HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Brawler Strategy

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 29 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostKaraipantsu, on November 29 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

That's the point.  Only a scrub would go charging across the map in a C-class and waste all their fuel.  :P
No, no. You miss my point.

I'll charge ya if I damn well feel like it. You wheeling around and Hellfiring ain't gonna mean squat because if I'm expecting it, you're still eating a Flak or three to the face.

That said, odds are that if you're running, it's due to you being low on health. Whaddya know, Mr. TOW Missile has a mighty fine counter for that...
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#22 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 29 2012 - 12:14 PM

whaddya know, Mr TOW, is gonna hit you when you're low.. and slap you to the flo'.

'AY!

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#23 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted November 29 2012 - 12:15 PM

I don't see how dashing past the C-class will help you, he can do a 180 too (it takes no fuel) and you both end up blasting each other in the face. Trading blows is what the C-class wants since he has a higher health pool than you do.

#24 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 12:25 PM

Yes, but you're all missing what I was talking about.  No advanced player is going to waste all his fuel getting in range of someone just to flak them to death.  And said non-skilled player probably isn't going to be quick enough on the keys (yet) to pull that 180 before I've gotten at least one volley off.

However, at midrange, It's much easier to dodge TOWs, which is obviously where I'd place myself in a Bruiser against a C-class with no fuel.  :P

#25 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 12:29 PM

so many points missed, let's start making a list. Oh, the OP is gonna be pissed...

'AY!

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#26 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostAce4225, on November 29 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

whaddya know, Mr TOW, is gonna hit you when you're low.. and slap you to the flo'.

'AY!
Hit the showers, MC Sweet n' Low.

View PostKaraipantsu, on November 29 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

Yes, but you're all missing what I was talking about.  No advanced player is going to waste all his fuel getting in range of someone just to flak them to death.  And said non-skilled player probably isn't going to be quick enough on the keys (yet) to pull that 180 before I've gotten at least one volley off.

However, at midrange, It's much easier to dodge TOWs, which is obviously where I'd place myself in a Bruiser against a C-class with no fuel.  :P
Why wouldn't I_ All I have to do is get close and make it a battle of attrition. A TOW and a Flak and you're looking at a gaping hole in the region of 325-375 health. A little juking and jiving and I can certainly get you to the point where you'll flee to try to make me eat rockets to the face - and I'll punish the hell out of your attempt to dash past me. After all, I may not be able to catch you, but Mr. TOW Rocket can. :P

#27 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 01:52 PM

Because if you rush in on me, and I don't feel like fighting a Brawler in its natural territory, I'ma just leave, and you'd have no boost to follow me.  That would be silly.  I take a rocket in the ass on the way out and call it a day.

#28 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 02:06 PM

The sneaky Brawler is the most powerful combatant on the field.

It's biggest power is surprise. "Nothing that big could sneak up on anyone," you think. That's just the way they like it. Nobody believes they exist, and those who find out they do, don't live to tell about it.
Beep beep, Kiwi's a Chaffeemancer.

#29 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 03:27 PM

'AY!

was jk, guys. :D

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#30 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 29 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostAce4225, on November 29 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

'AY!

was jk, guys. :D
Don't worry, you're cool.
It was literally at least as good as, if not better than most of what passes for rap today.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#31 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 05:03 AM

View PostKaraipantsu, on November 29 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Because if you rush in on me, and I don't feel like fighting a Brawler in its natural territory, I'ma just leave, and you'd have no boost to follow me.  That would be silly.  I take a rocket in the ass on the way out and call it a day.
Ohoho, I hope we never face off in a match. If I do, you're gonna have a bad time. You may be able to run, but whether you'd be able to hide...

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 29 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Don't worry, you're cool.
It was literally at least as good as, if not better than most of what passes for rap today.
Have to agree there. It makes me sound hipster as hell, but somehow most music just isn't as good as it was 30-40 years ago. Y'know, back when people actually sang instead of flicking the Auto-Tune switch_

#32 UjestShurly

UjestShurly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSterling Heights MI, USA

Posted November 30 2012 - 05:34 AM

Finally a thread worth a chuckle. Just the right mix of sarcasm, humor, sexual innuendo and discussion of shortcomings and tactics about a class in a game.

:lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

Edited by UjestShurly, November 30 2012 - 05:35 AM.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

#33 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 07:15 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 30 2012 - 05:03 AM, said:

]Ohoho, I hope we never face off in a match. If I do, you're gonna have a bad time. You may be able to run, but whether you'd be able to hide...

We have, but I think we were on the same team.

#34 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 07:26 AM

Y'know, back when people actually sang instead of flicking the Auto-Tune switch_

Actually, the misconception with AutoTune is that it's easy to get the robotic voice you hear in a lot of modern pop with it... there's actually quite a trick to get it to sound that way as it was designed to make you sound more naturally perfect...

[this is what you get for bringing up VST plugins with a music producer :P]

Doesn't make modern pop/rap any less bland/stereotypical tho.

Edited by Ace4225, November 30 2012 - 07:26 AM.

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#35 johnbearross

johnbearross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouthern NV, USA

Posted November 30 2012 - 07:35 AM

The fat ninja thing worked.  I made my first serious attempt at piloting a C class last night with a Brawler.  That was fun, and since I'm used to B-Class lack of mobility anyway (SS and Bruiser are my usual rides), the only change was the extra armor.  I was actually racking up some kills!  Whoo-hoo!

Best,
JBR

Edited by johnbearross, November 30 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#36 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted November 30 2012 - 08:42 AM

I attempted the fat ninja last night with mixed success. I'm just not used to how fat it is and get caught on edges that I tend to cut close in other mechs

#37 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 30 2012 - 09:02 AM

Ah finally, a reference I get! Do I get a cookie now_ :D
Any other prog fans lurking here_ I should probably start another thread for that...

Yeah, I pretty much agree with all that is said here. Best way is to sneak up and then hit with everything like everyone has said. Practice by taking on too much you can handle so you can get used to taking fire and knowing your limit. Always jump in on team mates taking fire too, if they need it. Brawler can shield well and I enjoy getting someone out when they would have died. Never turret, ever. (I'd say I never turret but I normally do if I win a game and know I'll be on the score screen :P) Getting stuck is something I hope will get ironed out a bit. For some reason I get more stuck than in previous test sessions but that might just be because I haven't played in a few weeks. I think I have too much fun with the brawler and I can barely bring myself to play other classes!

Posted Image

#38 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostAce4225, on November 30 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Actually, the misconception with AutoTune is that it's easy to get the robotic voice you hear in a lot of modern pop with it... there's actually quite a trick to get it to sound that way as it was designed to make you sound more naturally perfect...

Not contesting that, but the simple fact is that it is quite overused and pretty much arguably the only musical innovation during the 2000s.

But god yes, modern pop and rap are just... bleh. Here's to hoping that 70s/80s nostalgia that's starting to click in takes hold in music as well. It's gonna be tough to explain to my kids why dad is listening to 60 year old music in 20 years.

#39 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted November 30 2012 - 10:23 AM

i HAD to do this

[url=Posted Image

Edited by Decoy101x, November 30 2012 - 10:23 AM.

Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#40 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted November 30 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 30 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostAce4225, on November 30 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Not contesting that, but the simple fact is that it is quite overused and pretty much arguably the only musical innovation during the 2000s.

But god yes, modern pop and rap are just... bleh. Here's to hoping that 70s/80s nostalgia that's starting to click in takes hold in music as well. It's gonna be tough to explain to my kids why dad is listening to 60 year old music in 20 years.

We need more:

and less autotune

Edited by Skylead, November 30 2012 - 10:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users