extent like naming ourselves "some German group" to some groups of people.
(it's blocked by the forum filter)

Members feel free to suggest more names.

Edited by Necro, December 05 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#86 Whiskey_Tango_Foxtrot

Whiskey_Tango_Foxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationI'm on a boat!

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:52 AM

I still like Minute Men. It's a good nod to how us WG's can take over for a missing clan member on short notice, at least that's what I think when I hear the name.

#87 Nymphs

Nymphs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 02:00 AM

I feel that we should not be limited by our name offending anyone.

In this world, anything you do could offend someone. Literally, anything. By that logic, I hardly see why someone should refrain from expressing themselves in some fashion because someone, especially someone they personally don't know (presumably), is offended.

Anyway, since I'm somewhat forced to be "content" with this, maybe we can name ourselves something more classy. How about:

Dilly-Dang-Dingers...

That's all I could apparently think of.

Edited by Nymphs, December 05 2012 - 02:01 AM.

#88 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted December 05 2012 - 03:18 AM

Meh, if we're going to get that polit-cor over a name, count me out of the team.
I picked it because the company, despite the controversy, was (and under their new name still is) pretty much the real life equivalent of what the Wandering Guns are; Mercenaries.
And it just sounds awesome.
If all that's needed to get it off the table is one person who complains, who ISN'T EVEN A WG !!, and has 'Peace and Love' in their sig (which i find rather odd considering the rather violent nature of this game), then i want nothing to do with it.

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, December 05 2012 - 04:09 AM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#89 Otso

Otso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 03:37 AM

I agree with everyone. blackwater is an awesome name. if it offends people so be it. its an online computer game people need to lighten up.

PS ive played in guild/clans named after "certian german groups" never had any issues. people need to let it go.
Posted Image

#90 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:36 AM

if you guys acctually read about some of the fuzzy bunny that blackwater was doing, you would be offended too.  private militaries are not know for doing things properly. and these guys really werent much better then the fuzzy bunny party

also, this group could enter tournaments and such, so i would advise against anything political, controvertial, or what ever shows up on the news

Edited by OdinTheWise, December 05 2012 - 07:38 AM.

because bow ties are cool

#91 WasteGate

WasteGate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTehas

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:33 AM

Lots of other "cool" Merks and Merk group names out there besides Blackwater LLC.
They were out of control and the sh*t caught up with them,dudes pulling stuff that their enlisted ROE would never let them get away with,they'd be in the brig.
Name it what you want but first appearance means alot to alot of people. History doesn't mean anything to some folks but BW LLC is not something I'd want to be connected with much like other infamous groups down through the years.
I like "The Coalition" myself if you are to be named something besides "Wandering Guns",what's wrong with that moniker anyway_

Hessians,Ghurkas,Catalans,Huns,some Greek dudes,these were fighters for hire.
Yes,they all specialize in doing the things the hiring agent is un-willing or incapable of doing but the blur of history has brushed over the mis-deeds of these groups as time is wont to do. Blackwater LLC is still associated with murder. Not collateral damage during a sanctioned action but the killing of innocents.
I know the logic is crazy but you have to draw a line somewhere.
Just my own opinion here.
Posted Image

#92 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:15 AM

i stand behind your statement wastedgate, i my self would rather not be associated with somthing like blackwater. i didnt catch the refrance at first but as soon as i remebered what is was, i didnt think it was a good idea

#93 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:17 AM

FYI minute men is the code name for US nuclear strategic bomber force  for back in the 50s and a ICBM missle system and paul raviers guys (no sure if i am correct on the second one)

Edited by OdinTheWise, December 05 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#94 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostOdinTheWise, on December 05 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

FYI minute men is the code name for US nuclear strategic bomber force  for back in the 50s and a ICBM missle system and paul raviers guys (no sure if i am correct on the second one)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minutemen
http://en.wikipedia....t_organization)
http://en.wikipedia....nuteman_Project
http://en.wikipedia....l_Historic_Site

So yes, loaded term.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_

#95 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 11:21 AM

i think we should come up with a water mark or somthing we can just stamp on our all ready existing sigs instead of making a whole new one that hasnt even gotten a name yet (pitr, BTW i think we agreed to not use blackwater)

#96 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 11:57 AM

I removed it because one of our own team members along with a WG and another forum member feels offended by the name.

Not because one person complained. I don't think a name is a good reason to leave a team however if you have that strong of a feeling about it feel free however it would suck to lose a member that way without even having our first match.

Blackwater is also a category of dieseases that causes dark piss so...that's wierd

Edited by Necro, December 05 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#97 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:05 PM

@ Odin : Note my sig now no longer sports any Wandering Gun affiliation...
I only replied to your post to show that you were indeed correct on the presumption minutemen is a loaded term.

@ Necro : i refuse to join clans to avoid this sort of thing...
And since how this was handled is a good indication of what would happen if i pull any of my fairly regular, VERY non-PC pranks, i figured my best bet is to set up something similar for folks who don't care for rules much...
Which i'm in the process of doing.

Also, the 'Black water fever' you are undoubtedly referring to, is a complication/symptom of other diseases/infections, not an actual disease.

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, December 05 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#98 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:17 PM

Well either way Pitr were losing a member.
I have a feeling Odin wouldn't want to stay in a team with blackwater as the name.

Me on the other hand, i don't really care it sounds cool but i'm not going to sit here and keep a name that offends a member of the team.

BTW, i have no clue if the other WGs in this thread want to be a team member or are just in here chatting so speak up if you want to be on the list but are not.

There is still a scheduled match for tomorrow  the last CB3 day at around 7:00 pm central. compare that to your time below. I believe it fits everyone's schedules by at least an hour.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Edited by Necro, December 05 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#99 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:45 PM

Two, actually, Otso only joined because he tends to go with whatever group i join; he didn't know about Hawken until i told him about it.

But don't think i'm doing what i am doing because i'm angry or anything, or that i bear ill will towards anyone here; we simply see things so differently that i feel it's better if i just leave and set up something in a similar vein, but smaller, and differently managed.

I simply don't care for being politically correct to this point in a videogame, and i feel that, considering the lore of Hawken, specifically the callousness of Sentium and Prosk, that using a name like blackwater has a sense of twisted irony to it that seems appropriately inappropriate... if that makes any sense ;)

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, December 05 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#100 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:50 PM

correction, i dont care what the name is, but i am not a fan is all i was saying.  i am very non politically corect but i just dont like it is what i was saying black water is too recent for me
Also it is too soon, I believe it is still under investigation, and anything with blackwater most likely will get flagged by FBI and other government agency's. soooo.... Probably not a good idea

Edited by OdinTheWise, December 05 2012 - 01:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users